List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge risk, but pick 2 for Trac would be a big step forward for us and one we should definitely take if possible.

We are in desperate need of leadership and he would absolutely set the professional standards we lack.

Put simply, we likely don't lose against Collingwood, Melbourne and WC if Trac is on our list this year. He's the kind of player that would drag us over the line, or even better, help us put away teams earlier in games.

You're absolutely taking the piss if you think we wouldn't jump at the chance to bring Trac to the club. Clarko said he wants to play finals next year, this is how. He fast tracks the rebuild, brings professionalism, can play outside the centre square, wins games off his own back. Hell, give him the captaincy until Sheez is ready. A midfield of Sheez, Wardlaw, LDU, Petracca and Xerri is insanity.

I wouldn’t be trading any first rounds for him so that’s why I’m not phased by this.
But what does it mean by
‘While injury takes toll’?
Every time he has side effects to treatment or rehab, is he threatening to leave Melbourne or something?
Yep no chance im giving up FOS or Draper for him.
For Simpkin and McDonald, done.

Yep no chance im giving up FOS or Draper for him.
For Simpkin and McDonald, done.
Every club in the AFL would give up pretty much anything required for Petracca as well as Bont, Heeney, Neale, just to name guys at a similar age/level. The draftees are still big question marks, Simpkin and Jmac are worth basically nothing in comparison.

Every club in the AFL would give up pretty much anything required for Petracca as well as Bont, Heeney, Neale, just to name guys at a similar age/level. The draftees are still big question marks, Simpkin and Jmac are worth basically nothing in comparison.
Good for them, but i stand by what i said. We have half our squad 22 and under, stupid to give up FOS or Draper for a 30 year old coming back from car accident level injuries. Btw i meant Lmac, obviously you got that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough and yeah I meant LMac. My opinion is that Petracca’s injury is less of worry simply because it’s not really a footy injury. Unlike a knee, foot, calf, hamstring, groin etc. What if he plays until he’s 35? Wouldn’t that be perfect for us ? The whole team coming together from 2026 when he’s 31/32/33.

Fair enough and yeah I meant LMac. My opinion is that Petracca’s injury is less of worry simply because it’s not really a footy injury. Unlike a knee, foot, calf, hamstring, groin etc. What if he plays until he’s 35? Wouldn’t that be perfect for us ? The whole team coming together from 2026 when he’s 31/32/33.
The only real way id be moving heavy draft capital is if we got Kossi as well, and we're unsure on LDU. Really wish LDU would sign so we can better plan. Petracca surely would mean the end of Simpkin, so he'd have to be in the mix to join up with his ol mate. The thing is we're talking FOS or Draper imo, the later gives us badly needed spread and class while the for former is a 12year lock and load on a wing with a great grab and skills.
So much to play out its so hard to say and i dont want to lose LDU. BUT....if he had eyes for Saints then our need for Trac goes up. In that case id consider Pick 2, F1, Simpkin for Trac and Kossi. Pick 5 and another top 10 from Saints for LDU. Even then im getting the Ick, doesn't feel right shopping Simpkin, losing LDU and not having that mid field speed of Draper or FOS on a wing.
C'mon LDU, sign on.

The only real way id be moving heavy draft capital is if we got Kossi as well, and we're unsure on LDU. Really wish LDU would sign so we can better plan. Petracca surely would mean the end of Simpkin, so he'd have to be in the mix to join up with his ol mate. The thing is we're talking FOS or Draper imo, the later gives us badly needed spread and class while the for former is a 12year lock and load on a wing with a great grab and skills.
So much to play out its so hard to say and i dont want to lose LDU. BUT....if he had eyes for Saints then our need for Trac goes up. In that case id consider Pick 2, F1, Simpkin for Trac and Kossi. Pick 5 and another top 10 from Saints for LDU. Even then im getting the Ick, doesn't feel right shopping Simpkin, losing LDU and not having that mid field speed of Draper or FOS on a wing.
C'mon LDU, sign on.
It’s getting a bit weird. Clubs don’t trade all these players for fun. We’re talking about Trac coz that’s the story of the day and as I’ve said elsewhere, they should be literally sacking anyone else other than trading Trac. Just as we should be if Sheez or LDU was unhappy. But if they **** up that badly he wants to leave no matter what, then you do what it takes to get it done.

Good for them, but i stand by what i said. We have half our squad 22 and under, stupid to give up FOS or Draper for a 30 year old coming back from car accident level injuries. Btw i meant Lmac, obviously you got that.
I'm with you. If he was 27, different case. But we're not going to be in the window for 2-3 years, and by then who knows what he'll be.

Petracca would be amazing, but not for pick 2. We are talking about Clarko and Viney here not Joyce. They know exactly what he would be worth and what he isn’t - and if it was to ever become a viable option I am confident we will only pay what they think the situation is worth, they wouldn’t derail our rebuild for anyone.

Pick 2 for a 29 year old. You lot are off your 3kzeds

If we split pick 2 into 2 inside the top 15 and gave up a pick 6-8 then yeah but pick 2? Jesus fn christ. Thats insane

There’s some intangible value to consider here.

His recruitment would flip the narrative on the club regarding recruitment.

You’d probably see a torrent of FA’s in the coming years.

There’s some intangible value to consider here.

His recruitment would flip the narrative on the club regarding recruitment.

You’d probably see a torrent of FA’s in the coming years.
Are the petraccas valued in that sense? From my understanding they dont have the best name, why is Christian any different?

I say NO.

FOS and Draper and any other player in the draft is still a gamble. They may turn out to be a star player, they may be a role player, they may be a bust. Will Phil was pick 3. Would you trade Will Phil for Trac? We already have 7 top 5 picks that can play midfield. How many do you think other clubs have?

Even if you get 3 years of Trac's best, you are getting a top 5 player in the comp that would propel you to finals and set the team up for the future. We wouldn't have FOS but we would be able to attract other big stars, something that we currently can't do.

Hodge was 34 when he went to the Lions and look what he did for them. Trac is 5 years younger! Star players play well into their 30s these days and Trac being the ultimate professional he is I have no doubt he will too.

It's extremely unlikely we get him but I would put my house on it being better long term for the club getting Trac rather than picking another 18 year old.

Are the petraccas valued in that sense? From my understanding they dont have the best name, why is Christian any different?

I say NO.

I’d like to think Petracca is one of the more well liked AFL players in the comp by other players on the Bont, Pendlebury level.

He’s an auto AFL hall of famer, a top 5-10 player in the league.

Yeah, I think players would take notice and follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back