List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'toured the facilities' bit always makes me laugh. What are they expecting to see?
'Wow, I toured their facilities and they have a gym, showers, ice baths, you get your own locker, a players rest room, doctors and physio rooms. It looked clean and tidy. Didn't smell. Nice view of Arden Street. I have to get there'.
TBF Melbourne train more or less out of a shed in the shadows of AAMI park or whatever Collingwoods tax-payer-rort-funded place is called these days.

I still think we should be into Will Brodie.
His 2022 numbers were insane for only 69% TOG. Can't get a look in at Freo. Big body. Pick 40.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the Viney’s stuff I just have one question.

How is it that we have moved on multiple people from board level due to perceived conflict of interest with regard to Father Son selections and yet now we can just seek out the son of the GM of Footy (who would be what his bosses boss?) and not a peep about conflict of interest?
Don't be asking the most obvious question, you're spoiling the vibe

haha what i do enjoy is the use of the argument that the draft is a complete gamble, even when you have the literal 2nd pick while apparently a near 30 year old coming back from major injury that incredibly likely means they will never meet their peak again, let alone how much longer they will be able to play football, is not a gamble.

Petracca was a 2nd overall pick, funny that
The only thing that’s certain in all of this is that Petracca is a gun player. The rest is a gamble to some extent - you’re either gambling on Trac being able to play at the same level post injury or gambling that your number 2 draft pick ends up being a 200 game player for the club. You can put whatever spin you like on it to back up your own argument but there’s no guarantees either way.

The only thing that’s certain in all of this is that Petracca is a gun player. The rest is a gamble to some extent - you’re either gambling on Trac being able to play at the same level post injury or gambling that your number 2 draft pick ends up being a 200 game player for the club. You can put whatever spin you like on it to back up your own argument but there’s no guarantees either way.
So we're looking for a 200 game player for the club? Well petracca only needs 11 more games, no worries then.

So we're looking for a 200 game player for the club? Well petracca only needs 11 more games, no worries then.
Not my point. Won’t happen anyway but if it did I’d take him. I totally get your argument against it, and that’s fair enough too

Anyone got footage of the injury trac copped and when the dees put him back on
School Bus Train GIF

I still think we should be into Will Brodie.
His 2022 numbers were insane for only 69% TOG. Can't get a look in at Freo. Big body. Pick 40.

Too slow for modern gamestyles. He fell out of favour quickly because of it. He's a (slightly) glammed up Hugh Greenwood without the height and basketball background

Edit: Turns out he's 190. So Hugh has just a cm on him. He is painfully slow though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too slow for modern gamestyles. He fell out of favour quickly because of it. He's a (slightly) glammed up Hugh Greenwood without the height and basketball background

Edit: Turns out he's 190. So Hugh has just a cm on him. He is painfully slow though
Yeah, nah. Too slow but manages 643 disposals, 137 clearances, and 127 tackles from 69% tog??

Last time he played us, he racked up 37 possies and collected 7 coaches votes. He may have fallen out of favour, but that's more to do with him being injured for most of last season and Hayden Young moving into the midfield.

He is light years better than Greenwood and is tearing the WAFL a new arse(I know)

He has good hands, uses his frame well, and would be a good rotation with our young mids imo.

Screenshot_20240813_235732_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, nah. Too slow but manages 643 disposals, 137 clearances, and 127 tackles from 69% tog??

Last time he played us, he racked up 37 possies and collected 7 coaches votes. He may have fallen out of favour, but that's more to do with him being injured for most of last season and Hayden Young moving into the midfield.

He is light years better than Greenwood and is tearing the WAFL a new arse(I know)

He has good hands, uses his frame well, and would be a good rotation with our young mids imo.

View attachment 2078615

All those stats you mentioned are doable for an inside mid with **** all pace. I didn't say he wasn't good at footy. But they had to build their midfield around him and as soon as they realised others could do 90% of Brodie's grunt stuff with infinitely more run, spread, and defensive coverage, that's the path they went down. We talk about our fascination with recruiting players unsuited to the current style of the game. Brodie epitomises that

All those stats you mentioned are doable for an inside mid with **** all pace. I didn't say he wasn't good at footy. But they had to build their midfield around him and as soon as they realised others could do 90% of Brodie's grunt stuff with infinitely more run, spread, and defensive coverage, that's the path they went down. We talk about our fascination with recruiting players unsuited to the current style of the game. Brodie epitomises that

You're carrying on like he's Cunners type slow mate. He motors from contest to contest just fine.

The current style of game has us winning 15 games out of the last 100. We need ball winning ability to get it into the hands of more damaging players, much like Freo needed when they drafted Brayshaw and Serong.

He is a mature body and would cost **** all. When the others can do 90% of his grunt stuff, he can trot off the VFL and rack up 40+ for us.

Powell for Bergman + future swap before tassie come in.

Trac straight swap for our first this year.

This draft runs deep, grab a KPF (Gerreyn) at our next pick.

Let's all just take a step back.

Petracca "I wanted to go to a place with elite standards, leadership and a track record of success. That's why I chose North Melbourne."
That was funny! I'll go you one better: Petracca "I've been keeping an eye on North and when I'm able watching their games, since the halfway season they have played some great footy but just haven't quite gotten over the line, they are a young team on the rise, its going to be great joining their talented midfield and hopefully I can bring some experience and I'm looking forward to playing under one of the greatest coaches in Alastair Clarkson, in the next chapter of my football".

And you've spent all year telling me how good he is, now you're saying he's not worth anything? You wanted Xerri traded last year so I'm not sure you actually watch much footy.
I reckon many decent watchers wanted Xerri gone when he spent the first 10 rounds ripping the ball out of the ruck and falling over. His turnaround has been amazing but anyone who could've predicted last year what he has become from the middle point of this season has a truly keen eye.

View attachment 2078615

I think the point is moot anyway. I don't think he'll agree to go to any side that has a log jam in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back