List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Because we lost JHF and Thomas, #11.

If we hadn't have lost them...
go for your life, trade 'em all. Nobody would care.

We have less than we should for being this bad, and the draft is much better than it was 20 years ago in terms of finding good people and players. I can see both sides, and it wouldn't be an issue if we were placed 8-12, but it's now taking 8 wins to get out of bottom 4. We could improve a shitload and still finish bottom 4, and cost ourselves an elite Tall Forward in the process by trading for a 27 year old HB.

If Port wants to do something, there's a reason. They can trade, we can't... yet.
So what?

No Chase was replaced with George, Tarryn is a pos. Get over it.

If we can get an elite HB and still take a pick 6 and pick 22 to the draft, then I am all for it. If its a future 1st, then it requires a pick swap with Poorta imo

Houston, Parker Darling would mean leadership across all lines. That is immense for a young team.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leadership group rigs a dice roll to force any young players showing personality or flair to shave their head.

Lowkey, it's one of the 'traditions' I most hate at Arden St.
Although didn't Eddie Ford beat them at their own game by getting a perm instead?

Why are the anti Houston brigade so hysterical? It's like all they can see is pick 2 or the f1 pick and can't get past it...

All I've seen from posters wanting to bring Houston in are trades requiring pick swaps, etc, to bring his worth to around pick 8-12.

Very strange.

Agree it’s almost like people are wanting us to stay bad to get coveted high draft picks. Bringing in Houston, darling and Parker will make us instantly better, along with the growth from the future stars already on our list. The other thing people aren’t considering is long term list management. Really need to take a portfolio approach from an age profile viewpoint. Having a bunch of high end kids hitting free agency at the same time makes it near impossible to keep the list together. Have a lot of players hitting their straps demanding a lot of money all at once AND with minimum cap requirements let’s face it forces us to overpay players now. May as well pay a player well for his current output like Houston , not promise.

So what?

No Chase was replaced with George, Tarryn is a pos. Get over it.

If we can get an elite HB and still take a pick 6 and pick 22 to the draft, then I am all for it. If its a future 1st, then it requires a pick swap with Poorta imo

Houston, Parker Darling would mean leadership across all lines. That is immense for a young team.

I agree, would be immense for a 4 pick downgrade. I do reckon you're dreaming. Port will want (rightfully) more for a 2xAA, you'd think.

Players have heads shaved and Karens on here sook about it.

Symptomatic of the insipidness of the past 4 years

Have a culture of a Country Football Club and play like a Country Football Club

I’m firmly in the camp of FOR getting Houston but ‘only at the right price’. Reality is he’ll be 28yo a few weeks into his career with us, so I question how many ‘elite’ years are people actually expecting to get out of him? Is it 3-4 years?
Folks that are saying we’ll be getting 6, 7+ really good years out of him aren’t living in reality. How many elite 33, 34 or 35+ year olds are running around out there? Sure, you might look at a Zorko or a Boomer and say ‘gee they go alright’, but these guys are really a dime a dozen and for every one of those that you see, 20 other guys completely fall off a cliff once they reach 33-34 yo.
If people are happy to give up our first rounder for him, then that’s fine. But just accept what you’re ‘likely’ getting in return based on history and how players mature once they hit the twilight of their careers.
He’s also a much more physical/contested type compared to other players at his position. So how that affects his game in later years, only time will tell.

Agree it’s almost like people are wanting us to stay bad to get coveted high draft picks. Bringing in Houston, darling and Parker will make us instantly better, along with the growth from the future stars already on our list. The other thing people aren’t considering is long term list management. Really need to take a portfolio approach from an age profile viewpoint. Having a bunch of high end kids hitting free agency at the same time makes it near impossible to keep the list together. Have a lot of players hitting their straps demanding a lot of money all at once AND with minimum cap requirements let’s face it forces us to overpay players now. May as well pay a player well for his current output like Houston , not promise.
List management from a TPP is certainly challenging, and without having the detail to hand, signing Tarryn Thomas up to big money didn't seem to do him or us many favours - I guess the variable with TT that doesn't apply to the likes of Sheezel is emotional maturity

You probably feel about Zorko what every other club felt about Boomer

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thought Zorko sledged Petty about his mum's cancer or something in that kind of context.

Not in the same stratosphere to Boomer's gamesmanship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we lost JHF and Thomas, #11.

If we hadn't have lost them...
go for your life, trade 'em all. Nobody would care.

We have less than we should for being this bad, and the draft is much better than it was 20 years ago in terms of finding good people and players. I can see both sides, and it wouldn't be an issue if we were placed 8-12, but it's now taking 8 wins to get out of bottom 4. We could improve a shitload and still finish bottom 4, and cost ourselves an elite Tall Forward in the process by trading for a 27 year old HB.

If Port wants to do something, there's a reason. They can trade, we can't... yet.
Or instead of always looking at the generation KPF on the horizon, just biting the bullet and getting the ones available this year.

It was funny in 2002.

Times change. It feels off now and should be ditched imo.
I was going to propose that we run a similar lotto style game here on the North big footy forum as a bit of fun over the off season. Remember, it's not bastardisation if we all get a laugh out of it. I have my D12 from dungeons and dragons so I just need to nominate the players and roll away. I even have a set of Whal clippers oiled up and ready.

Don't tell me that this isn't going to work?

Result to be posted on my alt profile insta.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back