List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two things I've heard on good authority:
  • wce first rounder on the table
  • for the first time ever north are an absolute fortress when it comes to drafting and trading. No one knows what our plans are.

• for the first time ever north are an absolute fortress when it comes to drafting and trading. No one knows what our plans are.
WCE 1st on the table for an established player (Bolton?) or are they wanting multiple 1sts?

That's just it. We're not at the trade for final pieces stage of the build. Two more drafts at a minimum is needed just to replace Teakle/Pink/Tucker/Stephens/Hansen Jnr from our side on the weekend in a few years time.
The cautionary tale is the Crows and Saints in thinking their list was ready to contend when it lacked talent.
If you can make some acquisitions like the Hawks (Scrimshaw etc.) that don't cost much draft capital and can give us 5-7 years then sure that would be great, but jury is out to whether we get any bites this year of players wanting to come to us.
Taking at least 3-4 picks to the draft in such a deep draft makes sense to me.
If next year's draft isn't as deep then you start looking at mature players end of 2025.

I'm not saying final pieces.... adding and tweaking pieces is going to be a constant over next 5 yrs. I'm saying we are at the stage to forgo draft this year to trade rather than draft.... that will improve us immensely and quicker... then we can dabble back to the draft. We will be still getting a top 10 pick next yr.... neither way is a dead set, Mel did it this way and they quickly improved. Ade tried to add a couple of mature/cream but still need a couple of elite kids...

Bottom line is we might not have the choice and the draft is the only option. But it's clear our first is being shopped so will see what if anything it lures in and go from there.... fort trade is before draft.... otherwise many would have spent before we get to trade

Also add that saints didn't have any early picks it when it went for it with Howard, Jones Hill Hannebury and Butler.... looking back which is always easy... hill really the only success in terms of consistent footy, but at a cost of what a mil a yr?

Crows did have a few good kids in with Rachelle soligo Fogarty Thilthorpe around the time they brought in Dawson and rankine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
You can imagine what they're going to ask for way overs i would reckon.
They will want a kings ransom to make up for blowing their draft capital in previous couple of years.
Freo have what would’ve been their pick 16 from 23 draft trade…..
Their first live pick is 36….which will be pushed back
Followed by 54
That’s it…..boy are they stuffed….and clubs know it…..they might play hardball with him if no one is willing to pay any outrageous demands they put fwd…this could get interesting….

Lukosious dropped
Go and get him

Is already half way out the door.

Doesn’t suit Dimma’s game style with the up and back small forwards.

He is a great kick and that alone, would be a big plus to solve our woeful inside 50 conversion rate…

Don’t know know where he would fit with Zurhaar, PC, Duursma, Larkey, but we know how much Clarko values good ball users and Lukosious would have to be in the top 10% in the AFL, even though he has had a poor year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed. Darling would have to come basically free trade wise. You're not trading for what he was.

He's has a couple of decent games, largely he's been putrid.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

3rd round...future 3rd round that is.

He is a great kick and that alone, would be a big plus to solve our woeful inside 50 conversion rate…

Don’t know know where he would fit with Zurhaar, PC, Duursma, Larkey, but we know how much Clarko values good ball users and Lukosious would have to be in the top 10% in the AFL, even though he has had a poor year.

He is not a genuine key forward, a bit of a flakey, tall rangey type. Reminds me of a ryan shoenmaker...who might very well be a very good addition to complement larkey duursma as a 3 prone attack with zurhaar playing the stewart dew role.

WC pick 3(atm) could be dangled in front of GC for picks 6 and 12 to get a pick in before the Lombard bid and gives the Eagles exactly what they need, multiple throws at the stumps not single pick 1,2 or 3s esp this year being so even and there next pick being in the mid 20s. I agree with Montagna that they haven't even hit rock bottom yet and it could get potentially real ugly when Tasmania comes in and takes everything, makes sense all round

Always confuses me but maybe it shouldn't... but the call was made he wanted to leave, why didn't he leave it at that rather than vehemently deny it and then for it apparently to be true again...

I’m not sure either but he’d be best 22 every week. Could play instead of Pink for a start and has flexibility to play in some different roles. Duursma also unlikely to play 22 games next year too

Lukosious dropped
Go and get him

Yep interesting call particularly back in the news again this week.. he will be an all depends on capital requested or if just want to mv on as doesn't suit Hardwick style... already gave 2 talls

I’m not sure either but he’d be best 22 every week. Could play instead of Pink for a start and has flexibility to play in some different roles. Duursma also unlikely to play 22 games next year too

Lukosious is 195cm and still only 23 years old.

For all of our faults as a team, ball use is still one of the main issues in preventing us from capitalising on a dominant midfield and also protecting an inexperienced defence from woeful turnovers.

We are last in the AFL in scores from turnovers and are also last for inside 50 efficiency, something Lukosious would immediately improve.

What would he cost? Future second?

They will want a kings ransom to make up for blowing their draft capital in previous couple of years.
Freo have what would’ve been their pick 16 from 23 draft trade…..
Their first live pick is 36….which will be pushed back
Followed by 54
That’s it…..boy are they stuffed….and clubs know it…..they might play hardball with him if no one is willing to pay any outrageous demands they put fwd…this could get interesting….

Imagine if there was two of them wanting out....

For all of our faults as a team, ball use is still one of the main issues in preventing us from capitalising on a dominant midfield and also protecting an inexperienced defence from woeful turnovers.

We are last in the AFL in scores from turnovers and are also last for inside 50 efficiency, something Lukosious would immediately improve.

That you would snap up... but some clubs go the old, he was a pick 2 route

And he begins with a J

Last edited:

GC would surely want more than that. Around pick 15 or two seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back