List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans exit meetings today/tomorrow?

Should get Parker and/or konstanty news then

Caleb Daniel is a future 3rd (pick around 40) at most considering his salary

Polec also came to us on the back of a great season at Port. He was one of the highest rated wingman in the comp the year prior to coming to us.

With foot issues, so Port offered a reduced contract. Which made Polec look for more money which we obliged. He wasn't work the early pick and we knew it because we got Pittard as part of the deal.

Polec on his own was not worth the price we paid so we got more than that and the reality is we played the entire situation wrong and it was because Joyce needed a win in the big fish column and this got him that, despite Polec not being a big fish.

I don't know if Houston is worth a F1. I doubt he is, but regardless of his worth, f*** trading with Port. I want no part in that. None. We tend to walk away ashamed with out trousers around our ankles, opt out of doing that.

Caleb Daniel is a mistake. The way the Dogs play helps him, he would be lamb to the slaughter with the 2024 Roos.

Caleb Daniel is a mistake. The way the Dogs play helps him, he would be lamb to the slaughter with the 2024 Roos.

Yep, I don’t see how he can fit in our side with our lack of midfield accountability and lack of genuine half backs that can defend.

He is a worse defender than Fisher and that’s saying something.

A fourth rounder for Darling
A third rounder for Parker
And a top 25 pick for Caleb ****ing Daniels!

These guys will be off the list in 2 years and our 2024 draft class is all but wiped.

The off season is going to be harder on my sanity than the regular season.
Add in a first rounder for Houston and our first pick will be pick 69.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A fourth rounder for Darling
A third rounder for Parker
And a top 25 pick for Caleb ****ing Daniels!

These guys will be off the list in 2 years and our 2024 draft class is all but wiped.

The off season is going to be harder on my sanity than the regular season.
What?
The concerning part about this, is that I would not put this past our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh not at all, they're flaky AF but they're miles ahead of us. We've got maybe 15+ that wouldn't make their list.
They have some obvious stars and depth that would be best 23 for us.

But they have continuously overplayed flanker trade targets for the last 10 years.

If it wasn’t for those brown paper bags, they would be up sh*t creek with their salary cap.

Interesting that I cannot find one media 'expert' that thinks the Darling trade is a good move for us.

Leaving out the debate as to what is a media expert.... disagreeing with Korn is a tick!

Gerard Healy however sees the logic behind the trade, believing Darling can set some standards at Arden Street given how seriously he takes his preparation.

“I reckon they would’ve spoken to his former coach in Adam Simpson. They clearly think they need someone senior to set some standards,” Healy said.

“And if they haven’t got it there, then they’ve got to import it and I agree that a lot of those trades haven’t worked.

“They’ve got so much young talent there that they need a standards setter and someone to show you just how you train. This guy is a black belt, he’s a premiership player, his body is his temple, he is going to show everyone how to train and take it up another notch.

“It gives them another option that will take pressure off Nick Larkey, it allows them to play Charlie Comben to play at centre half back.

“Darling has a unique set of appealing set of attributes that have clearly appealed to Alastair Clarkson.

“I reckon he was the best player in the game for about 12 weeks a number of years ago. Josh Kennedy got injured and he played some footy for three or four months there that was incredible.”

Leaving out the debate as to what is a media expert.... disagreeing with Korn is a tick!

Gerard Healy however sees the logic behind the trade, believing Darling can set some standards at Arden Street given how seriously he takes his preparation.

“I reckon they would’ve spoken to his former coach in Adam Simpson. They clearly think they need someone senior to set some standards,” Healy said.

“And if they haven’t got it there, then they’ve got to import it and I agree that a lot of those trades haven’t worked.

“They’ve got so much young talent there that they need a standards setter and someone to show you just how you train. This guy is a black belt, he’s a premiership player, his body is his temple, he is going to show everyone how to train and take it up another notch.

“It gives them another option that will take pressure off Nick Larkey, it allows them to play Charlie Comben to play at centre half back.

“Darling has a unique set of appealing set of attributes that have clearly appealed to Alastair Clarkson.

“I reckon he was the best player in the game for about 12 weeks a number of years ago. Josh Kennedy got injured and he played some footy for three or four months there that was incredible.”

I find the whole setting standards thing a bit confusing. Wouldn’t Shiels & Greenwood given us enough of an insight into how best to prepare? Corr, Tucker and Logue come from successful clubs, why aren’t they setting standards?

We have a fair few players in that 23+ category (McDonald, Simpkin, LDU, Larkey, Zurhaar ect) surely they have a good enough idea now of what it takes to get the best out of themselves (excluding McDonald, because we know he is useless).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back