List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not ready to write off Hansen and Payne. Plus he made it pretty clear that we'll likely draft another one this year.

I've written off RJH.

I know he's only played a handful of games but when you look at the best small forwards in the game, they've all got freakish talents and some mongrel about them. RJH is far too timid and he doesn't seem to have that something that makes him stand out. I'm not sure what it is when I watch him but I just feel he is lacking in some ways. Some on here will no doubt disagree with me and that's fine.

As for Payne, by all reports he does have that mongrel about him but he seems to be a long way off at this stage. More than what I was expecting. Given our situation mid season, I was expecting he would force his way into the team at some point but in the end his form in the VFL didn't warrant it which concerns me a little.

I'm convinced we really need to get a highly talented small forward in this draft, even if it means we have to use one of our earlier picks. I don't really like the sound of using a second or third round pick to go after the scraps after the better ones are taken.

There seems to be differing opinions of where Parker might sit in the Midfield depth chart next year. I think he'll get a lot of looks as the first midfield rotation. Without thinking too much about it, i'd probably have the depth chart:

1. Sheezel
2. LDU
3. Wardlaw
4. Parker
5. McKercher
6. Powell
7. Simpkin
8. Phillips

I have McKercher at five and could see him combining well with Parker or Wardlaw as the year progresses, but expect he'd see less time on ball at the start of the year as he continues to work on his strength and body work.

If Carlton comes to the table with a suitable trade then they will get Houston.
They’re offering $1.1 a year.
We’re offering $1.5

FYI money isn’t a deal breaker here.

Houston was a lifelong Carlton supporter growing up and they’re contending in finals.
If they get a deal together that works for Port then we are outsiders.

1.5mil for Houston? You've got to be kidding!

There seems to be differing opinions of where Parker might sit in the Midfield depth chart next year. I think he'll get a lot of looks as the first midfield rotation. Without thinking too much about it, i'd probably have the depth chart:

1. Sheezel
2. LDU
3. Wardlaw
4. Parker
5. McKercher
6. Powell
7. Simpkin
8. Phillips

I have McKercher at five and could see him combining well with Parker or Wardlaw as the year progresses, but expect he'd see less time on ball at the start of the year as he continues to work on his strength and body work.

I reckon he will start and Wardlaw come off the bench... can't be bullied from the start

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Carlton comes to the table with a suitable trade then they will get Houston.
They’re offering $1.1 a year.
We’re offering $1.5

FYI money isn’t a deal breaker here.

Houston was a lifelong Carlton supporter growing up and they’re contending in finals.
If they get a deal together that works for Port then we are outsiders.
Excuse me?

$1.5m?

Has Cam Joyce weaseled his way back into possession of our cheque book?

1. Sheezel
2. LDU
3. Wardlaw
4. Parker
5. McKercher
6. Powell
7. Simpkin
8. Phillips

I think Sheezel will spend plenty of time at half forward next year, as soon as the ball is bounced, he'll push up and be the extra midfielder around the contest. He played that role really well this year.

If there's any truth in that you'd assume a heavily front loaded deal, to leave space for LDU, and bump up McKercher, Wardlaw etc
If he was a difference maker, no problems.

He’s a HBF and we have pressing needs in every other more important position in the field.

Zorko offers the lions nothing defensively either. But he’s crucial in setting up their ball movement.

With how often clubs are rolling a half forward up to contests now, the Zorko type role that Daniel would fill rarely is picking up anyone defensively.

I can see the reasons for Daniel. I’m not sure if he can have the impact Zorko does but I wouldn’t worry about the defensive side of it. Goater will slot in anyway.

Zorko offers a lot more than Mckercher and Fisher. When it's his turn to go, he goes and has the ability to win one on one contests.

I reckon he will start and Wardlaw come off the bench... can't be bullied from the start

Absolutely he will, and he'll have a point to prove, 30+ touches rd 1, most of em contested, 10 tackles, 30+ pressure acts, and a couple of sausage rolls. Take it to the bank New Roo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko offers a lot more than Mckercher and Fisher. When it's his turn to go, he goes and has the ability to win one on one contests.
Bergman, Fisher, McKercher, Scott.

All blokes are monstered in 1v1 contests. Both on in the ground and in the air.

I've written off RJH.

I know he's only played a handful of games but when you look at the best small forwards in the game, they've all got freakish talents and some mongrel about them. RJH is far too timid and he doesn't seem to have that something that makes him stand out. I'm not sure what it is when I watch him but I just feel he is lacking in some ways. Some on here will no doubt disagree with me and that's fine.

As for Payne, by all reports he does have that mongrel about him but he seems to be a long way off at this stage. More than what I was expecting. Given our situation mid season, I was expecting he would force his way into the team at some point but in the end his form in the VFL didn't warrant it which concerns me a little.

I'm convinced we really need to get a highly talented small forward in this draft, even if it means we have to use one of our earlier picks. I don't really like the sound of using a second or third round pick to go after the scraps after the better ones are taken.
Yep. There are two gun small forwards in this draft, we need to get at least one of them.

It wasn’t about McKercher or Fisher, I was responding to someone questioning why we would be after Caleb Daniel and I’m pointing to the exact role he’ll play.

That's massively under selling him. His kicking from half back and defensive ability absolutely makes him a difference maker
For that money, you want Top 3 player in the competition.

He’s nowhere near that.

Not even Top 30.

That's massively under selling him. His kicking from half back and defensive ability absolutely makes him a difference maker

The game has changed so much. It's all about quick movement from hb. Some people are just old school and are stuck coming to terms with the growing importance of speed and distribution from hb.... not simply a hbf...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back