List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s old mate on here that reckons we shouldn’t get him? Gets in space, never wastes disposals, great character, wouldn’t cost us as much as others. Would be perfect

Anybody who questioned names like Macrae, Parker and Viney should be forced to watch today’s game on repeat.

So uhh, did we jump the gun with using those picks on Goad, Hardeman and Dawson last year?

The caveat of having to trade or risk losing them was classic AFL ****ing us royally.

Packaging them up for the likes of an uncontracted Stephens though was so stupid.

We are our own worst enemies.

We really need to give up some decent draft capital up and bring in some proper leadership if it's available. No point having young talent if all the know is losing. Even taking into account Tassie coming in.
We're trying, think we will be getting a couple of players with experience and leadership, lets see what the cards unfold.

We're trying, think we will be getting a couple of players with experience and leadership, lets see what the cards unfold.
Yep we are trying Scout Its like every year we try sometimes you get lucky other times you don't. Its not like we just sit back and not bother about looking for other players to bring in As supporters we may not even hear about some of the names we looked into. You have been very confident for quite some time we will go alright this trade period there is no reason for us to doubt you. Good work as always Scout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No campaigner wants to play for the worst club of the last five years
Yeah nah, have to disagree with that, good youngsters have the mindset that they can help, a positive mind and if you get a few can slowly change a struggling club, other things are added to this of course like class but you get the general idea. Players might not want to leave their state, players might want to get drafted by the team they have supported all their life, but very few players care about going to "the worst club in five years", all they care about is getting drafted, trust me that is their first priority and then at some stage playing seniors and doing their best to help the club that showed faith in drafting them.

Yeah nah, have to disagree with that, good youngsters have the mindset that they can help, a positive mind and if you get a few can slowly change a struggling club, other things are added to this of course like class but you get the general idea. Players might not want to leave their state, players might want to get drafted by the team they have supported all their life, but very few players care about going to "the worst club in five years", all they care about is getting drafted, trust me that is their first priority and then at some stage playing seniors and doing their best to help the club that showed faith in drafting them.

I meant FA's or tradeable A graders, if they're happy to leave their club they aren't picking us currently.

We have invested a lot into our midfield and it’s still ****ing puss!

Doesn’t help with Thomas and Phillips being busts 😡

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Wardlaw and Sheez.

Let’s hope like hell Colby and Duursma make the big jump next year in there..

One wonders if signing so many (not counting Harry) to long term deals means a lot of these guys are a bit more comfortable with their mediocrity knowing no matter what happens they are safe
I don't know about that. I understand where your coming from but with the players that are currently at our club after what we have gone through, I'm pretty certain they are striving to get the best out of themselves and want to win more games, people have to understand the words patience & timing.

I think we should include Harry, after his first year he could have "coasted" but youngsters today want to play in a premiership, that's the dream, so what did he do, got better, trained harder learning and adapting, now some might say there are not many Harry Sheezel's running around but all our youngsters are doing this, its called development and already its happening before our eyes , its just that we are an impatience lot, we want wins, sometimes these things can't be rushed.

The usual, getting games and experience into our youngsters and learning things when they get sent back to the reserves. As for the older players, they are sick of losing and anyone that has played footy cannot in all seriousness say that they are comfortable with what's happening at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back