List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the academy handouts the Movie World plastic franchise has got the past few years surely there’s a couple of decent footballers that will be squeezed out who need more opportunities that won’t cost a lot?..

With all the academy handouts the Movie World plastic franchise has got the past few years surely there’s a couple of decent footballers that will be squeezed out who need more opportunities that won’t cost a lot?..
The good ones are already Geelong bound, they take them down the surf coast during summer and pretend the water is just as warm all year round.

Dawson and Hardeman have both shown glimpses they have a future, the Unicorn however..
Yep, what a waste of pick 20.

Goad is light years from playing AFL, if ever. Another Rawling master-stroke blowing a top pick on a player that needs 5 years of development...

We are simply not in position to draft the Goads of the footy world.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, what a waste of pick 20.

Goad is light years from playing AFL, if ever. Another Rawling master-stroke blowing a top pick on a player that needs 5 years of development...

We are simply not in position to draft the Goads of the footy world.

So who would you have3 pick in last years draft with our pick 20.

So uhh, did we jump the gun with using those picks on Goad, Hardeman and Dawson last year?
IMO, no.
Goad and Dawson, especially Goad, are very raw and 200cm+ players will take this year and possibly next year to be 'ready' for seniors and same with Hardeman.
Coaches need to insure what Dawson is being developed as too because what made him desirable was his abilities as a KPD that could pinch hit a leading forward.
Hardeman needs to put a bit more size and l'm surprised he didn't many more look ins this year.

We have invested a lot into our midfield and it’s still ****ing puss!

Doesn’t help with Thomas and Phillips being busts 😡

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Wardlaw and Sheez.

Let’s hope like hell Colby and Duursma make the big jump next year in there..

Covid destroyed that draft for most clubs.
Thomas hurts oh so much. Logue injury. JHF

Our midfield should be Thomas, LDU , JHF. Sheezel.

IMO, no.
Goad and Dawson, especially Goad, are very raw and 200cm+ players will take this year and possibly next year to be 'ready' for seniors and same with Hardeman.
Coaches need to insure what Dawson is being developed as too because what made him desirable was his abilities as a KPD that could pinch hit a leading forward.
Hardeman needs to put a bit more size and l'm surprised he didn't many more look ins this year.
I'm really not sure on Goad. HMac was similar, but Goad seems to actively avoid where the ball is. I'd bet money on him being a bust. Would've been nice if the Saints didn't pick Wilson, huh. He'd be a premium upgrade on Stephens

The caveat of having to trade or risk losing them was classic AFL ****ing us royally.

Packaging them up for the likes of an uncontracted Stephens though was so stupid.

We are our own worst enemies.
It wasn't actually that bad.

We got Stephens and pick 25 for pick 44 and what will be at least pick 22 this year based on bids etc. (Ie pick 19 after Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako. It could be later.) It might end up that we moved back one pick to bring it forward one year and got Stephens for pick 44. Which is probably about right as far as what he's worth.

To put it in perspective we gave our end of first round pick from last year to Carlton and it ended up being pick 29.

If something similar happens this year we would have ended up trading picks 25-29 and 44 for Stephens and 25 last year.

We're trying, think we will be getting a couple of players with experience and leadership, lets see what the cards unfold.
Personally all for getting Viney and/or Parker into the club. In fact I raised Viney on this board a few months ago before it hit the media. Now as far as the draft goes, vast majority say take best available with first pick which is typically a midfielder. But what are your thoughts on taking Armstrong with our first pick, and trading our second rounder for Viney. I'd imagine that should get it done. Or do you think splitting our pick into a later top 10 and 2 second rounders could be an option. Take Armstrong and trade on those picks for Viney and Parker. Thoughts?

So who would you have3 pick in last years draft with our pick 20.
Who gives a **** who I would have picked?

Project players should be picked up late in the draft, msd, rookie etc

We don't have the luxury to be picking players that are 5 years off playing senior football with pick 20 mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally all for getting Viney and/or Parker into the club. In fact I raised Viney on this board a few months ago before it hit the media. Now as far as the draft goes, vast majority say take best available with first pick which is typically a midfielder. But what are your thoughts on taking Armstrong with our first pick, and trading our second rounder for Viney. I'd imagine that should get it done. Or do you think splitting our pick into a later top 10 and 2 second rounders could be an option. Take Armstrong and trade on those picks for Viney and Parker. Thoughts?
That's a tough choice!! KPF and two 30 yo's for 2x 2nd rounders?
I hate Jack Viney so l'd take Parker with a future 2nd....we want to keep our picks for this draft l feel.

Can we please stop drafting kids with 2-5 years worth if development. It's killing us!
Get some mature agers in otherwise we'll keep getting smashed by 50 every week.

Lets not overreact on the bad result.
Young side late in year and seemed mentally out of it after Chom went down early.

Situation would have been the same wether we won or lost. We need an experienced mid to help guide through players like George, Phillips if still here, Kerch, Powell and to an extent even LDU.

Jy you would hope would be that player but he isnt.

