List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd keeping tabs on Konstanty if we miss out on Berry or if Hansen, Dury or Harvey doesn't turn out - River Stevens may come in as that small forward as well but he's like the above to me, not top line and only his inner drive will see if he breaks in or not.

I too wanted Watson and saw Duursma as great nice to have and insurance for Zurhaar but we have a lot of MedFwd's. However, once we picked him then he should be the one to come out of him v Ford v Stephenson as the starting HF role in time because he should be as he is clearly more talented.

I dont think he will end up there but probably in the midfield or something, like some high impact mid.

He is 190cm and hence more developed will be a big bodied mid.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard we have spoken to Jay Dahlhaus from Werribee. Potential mature age rookie small forward. Has kicked 26 goals for Werribee so far this year. Avg 12 disposals and 3 tackles per game.
Looks like the boy ate the last small forward?

1721683269989.jpeg

I'd keeping tabs on Konstanty if we miss out on Berry or if Hansen, Dury or Harvey doesn't turn out - River Stevens may come in as that small forward as well but he's like the above to me, not top line and only his inner drive will see if he breaks in or not.

I too wanted Watson and saw Duursma as great nice to have and insurance for Zurhaar but we have a lot of MedFwd's. However, once we picked him then he should be the one to come out of him v Ford v Stephenson as the starting HF role in time because he should be as he is clearly more talented.

Duursma wasn’t insurance for Zurhaar, he was insurance for Tarryn Thomas. They paid out almost immediately.

There is no requirement for all development of a player to happen at AFL level.

In fact the stronger the team the less the need to push kids into the level until they are ready

Zane had a run at the start of the year got his taste and has stuff to work on. He had 10 games where return was diminishing towards the end of that run. Playing his first 10 games in a highly dysfunctional forward line where delivery was messy and every score hard fought.

His second crack at seniors is going to be better than his first.

Hardwick, Morrison, Lewis and Jiath too. Plus Scrimshaw and D'Ambrosio were great bits of trading
Someone said Dylan Moore was 67. Worpel was 45 I see. Wasn't Sicily a late pick? And they got that Newcombe bloke in the MSD. Is Nash a Cat B rookie?
Yeah but aside from those 10 examples, can you name any others...?

I’d move ford to the wing where he played very well last year and drop Stephens

Stephens will improve as he gets more exposure. His left boot is pretty elite and one of our best options into the F50. He does get a little tangled up at times and goes around in circles then gets caught, which is down to his decision making or lack of

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stephens will improve as he gets more exposure. His left boot is pretty elite and one of our best options into the F50. He does get a little tangled up at times and goes around in circles then gets caught, which is down to his decision making or lack of

I agree. Improvement will also see Dylan not kicking long to a contest into the corridor from a back pocket.

He's definitely improved from earlier in the season and is becoming a more rounded player. You're correct his left boot is elite I think it's his decision making that is the causing most of his problems.

There was a moment in the 3rd quarter where he took a mark on the defensive 50 near the boundary line. He had a player free for a short kick on the wing and another player free further afield at our 50 meter line near the boundary line. He waited and waited and waited and eventually took the longer option however by this time the player was manned up, the mark was spoiled and they rebound. So frustrating.

Hardwick, Morrison, Lewis and Jiath too. Plus Scrimshaw and D'Ambrosio were great bits of trading.
Hardwick - Clarkson/Wright pick 44 2015
Morrison - Clarkson/Wright pick 74 2016.
M.Lewis - Clarkson/Wright pick 76 2016.
C.Jiath - Clarkson/Wright pick Cat B Rookie 2017
Scrimshaw - Clarkson/Wright 2018 trade.
D'Ambrosio - Mitchell/McKenzie 2023 trade.

Point l'm making is the Clarkson/Wright combo still has their fingerprints all over this Hawthorn rebuild and that should not be overlooked when comparing it to our rebuild..what was it, 5 different voices over that period?

I’d move ford to the wing where he played very well last year and drop Stephens
I almost got the calendar out to mark of the weeks until he's gone, but Stephens stepped it up on the weekend. Little chance he's getting dropped. Scott played one of his best games ever, so id think the wings are locked down for the next few weeks at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back