List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about this. In a universe where JHF isn't a pissy little campaigner who can't handle losing, we win at least 5 games last year. Bloke is an out and out matchwinner. Following on from that, we don't get Reid

Maybe, maybe not. We still could’ve potentially had that midfield.

Either way, as much as it pains me to say a JHF type is exactly what we need right now.

IMO, no.
Goad and Dawson, especially Goad, are very raw and 200cm+ players will take this year and possibly next year to be 'ready' for seniors and same with Hardeman.
Coaches need to insure what Dawson is being developed as too because what made him desirable was his abilities as a KPD that could pinch hit a leading forward.
Hardeman needs to put a bit more size and l'm surprised he didn't many more look ins this year.
Not so much about the personnel I was getting at, more so not holding them into this years draft, considering the ladder position and types available.

And yes I know people will be ready to jump with the hindsight call after reading that, but I’m just saying, if you could hold onto it for this year, instead of last year, would you?

And I 100 percent agree with you regarding Hardeman

Not sure about this. In a universe where JHF isn't a pissy little campaigner who can't handle losing, we win at least 5 games last year. Bloke is an out and out matchwinner. Following on from that, we don't get Reid

Add a focused Thomas to that.

But, it’s all water under the bridge now. Moping about what might have been won’t change anything.

Mate, Goad is light years off senior football, if ever.

Wonder if pick 20 would have gotten Chol over the line? Did we ask? Did we really try to move back into the 1st? You know, an offer a team couldn't refuse...

I'm not paid as a list manager, so it really doesn't matter; Brady is, and he still hasn't put together a competitive team in 5 years.
5 ****ing years!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
GC traded Chol + 62 to Hawthorn for future 2nd tied to Brisbane this year plus Chol nominated the Hawks...and you wanted to use pick 20 in the 2023 year? We had 5x 1st's and we're putting the blower on a 18yo ruck with upside that every supporter knows will take time when we picked him...maybe not a light year but will take time.

Time to go dumpster diving
We need leaders , skilled ,hard , fast , competitive footballers
Get a few of the below and none of them should cost us a pick inside 30

2MP *

Derksen , Cummings gws

McRae , Clarke , A.Jones, Garcia dogs

Brodie freo

Allison , Paton stk

Burgess , gollant ,Schoenberg crows

Lyons ,answerth bris

Morrison , Ramsden, Mitchell

Wicks , Parker swans

Mcentee, mead portaloo

Kolo, bews cats

Davies, budarick, farrar GC

Binns , lemmy, young , durdin x 2 bluws

Johnson ,Richards, McInnes pies

Dow, tigers

Petrucelle wce

Bolded are good/meh. Unbolded are poo, do not want.

The usual, getting games and experience into our youngsters and learning things when they get sent back to the reserves. As for the older players, they are sick of losing and anyone that has played footy cannot in all seriousness say that they are comfortable with what's happening at the moment.

I'm very uncomfortable with it. I feel truly lost when trying to understand how & why we are so far off every other team for skills, fitness and game plan.

I just don't get how there can be such a large variance in the way clubs train skills and fitness. It's a relatively small, incestuous industry and somehow we do perform like Liaeweenee U8's

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we please stop drafting kids with 2-5 years worth if development. It's killing us!
Get some mature agers in otherwise we'll keep getting smashed by 50 every week.
Every kid that's drafted needs two or three years of development just to be fit enough to play properly. Some kids can play from the start but they still need two or three years of development to be fit and experienced enough to begin to play at their best. This applies to players like Sheezel as well.

Just hope the AFL give Tasmania so much they never have a run like our last 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Because we need a defensive minded midfielder and Shiels is done and not up to it and I don't think they really want to run a dedicated tagger or probably want someone better than Phillips.

Viney would be #1 for pressure at North and #1 for tackles from our mids, he also gets it 21 times a game with 4.5 clearances thrown in. He's also kicked as many goals as Simpkin and Powell this year, despite Jy playing a hell of a lot forward.

He has limitations around disposal etc, but his defensive side is what he's being recruited for.

Particularly with Simpkin at the bottom of this list for both pressure and tackles.

Throw in his leadership, training standards etc. It's a no brainer if it's a cheap deal.

He's basically going to play the Rowbottom role in our midfield.

View attachment 2078820
If Viney comes in then Simpkin should be moved on at a minimum. :stern look

This info has to be coming strait from Petraccas inner circle.

I haven’t even watched it but ‘the truth is he wants to go. What I don’t know… will if it will lead to a trade request’

What the hell does that even mean? Sounds like he is covering himself again, just like he did last week.

Add a focused Thomas to that.

But, it’s all water under the bridge now. Moping about what might have been won’t change anything.

The two of them together at our club might also mean we finish last in each of the 2 years...

I reckon you can pretty much write in stone:

thou shall not build from the midfield only

No club will ever follow our example again. There’s a very logical reason for it too. There are a shitload more good short players than tall ones.

Lol that's called jumping the gun, every flag team has a top midfield first and foremost.

Our 90s team were full of players who ended up playing around 300 if not much more games.

Our mode of rebuild is absolutely the right move, we are just in the first full year under clarkson. I mean who do you people here expect we achieve this year?

Every kid that's drafted needs two or three years of development just to be fit enough to play properly. Some kids can play from the start but they still need two or three years of development to be fit and experienced enough to begin to play at their best. This applies to players like Sheezel as well.
The problem is that we've got too many and are now just getting steamrolled on field.
Get some state league mature agers who can at least somewhat compete physically with the current afl players.

Lol that's called jumping the gun, every flag team has a top midfield first and foremost.

Our 90s team were full of players who ended up playing around 300 if not much more games.

Our mode of rebuild is absolutely the right move, we are just in the first full year under clarkson. I mean who do you people here expect we achieve this year?
Only is the key word mate. Only.

We are now up shit creek without a paddle. We completely neglected talls for like 6 years. It will take that long to fix, by which time 3/4 of the squad won’t even be on the list. We ****ed up.

Only is the key word mate. Only.

We are now up shit creek without a paddle. We completely neglected talls for like 6 years. It will take that long to fix, by which time 3/4 of the squad won’t even be on the list. We ****ed up.

Lol, sure mate, sure.

Plenty of panick bottom clicking today that's comical.

Put 50 games into the current then let's talk.

Might get a few midseason drafts that could play key forwards.

We did not get sufficient value for JHF.
Yes correct
He was a cancer mate and poort knew that we weren’t keeping him.
If we had refused to trade him - we would of lost other player , then lost Judas the following year when he was out of contract

Lol, sure mate, sure.

Plenty of panick bottom clicking today that's comical.

Put 50 games into the current then let's talk.

Might get a few midseason drafts that could play key forwards.
Which talls on the list are you backing in? Which of the the guys picked in the last six years do reckon will be part of our next challenge?

Mid season draft is literally the worst place to be relying on for KPP’s.

The hit rate is like 1/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back