List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Port already setting up the limo and hookers to send him home in style and pick up their #1 2025 pick for the return leg.
As long as Ollie lord is in said limo with Houston

Otherwise they ain’t getting anything back in their limo other than dan via return post

We have already given them 1 x Pick 1. It’s ludicrous if we are putting our future first on the table which could quite easily be Pick 1 or even with improvement Pick 5.

We should not be giving up that much for half back flankers. That should be reserved for quality talls or exceptional midfielders. What’s the obsession with flankers?

He could be a total bust in our system. Polec looked $1M at Port and turned into a shittruck at North.

When’s the last time we did a decent deal with this mob?
Our ball use of the half back is terrible but that price for Houston of a top 3 pick next year for a hbf is too high.
Has to be a 1st rounder coming back from either GC or Port.

Last edited:
Makes no sense that we’d be his second choice to me. And as others have pointed out we haven’t even met with him. We just have the best leverage for Port to use against Carlton.

Do we privately bow out of the race and **** with Carlton, or publicly bow out and leave Port with less leverage. I’m probably more inclined to screw Port given recent history.

If we send a Top 10 pick to Port… I’ll angrily shake my fist in the air.

That’ll show the club I’m serious.

Mad The Simpsons GIF

I want to see a mega trade where...

GC get Rioli & E.Himmelberg
Adelaide get Cumming
Freo get Bolton
Port get Lukosis & Perryman
WCE get Baker
North get Houston, Balta, Parker, Konstanty & Darling
Richmond & Sydney clubs get picks

Now, if someone can just use the draft picks to balance it all out then that would be great.

I want to see a mega trade where...

GC get Rioli & E.Himmelberg
Adelaide get Cumming
Freo get Bolton
Port get Lukosis & Perryman
WCE get Baker
North get Houston, Balta, Parker, Konstanty & Darling
Richmond & Sydney clubs get picks

Now, if someone can just use the draft picks to balance it all out then that would be great.
Cumming and Himmelberg are unrestricted I think. No trades needed.

27yo dual All Australian who plays a position that, in 2024, we filled out with McDonald, Fisher, Scott, McKercher, Sheezel….

If we wait for the perfect time to have a crack at these blokes, we’ll always we waiting.

Exactly. We are the smallest club in Victoria and we've been shit for five years. We struggle to attract quality players at the best of times. Beggars can't be choosers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hadn't, according to Twomey, as of a fortnight ago.

Sure that's still that case?
Definitely not sure but we weren’t among the clubs named to have met him in that article above.

Don’t get me wrong, would love Houston and if we’re a real shot, go for it within reason.

But this just feels like we’re a pawn in the game. Doesn’t add up to me at the moment.

Just doing my bit to get us to 38 pages.

I could see the deal being something like this:

GC
Out: Lukosius, Pick 20, Pick 35
In: North F1

Port
Out: Houston, F2
In: Pick 20, Lukosius

North
Out: F1
In: Houston, Port F2, Pick 35
I was going to say you’re doing the Lord’s work Makeshift Park but it seems that you haven’t included Ollie Lord in any of your trade scenarios ;)

Definitely not sure but we weren’t among the clubs named to have met him in that article above.

Don’t get me wrong, would love Houston and if we’re a real shot, go for it within reason.

But this just feels like we’re a pawn in the game. Doesn’t add up to me at the moment.
That article was two weeks ago.

You can bag the club but in a situation like this I’m willing to bet we have reached out to him and Ralph wouldn’t roll with it if North haven’t discussed it with him.

Seriously this is painful … On the record I think it would be great to get him for our F1 with something coming back top 20 next year.

And if we haven’t spoken to him by now and are in the mix I’ll bare my arse in Bourke St, regardless if he chooses someone else.

Better to be a pawn than off the board.

Ah hang on a minute. Port can only trade their F1 out for Luko (if ticked off by AFL), then they're supposed to retain their F2 and F3. What would Perryman cost in trade value? Pick 36 and 54 this year?
Or maybe getting in a 1st rounder from elsewhere allows you to trade out your own F1.

When are we not?..

Never believe anything in the media that suggests we’ve made an offer said player can’t refuse, because you know it’s 💯 pumping up said player Manager’s superannuation..

Ah hang on a minute. Port can only trade their F1 out for Luko (if ticked off by AFL), then they're supposed to retain their F2 and F3. What would Perryman cost in trade value?
One Kochie with a half serving of Hinkley

I'm happy to roll the dice on trading our F1 for Houston (with something else coming back).

But there would have to be a few more moves, to reduce the risk. We'd need Parker. We'd need a trade for a reliable KPP (Balta? De Koning?) and a decent small forward.

Port have done a proper con job on Houston’s value.

Just as a thought excercise, what would people be willing to pay in picks for Houston’s fellow 2024 (and also x2 but a year older) AA back flanker?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back