Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Cornes is a peanut and is quite transparent about his dislike for Richmond.

He shows very little understanding of the GCS/Rioli/academy situation.

I don't think 10 + 18 is far off. I think 10+11 is too much though.

That's why I'm suggesting something like 10 + 11 + 18 for Bolton + Baker + 24.
It wasn't just Cornes, Damo Barrett said it should be 10 and 30.

11 for 17 and a F1.

Who says no??

Based on the Melbourne, Essendon trade Geelong would need to add more. I expect Geelong to finish top 4 next year

Essendon gives pick 9 and a future third-round pick

Melbourne gives pick 28, 40, 46, 54, 65 and its future first-round pick
11 for 17 and Brad Close.

Shut the door on the Baker discussion and bring in a player better aligned to our needs.

who gives a **** what some randos on bigfooty think right now anyway? its all speculation on speculation

listen to what brierty was saying, theyre not going to overspend
If they give up all 3 firsts for both (which is widely accepted)with nothing significant back then yeah it’s a major overspend

Unfortunately I go via history and it’s says when bringing in players we want we tend to fold and overspend

Last edited:
It would get more interesting if players could be traded without consent.

The players don't earn enough for that. In the NBA there's 29(?) teams so there's about a 3% chance of being drafted to your hometown team so you're almost certainly relocating but you're compensated with millions. If you're drafted in the AFL from Victoria there's a better than 50% chance you'll stay in your home state and the fringe players don't earn enough to just move state to state willy nilly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players don't earn enough for that. In the NBA there's 29(?) teams so there's about a 3% chance of being drafted to your hometown team so you're almost certainly relocating but you're compensated with millions. If you're drafted in the AFL from Victoria there's a better than 50% chance you'll stay in your home state and the fringe players don't earn enough to just move state to state willy nilly.

I agree, there needs to be an extra zero at the end of player salaries for no consent trades.

Because 12-18 next year is not the same as this year apparently
It certainly isn't for us for a couple of reasons:
  • we likely make a play for Warner.
  • we have 2 NGA players who project as top 30 picks. Getting ahead of bids or paying for those players is all part of the strategy
  • there will be other trade opportunities

If nothing else, the crazy amount of no action is going to make for an even crazier last two days.

This trade period always had the look of having a lot of deals that were going to go down to the wire.

I thought Barrass would get done earlier but Hawthorn had other ideas.

Noble was the other one I expected to be done by now but I think it keeps getting muddled up with the Houston and Lukosius stuff going on. Hope this one gets done soon as it’d really open things up but if it becomes a three way deal I expect it to last until Wednesday.

It certainly isn't for us for a couple of reasons:
  • we likely make a play for Warner.
  • we have 2 NGA players who project as top 30 picks. Getting ahead of bids or paying for those players is all part of the strategy
  • there will be other trade opportunities

Dunno about Basil Hart tbh. I haven’t seen his name mentioned as top 30 literally anywhere but on this board.

Toby Whan is literally top 30 anywhere you look.

I'm hearing Bolton is a done deal. Expecting it tomorrow
Barack Obama GIF by PBS News

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back