Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

The only people who think Dan Rioli is worth pick 6 are Richmond supporters. Let's hope no one at GC is dumb enough to agree with them.
But it is Gold Coast after all so wait and see.
They giving up pick 6, that's a given

Sounds like with Warner & Kozzy off the market, we're happy to just take this one slow.
There's heaps of time to do some hefty wheeling and dealing though. Richmond are playing the cards under the hairs and right off the nipple. So it's hard to gauge how their plates are spinning. We get Bolton deal done in the next day or two and game on.

Sydney too are awfully quiet at this stage, so they sound like they're primed to batten down the hatches as far as Warner goes. If we see them swoop on someone big it could give this year's chase a bit of a pulse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies looks like he applies pressure way more than his stats indicate, he's a faux small forward. Pretty much any small forward should kick goals with the Blues' twin towers down there...
And that forehead...
Better getting in Motlop's ear over the next 12 months. Hasn't had a good run with injury, but that's been a story with many at Carltoon. May be primed to look for fresher fields and come back home.

I feel like the Tigers have just as much to lose as the Suns on a Rioli deal not getting done. Pick 6 is WAY more than fair and the opportunity evaporates if they don't take it this year. I'd be staggered if their list boss wants Rioli more than pick 6 given the state of their list.

Will be interesting to see if the Suns have grown a pair.

I want to see us pick up another. We are at that stage to take a chance on a high risk, high reward type. Sign Stringer for two years. Probably come over here and get on the piss, but like Hawks picking up an overweight Dew back in the day..just have to roll the dice.

10+18 and likely a sweetener is a very good deal and overs when you look at a range of previous trades.
I don't disagree but I think Tigers supporters insistence he's one of the best in the comp and our own trading history will have me pessimistic until it goes through. I'd be pretty excited to take 11 to the draft.

I want to see us pick up another. We are at that stage to take a chance on a high risk, high reward type. Sign Stringer for two years. Probably come over here and get on the piss, but like Hawks picking up an overweight Dew back in the day..just have to roll the dice.
The problem with Stringer (leaving aside the off-field stuff) is he doesn't pressure and we're already terrible at it without him.

I'm hoping the viewer/listener metrics get looked at on the AFL site to force trade "week" into a shorter time frame.
They really are taking the piss.
Trade Radio has grown just about every year. I'd imagine the numbers they get listening in are huge.

I mean even the level of feeling for people who are frustrated with the length of trade season is over proportionate to something they could simply tune out of.

They'll possibly tinker with some finer details, but that'd be it.

I don't disagree but I think Tigers supporters insistence he's one of the best in the comp and our own trading history will have me pessimistic until it goes through. I'd be pretty excited to take 11 to the draft.
I thought I heard yesterday we we trying to make that pick 11 into a F1 with Melbourne?

I thought I heard yesterday we we trying to make that pick 11 into a F1 with Melbourne?
That got misconstrued because Walls is one of the only list managers who gives anything. The actual quote was that if Bolton falls through we'll move a pick to next year because we can get overs. It was Wallsy attempting to say how valuable the picks are but it's best he sticks to drafting and let Bell do the trade chats

I'd be very surprised if we did that. Teams clearly rating this year very highly and the Dees could feasibly finish top 6 next year. At the very least we'd have to factor that in as a possibly and value 11 given that.

They'd have to add a LOT of mayo to an F1 to get 11.

I think if they were getting a pick from us, it would be 18 (only if Bolton fell through).

Stringer gives me massive Sylvia vibes. No thanks.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back