Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Knobel go around next year, seems like this site is the only one that rates him over Reidy though.

Lots of "Surprised he's getting another go" comments online.
He is being Re Rookies, which is fine.
Him and Jones are raw and bulking up would do them but wonders.
Need all the KPD and ruck depth we can get.

I'd like to see Knobel go around next year, seems like this site is the only one that rates him over Reidy though.

From what I've seen from the average facebook / twitter comment that unfortunately crosses my eyes while looking at a tweet that was linked to me, most of them wouldnt have a clue.

I think we'll upgrade Karl Worner to the senior list tbh.

It won't make people on here happy but we re-signed him prior to the new rules that allow clubs to keep rookies for more than three years. Under AFL rules we don't have to honour any promises made before the rules were changed but I reckon Freo would.

I can't see a good outcome for us here. If he's isn't good enough he'll be delisted, and if he is good enough he won't get much opportunity behind Darcy and Jackson, so will leave as a free agent for probably no compensation.

He'll probably have a good year in the WAFL next year then leave on a two year deal to Melbourne where he'll only be behind 33 year old Gawn and Campbell.
Is the rookie list just an annual contract?

I think we'll upgrade Karl Worner to the senior list tbh.

It won't make people on here happy but we re-signed him prior to the new rules that allow clubs to keep rookies for more than three years. Under AFL rules we don't have to honour any promises made before the rules were changed but I reckon Freo would.
It's fine if we have SSP we want to trial I guess

I forgot he was even on our list still. What is his upside? Haven't seen him do anything particularly well yet.
Best case scenario would be a different version of prime Ethan Hughes. His strengths and weaknesses don't exactly line up with his: Hughes the better athlete and more versatile defender, Worner has better outside run. But basically that solid hand type where you can always rely on him to give a solid effort, but you also know there's better out there. Likely won't have any 1 elite attribute either: there's significantly better rebounders, interceptors and pure defenders out there.

Worth noting he had an outstanding WAFL season, finishing 2nd in the Peel B & F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best case scenario would be a different version of prime Ethan Hughes. His strengths and weaknesses don't exactly line up with his: Hughes the better athlete and more versatile defender, Worner has better outside run. But basically that solid hand type where you can always rely on him to give a solid effort, but you also know there's better out there. Likely won't have any 1 elite attribute either: there's significantly better rebounders, interceptors and pure defenders out there.

Worth noting he had an outstanding WAFL season, finishing 2nd in the Peel B & F.

In future years he wouldn’t be upgraded unless he got over the ten game mark IMO.

But in previous years he’d get upgraded because the only other alternative is delisting him.

Having seen a lot of him at Peel this year he is a definate keeper, will eventually be better than Reidy

Anyone got the maths then on how many spots available across rookie and main lists at the moment assuming Knobel is on the rookie list?
1. Primary list (started 36)
Out: Emmett, Corbett, Knobel, Tabs, Hughes
In: Bolton
Quote from Brierty today: “Unfortunately for Max, we need to take three selections into the National Draft,”

So four spots left but according to this quote they will select someone as DFA (Narkle).

Rookie list (started 7); needs to be trimmed to 6
Out: Stanley, Kuek
Retained: Worner, Sharp, Reidy, Voss, Jones
In: Knobel

Cat-B Rookie list (started 2)
Retained: Josh Draper
Out: Conrad Williams

List changes:
Primary list ins: Bolton, DFA (Narkle), ND 3 selections (14,30,67)
Rookie list: zero change (round 1 will be Knobel)
Cat-B: 1 new selection

Started with 36 Main

7 Rookie

2 Cat B

36- 5 (Tabs, Hughes, Emmett, Knobel, Corbett) + 1 Bolton = 32 on Main

7 - 2 (Kuek, Stanley) + 1 (Knobel) = 6

2 - 1 (Conrad) = 1

So we have 4 main list spots, 0 rookies and 1 Cat B spot
That would make it 1 roomie right or we aren't counting Kuek? Which list is Voss on?

1. Primary list (started 36)
Out: Emmett, Corbett, Knobel, Tabs, Hughes
In: Bolton
Quote from Brierty today: “Unfortunately for Max, we need to take three selections into the National Draft,”

So four spots left but according to this quote they will select someone as DFA (Narkle).

Rookie list (started 7); needs to be trimmed to 6
Out: Stanley, Kuek
Retained: Worner, Sharp, Reidy, Voss, Jones
In: Knobel

Cat-B Rookie list (started 2)
Retained: Josh Draper
Out: Conrad Williams

List changes:
Primary list ins: Bolton, DFA (Narkle), ND 3 selections (14,30,67)
Rookie list: zero change (round 1 will be Knobel)
Cat-B: 1 new selection
Are we decreasing to 6 because of LTI or AFL rule change I missed?

I don't mind delisting Emmett but dropping him and recruiting Narkle/Bolton isn't going to increase our forward pressure. (No not for a second am I suggesting Emmett should be in the conversation for Bolton's spot).

It's making me worry about JLs coaching even more tbh we seem to be doubling down on the low pressure game plan from a list management perspective.

He's probably the best forward pressure we have outside the best 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back