Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah was thinking the same. You don’t need to worry as much about forward pressure if you’re banging them through & sending it back to the middle.

You need it if you’re running with the Lyon game of kicking it on the forwards heads. Not so much if Treacy, Sturt, Amiss are taking marks on the lead, Fred is kicking them on the run from 50 & Shai is doing Shai things.
Oh, yes please. The reason I’m a Freo supporter is the way the team played that first season with Neesham. So much more attractive than what the bunch from the city were doing at the time. Lovely flowing footy

It has just occurred to me that what we might be doing is promoting Draper to the main list in 2025. That would mean 3 main draft, 1 rookie draft or Sam Powell-Pepper and 0,1 or 2 new Cat B's

Since there are no LTI's atm there is no way for Draper to play round 1 if he stays on the B unless we run one short on the rookie list. If we leave as B then it would cost us two potential additional players (unless I'm missing something obviously).

In fact thinking about it I'm not immediately seeing list space for Narkle and redrafting Knoble to the RL without promoting someone off the RL into one of our 4 current main list spaces.

It has just occurred to me that what we might be doing is promoting Draper to the main list in 2025. That would mean 3 main draft, 1 rookie draft or Sam Powell-Pepper and 0,1 or 2 new Cat B's

Since there are no LTI's atm there is no way for Draper to play round 1 if he stays on the B unless we run one short on the rookie list. If we leave as B then it would cost us two potential additional players (unless I'm missing something obviously).

In fact thinking about it I'm not immediately seeing list space for Narkle and redrafting Knoble to the RL without promoting someone off the RL into one of our 4 current main list spaces.
Rookies don't need to be upgraded to play anymore - even Category B rookies.

Upgrading Draper is only robbing us of a list spot but it has to be done under league rules end of next year.

Upgrading Draper is only robbing us of a list spot but it has to be done under league rules end of next year.
We lost Schultz because of this practice. Yes, it's worked out, but it could have easily gone pear shaped

Better to reward players by putting them on the main list.

I thought it was just Cat A players that didn't need to be upgraded anymore not Cat B, but I should have checked first (2024 rules):
1730007001853.png

So then we have 4 ML 1 Cat A spot and 1 Cat B assuming we run 36 and 6

We lost Schultz because of this practice. Yes, it's worked out, but it could have easily gone pear shaped

Better to reward players by putting them on the main list.
No that's different. That was a temporary rule during COVID when they cut list sizes that allowed clubs to relist delisted main listed players as rookies (1 per club I think. Banfield had to run the gauntlet from memory) without having to use the draft. This is was just talking about eligibility to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back