List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will probably eat some of his salary and take a token pick but I doubt there will be any cream on top of that. They will get some picks for Smith but given Geelong are hot favourites for his services it won’t be an early first.

Assuming we have two first rounders it always tempting to be the third wheel in some of these deals looking for a bit extra but I’m really hoping for once we just do the right thing and take our picks. This is the stuff that worry’s me about st Kilda, don’t blow a high draft pick getting greedy. I’d rather trade out of next years ist round if we’re looking for another first than start splitting picks.
Surely if Geelongs 1st pick were to blow out to 15+, the dogs may ask for an additional first rounder? Will be a very interesting negotiation. Given how much Geelong fought tooth and nail to get a 5th rounder included with Asava

Don't flay me too hard.....but can we turn Lobb and his salary into a win for us and dogs.

Lobb and all his salary and dogs frdp circa 9 for our pick 24.

Or even better Bailey Smith and Lobb and pick 9 for the Battle pick 5 and 24.

We get probably Smith at 4 and potentially Lalor or Taj Hotton at 9.

Also just as a side issue not sure I want Lobb to begin with...but Bailey Smith yessir.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
GC got dogs 1st rounder this year

Just on Max Heath. He's got plenty of time. Look at Xeri who's killing it now, got 4 years on Heath.
I'd like us to draft another dev ruck with a late pick this year. Every 5 years. Also a tall key back. Wilkie will be 29 next year. Even if Caminiti works out I think we need another developing tall.
From what I hear there's a few later in the draft.

Just on Max Heath. He's got plenty of time. Look at Xeri who's killing it now, got 4 years on Heath.
I'd like us to draft another dev ruck with a late pick this year. Every 5 years. Also a tall key back. Wilkie will be 29 next year. Even if Caminiti works out I think we need another developing tall.
From what I hear there's a few later in the draft.

Van Es also has plenty of time if he can stay on the park.

I'm watching Sydney vs North Melbourne - if we don't at least show interest in Luke Parker for the right price at season's end and he's available then sack the entire list management team. Would be an elite Crouch replacement while also arriving with premiership experience - could mentor all of our mids while solving our contest issues. 32 years old in October, still looks like he's got 2-3 years of good footy left in him. Would Sydney take a pick 50+ for him?

Do you have evidence for this or did you make this up
Sorry for the late reply Alan…stats below (feel free to do additional research yourself if necessary):

However,

Saints scoring 52%, 10%, 28% (defence, centre clearance, forward)
Carlton- 37%, 14%, 49%
Sydney- 37.5%, 12.5%, 51%
Essendon- 40%, 15%, 45%

Sorry for the late reply Alan…stats below (feel free to do additional research yourself if necessary):

However,

Saints scoring 52%, 10%, 28% (defence, centre clearance, forward)
Carlton- 37%, 14%, 49%
Sydney- 37.5%, 12.5%, 51%
Essendon- 40%, 15%, 45%
How is it unsustainable though?

How is it unsustainable though?
I believe it’s a physically taxing gameplan.To slingshot from a defensive intercept takes a lot of gut running and repeat efforts. I’m not sure you can play this style successfully week in week out.

Granted, it suits our personal atm. I feel to compare with these top teams we need to source more scores from Centre clearances and from forward stoppages/turnovers and less from defensive s/t’s.

I'm watching Sydney vs North Melbourne - if we don't at least show interest in Luke Parker for the right price at season's end and he's available then sack the entire list management team. Would be an elite Crouch replacement while also arriving with premiership experience - could mentor all of our mids while solving our contest issues. 32 years old in October, still looks like he's got 2-3 years of good footy left in him. Would Sydney take a pick 50+ for him?
Surely it’d require a 2nd rounder. And he plays for 2 more seasons max. Is that really worth it

They will probably eat some of his salary and take a token pick but I doubt there will be any cream on top of that. They will get some picks for Smith but given Geelong are hot favourites for his services it won’t be an early first.

Assuming we have two first rounders it always tempting to be the third wheel in some of these deals looking for a bit extra but I’m really hoping for once we just do the right thing and take our picks. This is the stuff that worry’s me about st Kilda, don’t blow a high draft pick getting greedy. I’d rather trade out of next years ist round if we’re looking for another first than start splitting picks.

It really depends IMO. That natural first you'd take but if Battle gets us 7 or what ever it is we might be tempted to trade down with Freo for 14 and 17 or something. It's a super even draft especially from around 6 to 25 or so. The problem is that I think most other clubs would probably feel similar.

