List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel for a future 3rd vs Dan Houston for a future first with something else coming back our way

I think i almost prefer Daniel in that scenario

Seems like a fair and balanced dynamic to me. They keep losing, we keep whinging about it. I guess it is unnecessary, but so is losing when you have as many players capable of good football as we do

We haven't lost a game for a month, yet the last month has been full of the same misery.

We haven't lost a game for a month, yet the last month has been full of the same misery.
Residual misery. Expect it until draft night, when we get our new toy to play with. After that there might miraculously be a deviation from the usual trajectory, which is hope during pre-season training and hearing about how everyone's killing it, continued hope when we play well against someone in a pre-season match that means nothing to anyone, and gradually increasing despair for the first eight weeks of the season

Yeah, sometimes the defensive structure breaks down, it happens, especially on repeat forward 50 entries after turnovers. We often see one of our KPDs out of position and then someone like McKercher or Fisher or McDonald has to try and spoil, but it isn't because McKercher is lining up on Darcy, it is because the KPDs are out of position.

Every side plays one or two rebounding defenders that are dubious defenders that are there to launch rebounds out of defensive 50. We also have an issue because someone like McDonald is in our defensive 50 and he is both a dubious defender at times and not there to rebound.
Yep so true. Smart teams will also block for teammates to create a switch or just create that space by getting out.
Prime example was Burgoyne isolated on Heeney. Campbell gets out of the space. Game over.

Certainly hoping we phase LMac out of the side midseason with a Hardemann/Bergman/Goater.

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by First We Feast

Just got back from lunch with Clarko, I promised him that I wouldn't leak any information but there was one thing he said that I was allowed to post… The letter J.
jesus wink GIF

Clearance Is pending from the Bethlehem Biblemen. Has had a great year and led the competition with 1000 conversions a week. Apparently an excellent clubman and does some amazing tricks with water in bottles 😎

Residual misery. Expect it until draft night, when we get our new toy to play with. After that there might miraculously be a deviation from the usual trajectory, which is hope during pre-season training and hearing about how everyone's killing it, continued hope when we play well against someone in a pre-season match that means nothing to anyone, and gradually increasing despair for the first eight weeks of the season

Sure, residual is a good description. As North supporters, we've had a horrible ride for a long time and it's only human for us to feel bad about it. Our club made significant errors, results have been unprecedentedly atrocious, and we have a right to be critical.

But for every poster for whom regular/continued negative posting is cathartic, there are posters who feel just as bad but would prefer not to wallow in negativity when we discuss the future.

Yep so true. Smart teams will also block for teammates to create a switch or just create that space by getting out.
Prime example was Burgoyne isolated on Heeney. Campbell gets out of the space. Game over.

Certainly hoping we phase LMac out of the side midseason with a Hardemann/Bergman/Goater.

I do not think you need to hope. It started happening last year when injury hit and he was good enough hold his position.

We should be hoping that he takes the challenge to his role head on and steps up. The best will play next year and while it’s easy to assume Luke will fade into the distance - it will be an interesting watch to see how he responds.

He’s a proud man Luke and will work hard to keep his spot and we will be better for the competition

I do not think you need to hope. It started happening last year when injury hit and he was good enough hold his position.

We should be hoping that he takes the challenge to his role head on and steps up. The best will play next year and while it’s easy to assume Luke will fade into the distance - it will be an interesting watch to see how he responds.

He’s a proud man Luke and will work hard to keep his spot and we will be better for the competition
Only thing keeping him in the side was the fact he was winning 1 v 1 contests.
Unfortunately the wear and tear on the body is starting to catch up to him the last few years.

Those games came before the bye where he was carrying head, hand and leg injuries. Since the bye he's been significantly better.
He was absolutely awful in the West Coast loss, did more than anyone else to shit the bed in the dying minutes and hand them the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel HBF
McKercher Wing
Fisher Small Fwd
Stephens VFL

Yes please....
Fisher out … and never to be seen again. Sorry, we can’t be taken seriously with him running around in the backline. Zero redeeming features. Whoever signed him up to - what was it - a five/year deal should never represent the club in any trade negotiations again.

Simpkin???
yes! when all we needed to do was lock up every stoppage and slow the game down, he went for a stupid toe poke and gave west coast space to run it down for their last goal. total lack of composure and game awareness, unacceptable from a captain

jesus wink GIF

Clearance Is pending from the Bethlehem Biblemen. Has had a great year and led the competition with 1000 conversions a week. Apparently an excellent clubman and does some amazing tricks with water in bottles 😎
Apparently started playing just after Liam Shiels.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back