List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another couple of little whispers I've heard:

- we have been in contact with Jaxon Binns management. His VFL form has been ridiculous as an outside accumulating runner. Has 1 year to run on his current deal with Carlton but is stuck behind Walsh/Hollands/Acres as a wing option.

- we have been keeping an eye on a few fringe GC players. Have had scouts spotted at a few GC VFL games in recent months. Not entirely sure who they are, but I'd assume we'd be looking at fringe players like of Davies, Graham, Budarick Lemmens, Jeffrey, Rosas Jnr, or maybe even Jy Farrar.
just watched a video of his game against the Pies and noticed he got by himself a lot during the game . No doubt in the seniors this wont happen so l would be interested to see how he performs in pressure situations. At 183cm he's not what l would call on the tall side and we do have a few mids around that size. Phillips 181, Lazarro 180, Wardlaw 182, Simpkin 183 and Powell 184. While some may be delisted at seasons end do we really want to got down the same path of recruiting another 180+ midfielder or do we start to look at midfielders around the 188+ mark.

BTW l wont be dissapointed if we got him...

just watched a video of his game against the Pies and noticed he got by himself a lot during the game . No doubt in the seniors this wont happen so l would be interested to see how he performs in pressure situations. At 183cm he's not what l would call on the tall side and we do have a few mids around that size. Phillips 181, Lazarro 180, Wardlaw 182, Simpkin 183 and Powell 184. While some may be delisted at seasons end do we really want to got down the same path of recruiting another 180+ midfielder or do we start to look at midfielders around the 188+ mark.

Think he'd purely be recreuited for an outside wing role potentially in the event that we lose Scott to Free Agency.

Binns isn't going to be centre square mid at AFL level. I'd say it's running capacity that would be appealing to us. He covers the ground ridiculously well.

Think he'd purely be recreuited for an outside wing role potentially in the event that we lose Scott to Free Agency.

Binns isn't going to be centre square mid at AFL level. I'd say it's running capacity that would be appealing to us. He covers the ground ridiculously well.

Stephens and Binns would probably be two of best maybe 10 runners in the league, other limitations aside.

Really depends on the type of midfielder you are after because most inside/outside/centre bounce midfilders are around the 180-185/6 mark while the flavour is to find these 188+ midfielders..not many start off as pure centre bounce mids like LDU, Pendles, Newcombe etc.
Goater has the size, maybe the tank but would he be better as Wing/HB than HB/Mid rotation?
Duursma, Gippy Power tried to play him 70/80% mid and he went into a form slump until he went bak up forward where he's stocks rose again.
Unfortunately for us, that extra 190cm midfielder had his contract torn up this year, his loss is not truely reflected yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really depends on the type of midfielder you are after because most inside/outside/centre bounce midfilders are around the 180-185/6 mark while the flavour is to find these 188+ midfielders..not many start off as pure centre bounce mids like LDU, Pendles, Newcombe etc.
Goater has the size, maybe the tank but would he be better as Wing/HB than HB/Mid rotation?
Duursma, Gippy Power tried to play him 70/80% mid and he went into a form slump until he went bak up forward where he's stocks rose again.
Unfortunately for us, that extra 190cm midfielder had his contract torn up this year, his loss is not truely reflected yet.

Goater is your modern age rangey half back, with good leg speed, overhead marking and strong enough for contest.

Forget size altogether, if a player can play, he can play, if he's gettable then we will find out, unless the blues are asking for way overs, it will all play out at the end of the year.:)

Good times ahead, we probably need to address the wing with scott likely leaving.

Over the next 3 drafts, we need to start thinking about getting te right players for some of the positions.
So ChairmanZia you've now got Bailey walking out the door, tell me your reasoning for this.:think:

Someone posted that there was a rumour he toured GC facilities after the Swans game in Bailey's thread.
ChairmanZia has run with it as being a foregone conclusion that he is gone lol.
Footy2016 made mention that rumours were going around that he did, let me put it this way, I don't think Bailey is going anywhere and will sign the two year contract to take him to free agency. Everything's under control.;)

Someone posted that there was a rumour he toured GC facilities after the Swans game in Bailey's thread.
ChairmanZia has run with it as being a foregone conclusion that he is gone lol.

And has Bull leaving aswell as apparently no one re-signs this late in the season... despite Ainsworth re-signing a couple of days ago

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am surprised that they haven't finished higher than 13th with all their great drafting in the last 4 years.
Takes more than 4 years for good drafting to have an effect.
Our drafting only improved in 2021, and we've been anchored to the bottom of the ladder since. Might play finals in 2026 or 2027.

Another couple of little whispers I've heard:

- we have been in contact with Jaxon Binns management. His VFL form has been ridiculous as an outside accumulating runner. Has 1 year to run on his current deal with Carlton but is stuck behind Walsh/Hollands/Acres as a wing option.

- we have been keeping an eye on a few fringe GC players. Have had scouts spotted at a few GC VFL games in recent months. Not entirely sure who they are, but I'd assume we'd be looking at fringe players like of Davies, Graham, Budarick Lemmens, Jeffrey, Rosas Jnr, or maybe even Jy Farrar.

I must admit, I really like the Binns rumour.

It's interesting when possibly considering a few of the other rumors getting about surrounding Scott also.

I haven't been keeping an ultra close eye on him since his Stingrays/Caulfield days, however you can't help but see the stats and updates each week.

He's been dominant from pretty much day dot in the VFL, which is impressive given his game style and body size coming out of the u/18's.

It seems that Carlton fans don't think he's physically ready for AFL football, I don't think that marrys up with his VFL numbers. He's also never going to be an ultra contested wingman. It's never been his go.

One of my question marks was on his ball use in u/18's, but if his last few VFL highlights packages are anything to go by, he's improved that remarkably. His kicking in those clips are surgical. He's always been a goal kicker and he's a guy that would win our time trial on day 1 of pre-season.

Further, he's good mates with Drury and he's good mates with Clarko's son Matt (currently in Richmonds VFL side). There could be legs to this.

It's definitely a yes from me.

I know it's a pipe dream but let me dream... anyone have access to this mornings HS article on Houston

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back