List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

On Houston, he’s an Eastern suburb boy and has a close family and friends network here in Melbourne.

Call to home has always been there and it was a matter of when not if, that he came back to Victoria.

Media is correct, Carlton is his preference as they’re a contender.
We are right in the mix but outsiders.

What is gospel though, is one way or another, Houston will be playing his football in Melbourne as of next year.
Staying in Adelaide is not an option.

yeah i'm pretty sure this is more a next year option as opposed to this trade period

potentially if we miss on houston then maybe Daniel we go harder for this year tho, a solid backup option
Hopefully miss on Houston this year, no way you split pick 2 and handover a first round pick next year for Houston.

We keep 2 have one more year of relative pain, I expect 6-8 to wins next year still finishing 15-17 as the competition evens up and with a 3-5 pick

We need hold our first round draft pick for one more season

I can face one more year of shitness over 20 years for a 3-6 year window that will deliver another 90s reign from 2026 onwards
Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Hopefully miss on Houston this year, no way you split pick 2 and handover a first round pick next year for Houston.

We keep 2 have one more year of relative pain, I expect 6-8 to wins next year still finishing 15-17 as the competition evens up and with a 3-5 pick

I can face one more year of shitness over 20 years for a 3-6 year window that will deliver another 90s reign from 2026 onwards
Holding Mel Gibson GIF
Conflicted on this one, whether to take the medicine for another year or go after him. He is a gun.

Plays Marvel perfectly too.
Yes there was one instance where on the day I thought he that shat his pants but watching the replay both him and the opposition player paused as though they didn't want to make head high contact.

But 5 or 6 examples he went back into the pack against blokes with 20kg on him and he didn't flinch

He definitely ain't soft. Yeah he ain't no George.

He is more than a solid 18-24 ranked player in a team

Conflicted on this one, whether to take the medicine for another year or go after him. He is a gun.
Go after him.
If we fail we are in the same place as not trying.
If we get him he improves us massively
Nothing to lose.
Go after every good player every year. You will miss some but you will also get some.
We may win more games next year and just by chance no one may want to join us.
If we have a chance now Go for it.

Same, I want Houston because he'd make a difference, but I don't want us to overpay. I can't see how we get him without overpaying, unfortunately, so I sort of hope Carlton overpay to get him.

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

If he chose us we wouldn’t need to split 2 and handover the future first. I’d say we keep 2 at the moment but next years first rounder is certainly being dangled even if to come back into this draft.

yes! when all we needed to do was lock up every stoppage and slow the game down, he went for a stupid toe poke and gave west coast space to run it down for their last goal. total lack of composure and game awareness, unacceptable from a captain
I saw that differently but whatever, doesn't get the game back now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don’t know, I’m certainly not going to tell you.
I’m just helping Wreck-em Ralph and Tim Sausage get their ‘trade scoops’ for tomorrow as they usually trawl through the BF bins for some scraps to use as clickbait..

Hi Ralphy you owe me a million dollars..

I think it was Twomey who said today that Carlton would need to give up pick 11 and a second round pick for Houston. Based on that, I'm not sure we would get much change from our future first if we cashed it in for him.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Colby is actually quite good at harnessing, chasing, tackling and going when it’s his turn.

I don’t know if it’s because he seems slight, quick and small, but he is a decent defensive player. He is in a different league to Fisher and Stephens.
Agree

Putting Colby in the same bracket as Stephens and Fisher and Daniel.

That's not being critical if those three they have a role to play as a 18-24 ranked player on the list, you need this3 18-24 ranked players

But Colby is clearly a top 5 ranked player in 3 years

I think it was Twomey who said today that Carlton would need to give up pick 11 and a second round pick for Houston. Based on that, I'm not sure we would get much change from our future first if we cashed it in for him.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Houston is not worth that

Period

So why are we putting our future first on the market? We'll need it next year and it will be worth more then. Whereas pick 2 is worth heaps this year, and as another mid isn't our main priority, we should be happy to trade / split it.

The list might be better but these guys have gone backwards, significantly since their Syd years.

You're holding on to hope. I'd say it's more likely LMac gets relegated to the VFL and Simpkin gets medically retired than seeing either of them back in Syd winning contention.
8 weeks is a long time in football.

Jiye and Luke are the 10-14 ranked player on our list being forced to play the 3-8 ranked which they are not

Once the Harry George Colby Zane this year's first plus next years top 4 pick get 2 years under their belt with LDU Larkey Curtis etc

Then Luke and Jiye can shine at the optimal level.

It's been extremely harsh on them over the last 4 years to perform at a level they are not capable of

But we do need them

In two years they will be the 16-20 bracket

We need them

So why are we putting our future first on the market? We'll need it next year and it will be worth more then. Whereas pick 2 is worth heaps this year, and as another mid isn't our main priority, we should be happy to trade / split it.
I think we're keen to get into the 1st round this year would be my guess.
I guess we could always trade our 2026 1st into 2025 and pay the bill with not having a 1st in 2026.
But we'd need an academy or F/S team like GC with Uwland brother to trade out of 1st round next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back