Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Emmett had plenty of game time in the first half of the season and never showed a whole lot, he had a couple of good games but went missing far too often and didn't convert the opportunities he had.

I doubt he gets picked up by another club, he'll go back to the SANFL.

Not a big fan of the decision tbh. At least he's shown something at AFL and WAFL level unlike Jones. Not to mention depth in an area of need. Would've liked to give him a chance to play with some other forward half talent cos he seemed to play well in his first few games alongisde schultz.
Have the opposite opinion, I think Emmett showed he wasn't capable. He repeatedly couldn't hit handballs to players less than 2m away and that's a no deal at AFL level. Fantastic intensity but didn't have the required touch and skill.

Plus, we're likely to have three maybe even four more players competing for his role next year - Bolton, Narkle, Simpson, and draftee, and that isn't even mentioning Walters.

No place for him.

Have the opposite opinion, I think Emmett showed he wasn't capable. He repeatedly couldn't hit handballs to players less than 2m away and that's a no deal at AFL level. Fantastic intensity but didn't have the required touch and skill.

Plus, we're likely to have three maybe even four more players competing for his role next year - Bolton, Narkle, Simpson, and draftee, and that isn't even mentioning Walters.

No place for him.
Yeah tbh I just remembered that handball in the wafl gf lol. I just really liked what he showed early on.

Yeah tbh I just remembered that handball in the wafl gf lol. I just really liked what he showed early on.
I think people expected a bit much of him once Schultz left because we were desperate to fill that hole and he had a similar build to Schultz, his first two games were good, but I think people went early on him.

Looks like we have opened up our standard 4 spots

Giving knobel lifetime FA as a ruck was a huge mistake imo

Jones is pretty lucky but also would've been very unlucky if chopped

Emmett is super unlucky tbh
We’re only taking 3 ND selections. I’m wondering whether that fourth spot is DFA option and Jack Carroll?

From all reports Q.Narkle will be added as SSP.

Haven’t they scrapped that now ? Clubs can merely transfer them from main to rookie ?
No he needs to be selected in the Rookie draft. Generally speaking clubs don’t get in the way and allow the process to take place. There have been a few examples of players picked in RD or PSD before an opportunity for the existing club gets to select them.

I reckon that the recent delisting of Jack Carroll might have caused a pivot here with regards to Knobel. Hopefully he gets through to our selection in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have opened up a 4th spot though

I'll do the calcs tonight

Good draft to have 4 pings at imo, generally we use 4 picks
We have opened up 4 spots you are correct. From all reports we are only taking 3 ND selections (14,30,67). Hence I wonder whether like McDonald last year we are interested in DFA? Also I understand we are quite keen on Jack Carroll.

Looks like we have opened up our standard 4 spots

Giving knobel lifetime FA as a ruck was a huge mistake imo
I can't see a good outcome for us here. If he's isn't good enough he'll be delisted, and if he is good enough he won't get much opportunity behind Darcy and Jackson, so will leave as a free agent for probably no compensation.

He'll probably have a good year in the WAFL next year then leave on a two year deal to Melbourne where he'll only be behind 33 year old Gawn and Campbell.

I can't see a good outcome for us here. If he's isn't good enough he'll be delisted, and if he is good enough he won't get much opportunity behind Darcy and Jackson, so will leave as a free agent for probably no compensation.

He'll probably have a good year in the WAFL next year then leave on a two year deal to Melbourne where he'll only be behind 33 year old Gawn and Campbell.

If he comes good hopefully we extend him, but unless Darcy really is shot it’s not the end of the world if he leaves.

If Darcy is shot, Knobel may get his chance.

I don’t mind Narkle for where we’re at. Has the class & with a forward half pretty stacked for threats - Bolton, Treacy, Amiss, Freddy, Jacko, Walters/Sturt, could easily get off the chain in crucial moments.

We’ve got blue collar for days. He’s a luxury item.
I'm pretty sure classy luxury items don't get delisted by 2 different clubs...

Not a big fan of the decision tbh. At least he's shown something at AFL and WAFL level unlike Jones.
While I understand your sentiment, I think Jones will surprise a few if he gets a decent run at it. He's got the size, power and combativeness you'd want to see in a big forward.

Pretty difficult to show anything when you are sitting in rehab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back