List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Five days until the official opening of Trade Period and Nostra is still the only person making sense in this thread. Time to pick up your game people shit is about to get real. Don’t make me post another RooSteve19 Tweet.
Same old same old then

Not sure I've ever heard him say a positive word on north... maybe slightly better than Damo, slightly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has had the shits since 96

And in 99 it's going to be a monumental effort for North to hang on here

Don't listen to what ole mate Geraldo says

Also, Geelong establishing themselves as some sort of rehabilitation football side for all these established guns that have found themselves with drug / alcohol / behavioural problems is just about the craziest list management strategy I’ve ever heard.

You have to tip your hat to them, because it would blow up in any other teams face in about 5 minutes.
I reckon there's a ratio. You can bring in Stengle if you have Selwood, Danger, Hawkins, Stewart and Cameron.

But your ratio gets ****ed if you have a few more ****wits but a few less vets. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes bad.

Yes, they have. You haven't, and have been steadfast but you also think CD is worth more than most. I'd just pay him in full and on time - nothing more. Don't want a slow shorty who can't defend, at any cost.
I’ve said a future 3rd for Caleb Daniel

That’s what he is worth as a contracted player

I reckon there's a ratio. You can bring in Stengle if you have Selwood, Danger, Hawkins, Stewart and Cameron.

But your ratio gets ****ed if you have a few more ****wits but a few less vets. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes bad.

Yeah, won’t work if your senior leaders are shite, that’s for sure. But I wonder how much of the actual work is on the coaching staff, the support staff, the doctors, the whole footy program. If it’s that then the whole thing might be sustainable and a pretty major advantage going forward.

Yeah, won’t work if your senior leaders are shite, that’s for sure. But I wonder how much of the actual work is on the coaching staff, the support staff, the doctors, the whole footy program. If it’s that then the whole thing might be sustainable and a pretty major advantage going forward.
And yet Stengel still managed to get ****ed up in a club.

People are confusing Geelong being able to keep a lot of it out of the headlines with them turning dickheads into angels.

Winning games of football also papers over a lot of those cracks. We never heard of how much of a ****wit Clayton Oliver is while Melbourne were up the top end of the ladder.

if we dont make something of a jump next year then say good bye to LDU

Houston is an absolute superstar defender with a lethal right leg. He immediately makes us a lot better and would help with that jump. If we get him and the other three players mentioned we really should be looking at 10th-12th as a minimum, so pick 6-8 which, while still slightly overs, i'd be willing to give up for Houston if it contributes to us keeping LDU and changing perceptions around the club
On what planet does giving up pick two and pick 6-8 next year result in LDU staying or leaving.

LDU has said he wants to stay

LDU like 15 of his high draft pick mates needs to grow the **** up and take responsibility for lifting this club out of its mediocrity.

Finishing 10-12 is achievable with the current list without giving up pick 2 and 6-8 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very surprised if we gave up 40 for Parker. Other illustrious players in the twilight of their careers are typically traded for a very late pick - think Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Petrie. Clubs aren’t going to drive a hard bargain for players which have given 300 games or thereabouts of service.
I think it'll be pick 58. Not sure if they were contracted but they must have been to be traded except Petrie.

Hodge was pick 75 with 44 & 43 swapped.
Lewis was 48 and 56 with 57 and 68 in return from Hawks.
Mitchell 52 and 70 & 88 with 54 & 72 back.
Petrie was a rookie.

Five days until the official opening of Trade Period and Nostra is still the only person making sense in this thread. Time to pick up your game people shit is about to get real. Don’t make me post another RooSteve19 Tweet.
Yeah, nah..

It’s just like when I found out the lead singer of KC & The Sunshine Band was a white dude, I need to see it before I believe it..

Fully reformed (/s). I could make a Hello Human Resources meme but it would be in bad taste.
Tarryn is booked in next Saturday at Gordon Tafe to complete a 2 hr 'Respecting Woman' short course and the AFL will tick it off as him being rehabilitated.

There will be a two page spread in the the Gelong Addy with Tarryn feeding some cows organic Lucerne at Jezzas 2000 acre farm at Barwon Heads.

Tarryn will be on minimum wage but somehow will be making a guest appearance at The Edge once a month for an hour, and buy a 50 acre farm at Armstrong Creek for $125,000 that will be rezoned from Rural to residential and be revalued at $18.5 million.

But it's all about culture and lifestyle

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back