List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and given we're struggling to find a spots for Laz, Taylor etc then taking one of those types is going to force and extra player out. You're getting awful close to delisting Phillips for this 'cover' player.
When have I said delist phillips after his current rise as a tagger?

When have I said delist phillips after his current rise as a tagger?
I didnt say that you said it, i said adding these list cloggers means we're closer to having to delist somebody like Phillips. As it is we're likely to delist Laz and Taylor to make room for draft picks.
Every list clogger we add we're have to make room for.

He's cooked. Offers little more than nothing on field.
Exactly.

Those people who are pushing for Darling to walk through our doors, next time they watch an Eagles game just listen for the bronx cheers when he takes a mark or actually halves a contest..

He's their version of Sleevo i.e. last week he played well, but across the whole season he's been a mile off it.

He's been an excellent servant for them through his 20's and will (hope for our sake) retire a one club player..

Indeed. Darling would have to come basically free trade wise. You're not trading for what he was.

He's has a couple of decent games, largely he's been putrid.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He's way past it - is only 191cm tall and he’s legs are gone. Can’t leap anymore or get separation.

The acurate one Spargo is what Mahoney would be in a good team

I do love a good rumour. The Trac for pick 2 is my second favourite so far. My favourite was pick 2 for Sam DeKoning and Geelongs 1st rounder.
Do ya best to sit through an episode of The Pissweek Tackle and let the squeakiest voice in showbiz - Jay Clark fill your boots..

He's way past it - is only 191cm tall and he’s legs are gone. Can’t leap anymore or get separation.

The acurate one Spargo is what Mahoney would be in a good team
No wonder they won a flag then- they had 2 Kosi's running around.

Let me preface this by saying I think (also hope) he will sign an extension but IF he were to request a trade, what would we realistically expect in return for LDU?

Would be be worth more on the open market right now than Sheez?

Will disappoint the shiny new toy lovers who have spent all picks in the draft.... trade is totally where we should be going to get that final lift out of the rebuild. Out of those it's really only Trac that is pipe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's just it. We're not at the trade for final pieces stage of the build. Two more drafts at a minimum is needed just to replace Teakle/Pink/Tucker/Stephens/Hansen Jnr from our side on the weekend in a few years time.
The cautionary tale is the Crows and Saints in thinking their list was ready to contend when it lacked talent.
If you can make some acquisitions like the Hawks (Scrimshaw etc.) that don't cost much draft capital and can give us 5-7 years then sure that would be great, but jury is out to whether we get any bites this year of players wanting to come to us.
Taking at least 3-4 picks to the draft in such a deep draft makes sense to me.
If next year's draft isn't as deep then you start looking at mature players end of 2025.

Let me preface this by saying I think (also hope) he will sign an extension but IF he were to request a trade, what would we realistically expect in return for LDU?

Blood and mass casualty events?

You're playing with fire here, my friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut up.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

If we beat WCE this weekend, l wonder how aggressive they will be under Clarke, to get more draft picks - do they still foolishly think they are in a refresh rather rebuild period?

Tigers look like banking on one or two of their stars to leave and getting extra picks in the 1st rounder either from Freo or GC...they could kickstart their rebuild by adding to 1,21,33,39 & 41

WCE really need to get a move on their rebuild and only having pick 3, 23 and 59. Barrass to the doggies, well the Dogs only have 32 & 44 so it would have to be FP1 and Garcia you would think, Swannies part with pick 18 & 19? If rumours are true on Ryan, they'd want a 1st rounder for him…would the scum part with pick 10 and leave Kako to the wolves? I think Harley Reid/go home factor is an issue that won't go away for them so he'll be interested in how the new management at WCE work this draft and this rebuild.

Then there's us, do we really need a topliner/best available midfielder that will likely spend 2025 playing a secondary role, pick Trainor to fill the KPD list hole or look to split P3 into a early 1st and mid-late 1st rounder or early first and multiple seconds? If it's true that either or both Broad and Hynes comes to the club, how much does that change our draft strategy again?

That's just it. We're not at the trade for final pieces stage of the build. Two more drafts at a minimum is needed just to replace Teakle/Pink/Tucker/Stephens/Hansen Jnr from our side on the weekend in a few years time.
The cautionary tale is the Crows and Saints in thinking their list was ready to contend when it lacked talent.
If you can make some acquisitions like the Hawks (Scrimshaw etc.) that don't cost much draft capital and can give us 5-7 years then sure that would be great, but jury is out to whether we get any bites this year of players wanting to come to us.
Taking at least 3-4 picks to the draft in such a deep draft makes sense to me.
If next year's draft isn't as deep then you start looking at mature players end of 2025.

Yeah we need to look at talent at clubs that are in or out of sides and guys playing seconds.
Would like guys that h ve shown ability at afl level.
GC and GWS are clubs that shed talented players pretty much every off season and cheaply

If we beat WCE this weekend, l wonder how aggressive they will be under Clarke, to get more draft picks - do they still foolishly think they are in a refresh rather rebuild period?

Tigers look like banking on one or two of their stars to leave and getting extra picks in the 1st rounder either from Freo or GC...they could kickstart their rebuild by adding to 1,21,33,39 & 41

WCE really need to get a move on their rebuild and only having pick 3, 23 and 59. Barrass to the doggies, well the Dogs only have 32 & 44 so it would have to be FP1 and Garcia you would think, Swannies part with pick 18 & 19? If rumours are true on Ryan, they'd want a 1st rounder for him…would the scum part with pick 10 and leave Kako to the wolves? I think Harley Reid/go home factor is an issue that won't go away for them so he'll be interested in how the new management at WCE work this draft and this rebuild.

Then there's us, do we really need a topliner/best available midfielder that will likely spend 2025 playing a secondary role, pick Trainor to fill the KPD list hole or look to split P3 into a early 1st and mid-late 1st rounder or early first and multiple seconds? If it's true that either or both Broad and Hynes comes to the club, how much does that change our draft strategy again?

No one is giving up a 1st for flyin' Ryan mate... a pick in the 20s maybe.

Agree on the mid, we need to secure our kpps of the future and get games into them

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back