List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm less and less of this belief. We definitely need to keep Will Phil for when we get injuries, but I think the midfield is going great guns
I'd take one at the right price but agree, not at the expense of another top of first round selection. FA or a trade for a player <26 or under yep, not too many clubs throwing them away though.

I agree with you to an extent, but who comes out of the midfield for McKerch?

LDU
George
Harry
Simpkin
Powell

I think McKerch will be quite happy sitting off halfback / wing for another year while we are pushing for finals?
Powell is definitely the most vulnerable.

The top 4 are locked. LDU, Wardlaw, Simpkin and Sheezel.

Sydney manage to mix it up with Rowbottom, Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Adams, McInerney, Papley. I reckon we could find some starting minutes for others.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sydney manage to mix it up with Rowbottom, Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Adams, McInerney, Papley. I reckon we could find some starting minutes for others.

Sheezel is probably the only player from our midfield who is dangerous when he goes forward (or back..) Simpkin was a liability at the start of the year when he was playing HFF.

Give McKercher the keys to a wing or leave him at HBF.

Sheezel is probably the only player from our midfield who is dangerous when he goes forward (or back..) Simpkin was a liability at the start of the year when he was playing HFF.

Nearly every one of those Sydney players are flexible. They swap between middle, wing and forward. Ours aren't apart from Harry.

McKercher will take some CBA's in time.

At the start of the year yes, but he played a couple of nice games forward as fwd/mid. His set shots had improved dramatically, though missed on he should've got on the weekend.

Nearly every one of those Sydney players are flexible. They swap between middle, wing and forward. Ours aren't apart from Harry.

McKercher will take some CBA's in time.

That’s what I’m saying. Sydney’s players are a lot different and versatile compared to our players. We’ve tried them all bar Wardlaw forward and they haven’t worked out/been great. Remember back when Noble was coaching and he was playing LDU forward? He couldn’t get a kick

That’s what I’m saying. Sydney’s players are a lot different and versatile compared to our players. We’ve tried them all bar Wardlaw forward and they haven’t worked out/been great. Remember back when Noble was coaching and he was playing LDU forward? He couldn’t get a kick
When you're the best performed team in the comp its a lot easier to get those sorts of players involved.

Simpkin has definitely improved in the half forward role, Powell has shown good goal sense and is one of the few that can snap goal from 40m. He really is a powerful kick. Sheezel obviously we all agree. Wardlaw is manic enough to be a small pressure forward at worst, although the bulk of his time should be mid and LDU is full time mid.

Lack of versatility is going to cost some players. Powell being the most likely in time. McKercher will get CBA's because he's so good he'll demand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm less and less of this belief. We definitely need to keep Will Phil for when we get injuries, but I think the midfield is going great guns

No doubt the midfield group has been good since the bye, I think they're growing into something special.

But, my fear is if LDU goes down for a period then we are left with a really young group to carry the load.
Also, i don't want LDU one out guiding and teaching the mids, I know we have Simpkin but i see his role as a high half forward from 2025 and beyond.

Someone to fill the Shiels on and offfield leadership role for players like Colby, Harry, George, Powell, Phillips and new young mids coming in will be very beneficial.

Simpkin was a liability at the start of the year full stop. His brain was leaking out of his ears. Not really fair to say he's incapable of playing that role when he's done it pretty well in the past and a couple of times this year.

Lack of versatility is going to cost some players. Powell being the most likely in time. McKercher will get CBA's because he's so good he'll demand it.

Yeah as i just posted in the Powell thread. Id like to see him used on the wing or half back if he's to be squeezed out of the main mid rotation. At Half back he creates play and one of a few you'd trust to hit corridor targets. Wing we get a bit of that, but also more i50s from him. He's got weapons and we need to figure out how to use them best within the team mix.

Another couple of little whispers I've heard:

- we have been in contact with Jaxon Binns management. His VFL form has been ridiculous as an outside accumulating runner. Has 1 year to run on his current deal with Carlton but is stuck behind Walsh/Hollands/Acres as a wing option.

- we have been keeping an eye on a few fringe GC players. Have had scouts spotted at a few GC VFL games in recent months. Not entirely sure who they are, but I'd assume we'd be looking at fringe players like of Davies, Graham, Budarick Lemmens, Jeffrey, Rosas Jnr, or maybe even Jy Farrar.

If I'm remembering correctly LDU played forward occasionally very early on and was okay, I do remember him dropping Mark of the Year one game at Marvel. I think the Noble experiment was doomed for failure because he was starting forward and his confidence was at an all time low. As our midfield builds I'd be keen to see if we can rest him forward for short periods, if he could add that to his game look out.

I heard from a good thourthe that our thinking is we need 7-8 top line mids (more accurately 7-8 guys who can play top end mid time if required) to really go forward.

No doubt the midfield group has been good since the bye, I think they're growing into something special.

But, my fear is if LDU goes down for a period then we are left with a really young group to carry the load.
Also, i don't want LDU one out guiding and teaching the mids, I know we have Simpkin but i see his role as a high half forward from 2025 and beyond.

Someone to fill the Shiels on and offfield leadership role for players like Colby, Harry, George, Powell, Phillips and new young mids coming in will be very beneficial.

Yeah I know what you mean and I'm not standing 100 per cent against it.

Tbh, would have to hear who it is and the terms of the deal etc

- we have been in contact with Jaxon Binns management. His VFL form has been ridiculous as an outside accumulating runner. Has 1 year to run on his current deal with Carlton but is stuck behind Walsh/Hollands/Acres as a wing option.

- we have been keeping an eye on a few fringe GC players. Have had scouts spotted at a few GC VFL games in recent months. Not entirely sure who they are, but I'd assume we'd be looking at fringe players like of Davies, Graham, Budarick Lemmens, Jeffrey, Rosas Jnr, or maybe even Jy Farrar.
Really liked Jaxon Binns in his draft year, would be very happy if we were to trade for him.

I have no idea of who any of those Gold Coast fringe players are. 😂

Love Binns, genuine gut runner and not a cat, bit of B Scott about his disposal though. Perfect target though, not someone who has tried and failed, but someone who is behind quality talent and others who have had more invested into them.

You’d think we’d be looking at Budarick as a small defender of that lot. (Obviously Rosas but he’s going nowhere, best small forward on their list)

I agree with what you're saying regarding bringing in a B Grade mid, however the statement regarding McKercher leaving because we don't play him as a mid next year is simply ludicrous.

I am exaggerating the paper stamping, but we would make it a lot easier for Tasmania to lure him back if we aren't winning and aren't playing him in the role he wants to play. We can't even convince Zurhaar to re-sign and he basically has a banana lounge out there in the forward pocket.

Didn't JHF allegedly request a trade after Clarkson aired playing him down back for 2 years?

Love Binns, genuine gut runner and not a cat, bit of B Scott about his disposal though. Perfect target though, not someone who has tried and failed, but someone who is behind quality talent and others who have had more invested into them.

You’d think we’d be looking at Budarick as a small defender of that lot. (Obviously Rosas but he’s going nowhere, best small forward on their list)
Yeah Binns was a bit of a ball butcher in that champs game but can run all day for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back