List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

On what planet does giving up pick two and pick 6-8 next year result in LDU staying or leaving.

LDU has said he wants to stay

LDU like 15 of his high draft pick mates needs to grow the **** up and take responsibility for lifting this club out of its mediocrity.

Finishing 10-12 is achievable with the current list without giving up pick 2 and 6-8 next year.
When did I say give up pick 2?

Bring in experience at the right cost and develop from within.

Houston won’t be the fix some people think he will be and the cost is too high.

If we are going to throw around what will be a premium pick try and shake loose someone like a Cadman.

As good as Houston is, he’s a half back flanker a position we should be able to develop or fill if we are a serious footy club.

If we need to overpay for that role we are kidding ourselves.
He's a two time all Australian half back and one of the best kicks in the comp. We don't have anyone close to his pedigree.

Future 4th at most
At most. They should be paying the stupid contract they gave him too. 3 more years at an indexed $700k is a fair bit, whatever they say.

In saying that, I'd happily enough pay 59 for CD.
I'd happily pay 64 for Parker
& give Konstanty a good warm home.
Houston is tricky, I'd do the swap if he came out and said to the world, I want to play for North. Until such time, I'd hang up Davies' calls, uck those peasants.

2,22,40 should be off the table for any trade.

Bring in experience at the right cost and develop from within.

Houston won’t be the fix some people think he will be and the cost is too high.

If we are going to throw around what will be a premium pick try and shake loose someone like a Cadman.

As good as Houston is, he’s a half back flanker a position we should be able to develop or fill if we are a serious footy club.

If we need to overpay for that role we are kidding ourselves.
We aren't a serious footy club though, that's the trouble. We've neglected the half-back position, where basically every other team has had a nailed-on B+ or better player for the last five years. The same goes for small forwards, which in spite of my defences of him, lies squarely with Rawling and co. And now we're playing catch-up in both positions.

Some would say, given that we've been a complete non-entity for the last five years anyway, we should just remain in hibernation until the trends change and then unveil our new-look forward line of fifteen 189cm aerial supremacists and requisite new-look backline of Tom Powell, Zac Fisher, Miller Bergman, and the ghost of Christmas past

At most. They should be paying the stupid contract they gave him too. 3 more years at an indexed $700k is a fair bit, whatever they say.

In saying that, I'd happily enough pay 59 for CD.
I'd happily pay 64 for Parker
& give Konstanty a good warm home.
Houston is tricky, I'd do the swap if he came out and said to the world, I want to play for North. Until such time, I'd hang up Davies' calls, uck those peasants.

2,22,40 should be off the table for any trade.
What do we use for Darling?

Holy shit, trade radio trying to turn us getting Darling and Parker into a negative, because the players aren't staying one clubbers.
Right on cue, expected this from them, you think that's negative, if we land Dan, the sh*t will hit the fan, the negative comments will be world record worthy.

If Daniels names North as his go to club then l cant see us continuing to look at getting Houston..
I can, experience! I know what other posters have said but if we can get him as well as Dan then that changes everything, I still rate Caleb and he's cool under pressure, will help our backline more than you think.

Conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the club is prepared to move the F1 because there is a fair chance LDU may trigger band 1 compo and therefore entering us into the 2025 draft again…?
Firebat, LDU wont trigger diddley, because he's not going anywhere!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back