List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So how do we get him to come to us rather than going to another club?
parker and konstanty both with the same management group hemisphere (david trotter and co)

should be pretty easy to loop him into the deal for pick 40

The courts would most likely rule that when out of contract you can go anywhere (much like the bosman case in europe). When in contract that a different story. The contract is signed, there is no restraint of trade, you can't just wake up one morning and say, i am going to another club and just move.
The AFL know it should never be tested in a court of law where they would dump on any club that considered it.

I'm sure that this has been suggested before. We want Houston, Port want Lukosius. We send pick 2 to GC, GC sends Jack to PA, we get Houston and get pick 12 in return. Some minor pick exchanges to leave everyone equally unhappy.
Port may get Luko for a second rounder where it is not clear who redeems the current two year, two miliion dollar contract

The courts would most likely rule that when out of contract you can go anywhere (much like the bosman case in europe). When in contract that a different story. The contract is signed, there is no restraint of trade, you can't just wake up one morning and say, i am going to another club and just move.
While lm not sure if he was on a contract or not but in 1983 Foschini took court action, citing restraint of trade after he had played 2 seasons with the Swans.

The court ruled in his favour, and he ran out in St Kilda colours for the 1983 Round 4 match against Geelong.

If we can get another pick in the 20s id offer that and 40 for Parker and Konstanty.
Are you saying an uncontracted player yet to debut is worth a pick in the 20s in this draft? Seems that 40 will get Parker done, I'd be more inclined to throw in a bag of twisties and an already stamped loyalty card from the Arden St coffee cart.

The Dees offered their first for this year, pick five + first for next year then Dan was spooked by the Petracca stories.
I am sure Port will be reminding Dan of that offer

I can't find any evidence of this. I can find that Port would ask for it and I can find that Melbourne would baulk at that price. As for Melbourne actually making a trade offer that seems to be a Port board Mandela Effect.

Geez the 2025 free agency list is looking perfect for us to swoop.

Plenty of role players in priority areas for that!

Highly doubt he'd leave given his Father's connections at Brisbane but Brandon Starcevich would compliment our defence perfectly. Having him and Arch as defence first defenders would give us so much flexibility.

Kane Farrell would be a perfect addition to the wing rotations with his running capacity and kicking skill.

Been talked about a lot in the past but Noah Balta would be perfect to replace the aging Aidan Corr, would also give us the flexibility to swing Comben forward on a permanent basis. Sam Collins would be another KD option.

Andy Brayshaw, Ed Richards, Brayden Maynard and Hunter Clark would be others that would appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't be too hard to list some names then
Everyone bar Harry. Even Xerri needs something, perhaps some advice on how to go forward and be more dangerous than he already is.

And we’ll be sure to remind you and and Davies about the JHF deal

Wouldn't pick up the phone.
OF said it best, under no circumstances. None. I'd fax (if that's still a thing) an offer of 22 on its own the night before. At least we'll have their details.

Highly doubt he'd leave given his Father's connections at Brisbane but Brandon Starcevich would compliment our defence perfectly. Having him and Arch as defence first defenders would give us so much flexibility.

Kane Farrell would be a perfect addition to the wing rotations with his running capacity and kicking skill.

Been talked about a lot in the past but Noah Balta would be perfect to replace the aging Aidan Corr, would also give us the flexibility to swing Comben forward on a permanent basis. Sam Collins would be another KD option.

Andy Brayshaw, Ed Richards, Brayden Maynard and Hunter Clark would be others that would appeal.

Sounds like Balta is staying, working on extending him now.

Andy Brayshaw would be my first chioce, works both ways and would round out our midfield perfectly. His old man is great mates with Clarko as well.

parker and konstanty both with the same management group hemisphere (david trotter and co)

should be pretty easy to loop him into the deal for pick 40
Yes if we want him. I think it’s a good move but I’m not aware of any reputable source linking him to us (happy to stand corrected on that). In the q&a and given our list spots I think 3-4 will be the max number of targets. We’ve already been linked to Houston and Daniel so that could be the remaining two. My preference would be one of these plus a small fwd but Rawlings and co might have other ideas.

Starcevich is the nephew of Craig I’m pretty sure but would still be a handy get.

Why is everyone getting excited about Konstapation from Sydney?

Is it the liquid diarrhea we have served up for the last five years? People now want a hard blockage?

100%, but the way our forward line functions, you almost need to hit the perfect pass to have a successful i50.

The mids get a perfect lead about 3 x a game. The rest of the time, it's stagnant, 3 x fwds are going for the mark, or the players aren't on the same page.

It's so dysfunctional that's it's laughable imo We clean our mid/fwd conne tion up and we are a 5 goal/game better side.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

At times, for sure. Especially when we move the ball slowly up the wing and the opposition has time to drops numbers back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back