Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

nek minnit.

Richmond offer Baker to Freo for a 3rd rounder to piss off WC

Richmond .....we've had enough dealing with you mugs ....we're out!

Rioli to Freo .....talks have stalled as Tigers want pick 10 & 11

Baker to Gold Coast stalled as Tigers holding out for pick 13

Bolton to West Coast stalled as they are only offering pick 14

With clubs falling all over themselves for picks in the teens, I'm even more steadfast that I wouldn't give 10+11 for Bolton.
It does seem that Hawthorn have highlighted the value of early picks this year. Freo should be seriously considering selling 10 or 11 to the highest bidder, the return seems like it will be well worth it. Take advantage of this buyers market for once.

Freo + Bolton + Baker = premiership contender

Freo + pick 10, 11, 18 = 9th

It will be interesting to see what the Freo list manager chooses to do.

I thought Richmond were getting 14 from the Eagles for Baker? You want him to come to us now?

You are as thick as the rest of your mob who come over to our board.

It does seem that Hawthorn have highlighted the value of early picks this year. Freo should be seriously considering selling 10 or 11 to the highest bidder, the return seems like it will be well worth it. Take advantage of this buyers market for once.
I think we should hold it until draft night. If we don't get a nutty live offer, just use it.

I don't think moving it forward is optimal for us.

Have they? Is Carltons first and second overs? I dunno, seems like a pretty standard pick swap deal to me.

But the deal is the only one we have seen, so I'm just judging it on that and pick 14 for a F1+F2 is pretty standard no?
Not sure, would have to look it up.

The commentary (from the more reliable sources) also suggests clubs rate this draft. I am happy to take that on face value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the story goes Baker wants to see Richmond get a fair deal, so maybe F2 isn’t good enough. I call BS though. Baker wouldn’t care about that too much..after all did nominate the one club unlike Bolts.

I think the story goes Baker wants to see Richmond get a fair deal, so maybe F2 isn’t good enough. I call BS though. Baker wouldn’t care about that too much..after all did nominate the one club unlike Bolts.
Players do care about their clubs getting looked after. The the trade Doc, Cerra said he wanted us to get looked after

Bolton is a far more damaging/impactful player than Houston. The latter is a defender/mid. Bolton can be a top 10 offensive weapon in the competition. Scoreboard impact is where the value is.

Bolton was 6th for score involvements in 2022, then 12th in 2023. The only players around that mark over both those years were Bontempelli, Dusty, Petracca, Hawkins, Walker, Cameron, Curnow. That's the calibre of company that he keeps for scoreboard impact, only he isn't a big mid or KPF, but rather in the position of most need to our side (small forward).

I wouldn't be concerned with a drop off in 2024 in a wooden spoon team. The 2022-2023 years are more relevant to how we would expect him to perform in a good side.

I've also posted several times on his ridiculous record at Optus over the last several years. Seven out of 8 games he was in the best players and you would struggle to find a better performed player overall at our home ground. The one poor game was played in terrible slugfest conditions that don't suit his type.
I meaaannnnnn Houston is also very damaging for scoring he was = 2nd for score launches at Port this year and top 10 for assists and score involvements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back