List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston is a proven player - draft picks are a lucky dip.

Splitting pick 2 for a 6/12 and handing 12 over to poort won’t be the end of the world but could help us move up. Will also make us more attractive to other players looking to move.

12 is what Carlton are trying to attract him with... unfort if we want needs to be better than that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know this is slight exaggeration, but Geelong have been doing this - give or take a few AFL first round hand outs - for the last 15 years.
Geelong have the rest of their house in order. There is also a difference in trading late firsts and early firsts.

Using Geelong as a comparison “oh well Geelong can do that” when discussing North is just ridiculous.

If you're going to have Simpkin and Corr as part of our core, then you may as well add LMac. That wouldn't make it right either. Therein lies our problem. Whilst these guys are still considered part of our core, we are going nowhere fast.

I wouldn't include Corr and Lmac... one is 30 the other nearly there.... that's 3-4 older than the core.... they are supporting.... corr to be replaced by WD and/or sdk/balta if decide to go there too.... Lmac shouldn't be 23 next yr should be purely depth

I'd happily take him. Can play multiple roles, has good defensive intensity and is a player in the age bracket where we lack.

He'd increase our depth considerably.

Agree couple of good def mids there as Peatling and Garcia.... younger and prob more exp capital wise than parfitt

Aren't Carlton likely to want a couple of father / son selections?

Yes but was informed that they wouldn't cost too much

Don't think Carlton will offer anywhere near what we can/do. Then it's a matter of whether we want to overpay or head back to the shiny new toy factory again. Fortunately that decision doesn't lie with anyone on here!

Geelong have the rest of their house in order. There is also a difference in trading late firsts and early firsts.

Using Geelong as a comparison “oh well Geelong can do that” when discussing North is just ridiculous.
West Coast got 8/12/2nd rounder/3rd rounder for # 2 and Rioli.

Guessing they didn't have a clear cut # 2 on their board and I have no idea if we do.

Sure, we might be able to split a pick and get 2 kids, or possibly Houston and a kid.

Then again someone might make the counter argument that we got 2 busts in Polec and Thomas, so should have kept pick 11.

So, I agree, we aint Geelong.

North Melbourne in a 'strong position' to land Caleb Daniel if he decides to leave - Twomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel should be a priority. Ball use and can provide speed and free up Kerch.

Get it done.

North Melbourne in a 'strong position' to land Caleb Daniel if he decides to leave - Twomey
Whether he's cooked or not I'm unsure but but but but he can regularly hit a target and make assured decisions with ball in hand.

We have about two players who can do that now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back