Our lists improvement wont come from picking up older bodies to be consistent active players on our list. Our improvement will come from getting games into a majority of our list who have played less then 50 games with guidence for experienced campaigners

Goad was always a 3-5 year project, Duurs was also a 2-4 year player, Dawson playing any game this year was a surprise.
To shock some of the people here. When we draft another key forward their consistent contribution will be in year 3-5. Look at our oppents. JUH 2020, Darcey 2021, Tithopre 2020, Cadman 2022 rare they come in earlier

Personally all for getting Viney and/or Parker into the club. In fact I raised Viney on this board a few months ago before it hit the media. Now as far as the draft goes, vast majority say take best available with first pick which is typically a midfielder. But what are your thoughts on taking Armstrong with or first pick, and trading our second rounder for Viney. I'd imagine that should get it done. Thoughts?
First off, I've said before that we can't really lose this draft year, if we go a gun mid to finish our midfield off, we will be going a key forward with our second round pick. The thought of Finn, Josh, Sid or Sam joining our midfield would be fantastic, but the thought of Harry Armstrong coming to our club would be something else in my opinion, so that's a yes from me.

Trading our second rounder for Jack which will be pick 22, now that will go out because of father/sons and academy selections but the value will still be the same as the same players will still be available, I would have said a late second rounder gets it done but sometimes teams in our position have to pay overs for players to come to us so if all other avenues fail, we do it, then on to the next project.

Who gives a **** who I would have picked?

Project players should be picked up late in the draft, msd, rookie etc

We don't have the luxury to be picking players that are 5 years off playing senior football with pick 20 mate.

So if we didn't pick Goad, we should've picked Charlie Edwards?

Problem l see is that there is this expectation that these big blokes should come in, in there first year, and somehow show cement a place in the 24?
Connor O'Sullivan 1 game.
Croft - 0 games
Green - 0 games
McCabe - 0 games

All drafted higher and aside from O'Sull, hasn't played a game.

So if we didn't pick Goad, we should've picked Charlie Edwards?

Problem l see is that there is this expectation that these big blokes should come in, in there first year, and somehow show cement a place in the 24?
Connor O'Sullivan 1 game.
Croft - 0 games
Green - 0 games
McCabe - 0 games

All drafted higher and aside from O'Sull, hasn't played a game.
Mate, Goad is light years off senior football, if ever.

Wonder if pick 20 would have gotten Chol over the line? Did we ask? Did we really try to move back into the 1st? You know, an offer a team couldn't refuse...

I'm not paid as a list manager, so it really doesn't matter; Brady is, and he still hasn't put together a competitive team in 5 years.
5 ****ing years!

Covid destroyed that draft for most clubs.
Thomas hurts oh so much. Logue injury. JHF

Our midfield should be Thomas, LDU , JHF. Sheezel.
Our midfield should be: Thomas, LDU, JHF, Reid & Sheezel.

The JHF situation royally ****ed us more than we’d like to admit.

But so did winning the GC game last year.

Once again, own worst enemies.

Snoz has movement in his undies..

View attachment 2083871

Another Dylan Stephens type who is a good athlete, soft as all **** but Tsatas is an even worse kick. There is a reason why Essendon want to move him on even though he suits their soft front running game style to a tee.

Our midfield should be: Thomas, LDU, JHF, Reid & Sheezel.

The JHF situation royally ****ed us more than we’d like to admit.

But so did winning the GC game last year.

Once again, own worst enemies.

Another Dylan Stephens type who is a good athlete, soft as all **** but Tsatas is an even worse kick. There is a reason why Essendon want to move him on even though he suits their soft front running game style to a tee.
Not sure about this. In a universe where JHF isn't a pissy little campaigner who can't handle losing, we win at least 5 games last year. Bloke is an out and out matchwinner. Following on from that, we don't get Reid

First off, I've said before that we can't really lose this draft year, if we go a gun mid to finish our midfield off, we will be going a key forward with our second round pick. The thought of Finn, Josh, Sid or Sam joining our midfield would be fantastic, but the thought of Harry Armstrong coming to our club would be something else in my opinion, so that's a yes from me.

Trading our second rounder for Jack which will be pick 22, now that will go out because of father/sons and academy selections but the value will still be the same as the same players will still be available, I would have said a late second rounder gets it done but sometimes teams in our position have to pay overs for players to come to us so if all other avenues fail, we do it, then on to the next project.

It will go out but it's still pick 22 in the open pool. By itself it is too much for Viney.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time to go dumpster diving
We need leaders , skilled ,hard , fast , competitive footballers
Get a few of the below and none of them should cost us a pick inside 30

2MP *

Derksen , Cummings gws

McRae , Clarke , A.Jones, Garcia dogs

Brodie freo

Allison , Paton stk

Burgess , gollant ,Schoenberg crows

Lyons ,answerth bris

Morrison , Ramsden, Mitchell

Wicks , Parker swans

Mcentee, mead portaloo

Kolo, bews cats

Davies, budarick, farrar GC

Binns , lemmy, young , durdin x 2 bluws

Johnson ,Richards, McInnes pies

Dow, tigers

Petrucelle wce

Time to go dumpster diving
We need leaders , skilled ,hard , fast , competitive footballers
Get a few of the below and none of them should cost us a pick inside 30

2MP *

Derksen , Cummings gws

McRae , Clarke , A.Jones, Garcia dogs

Brodie freo

Allison , Paton stk

Burgess , gollant ,Schoenberg crows

Lyons ,answerth bris

Morrison , Ramsden, Mitchell

Wicks , Parker swans

Mcentee, mead portaloo

Kolo, bews cats

Davies, budarick, farrar GC

Binns , lemmy, young , durdin x 2 bluws

Johnson ,Richards, McInnes pies

Dow, tigers

Petrucelle wce

Fair few potato’s on this list shinboner magic….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back