If we go on a run and finish mid table I guess it doesn't matter. Battle will probably get us a pick at the end of round one anyway. The AFL have a way of making their formula hard to predict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on Sydney's SC and if they want relief. He is 32. I would do a late 2nd rounder (which after FS and NGA could be in the 40's) for him.
Too much look at the hodge, Lewis trades as a guide. Maybe I’m wrong and they cost more than I thought but gee that’s high for an aging champ you’re basically showing the door.

Surely they need cap space and we could eat his contract for them.

Otherwise we could look at guys like Jarrod Lyons who is still one of the guns in the VFL and only 31. Rory Atkins too.

Peatling from GWS is a gun. Lazzaro from North and Binns from the Blues as young guys.

Still don't understand why Joel Trudgeon never got a run either.

Surely it’d require a 2nd rounder. And he plays for 2 more seasons max. Is that really worth it
As a 32 year old who is barely best 22, I think if they win the premiership they'll be happy to let him go for whatever price in kind of a mutual agreement to ensure he plays 23 games. He's also from Vic I believe

Doubt he'd cost much if we ate his contract up. He signed on big money. Sydney have lots of kids to sign up so it could be good for both.

Any side needs diversity in there avenues to scoring, can’t just rely of the back half as it’s too easy to coach against as oppo just needs to squeeze the transition from D50

Didn't Richmond famously win three flags without bothering with winning clearance? Geelong in their flag year were very light-on for inside mids. Literally loaded up and attacked off HB. We generate heaps of inside 50 but can't direct our kicks in there well.

Missing Snags, Butler and having a battered King probably hurt even more than our lack of inside mids. You would prefer to have them that said.

I believe it’s a physically taxing gameplan.To slingshot from a defensive intercept takes a lot of gut running and repeat efforts. I’m not sure you can play this style successfully week in week out.

Granted, it suits our personal atm. I feel to compare with these top teams we need to source more scores from Centre clearances and from forward stoppages/turnovers and less from defensive s/t’s.

I don't think its the plan, its just we are too crappy to win the game out of the middle, which leaves us to plan b, try to stop them scoring from their inside 50, and try to get it up our end.

It really depends IMO. That natural first you'd take but if Battle gets us 7 or what ever it is we might be tempted to trade down with Freo for 14 and 17 or something. It's a super even draft especially from around 6 to 25 or so. The problem is that I think most other clubs would probably feel similar.

If we go on a run and finish mid table I guess it doesn't matter. Battle will probably get us a pick at the end of round one anyway. The AFL have a way of making their formula hard to predict.
You’d hate to take smith then trade out of the next Dangerfield, don’t get greedy. Of course it all depends on who’s there and how we rate them but I’d be hanging onto both for possible live trading. Trading prior to the draft unless it’s 😳 offer is a Jack and the magic beans move imo.

That’s our move of days gone by though, aren’t we always linked with splitting picks. We badly need A mids and we know where most of those are picked.

You’d hate to take smith then trade out of the next Dangerfield, don’t get greedy. Of course it all depends on who’s there and how we rate them but I’d be hanging onto both for possible live trading. Trading prior to the draft unless it’s 😳 offer is a Jack and the magic beans move imo.

That’s our move of days gone by though, aren’t we always linked with splitting picks. We badly need A mids and we know where most of those are picked.

We do need gun mids. The only one likely to be there at our pick is Lalor now and then we probably have to reach for others.

Davo has some interesting rankings. Jagga obviously doesn't do it for him....or Lalor. Agree on O'Sullivan on pure talent, he's got Wardlaw vibes. Ashcroft would be the most certain to be a gun player in the draft IMO.

I really rate Faull too but that's crazy high. My boys Langford and Murphy Reid getting some love though.

July 2024 Rankings - Top 51

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm
4. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
5. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
6. Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
7. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
8. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
9. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
10. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
11. Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (acl injury)
12. Josh Murphy - Murray - 190cm
13. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm
14. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
15. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
16. Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17. Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
18. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 186cm
19. Sam Marshall - Sandringham (Bris A) - 185cm
20. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
21. Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
22. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 185cm
23. Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
24. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
25. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo - 194cm
26. Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
27. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm
28. Kayle Gerreyn - West Perth - 199cm
29. Thomas Sims - Northern - 199cm
30. Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
31. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
32. Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
33. Zaydyn Lockwood - Bendigo - 198cm
34. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm
35. Jesse Dattoli - Northern - 179cm
36. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm
37. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm
38. Malakai Champion - Subiaco (WCE NGA) - 172cm
39. Damon Hollow - Calder - 180cm
40. Lucas McInerney - Northern - 180cm
41. Kade Herbert - WWT - 184cm
42. Lucca Grego - Western - 184cm
43. Doug Kerr - Oakleigh (acl injury/Coll NGA) - 192cm
44. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo - 186cm
45. Hugh Boxshall - Clare - 187cm
46. Oliver Depaoli-Kubank - Tas - 178cm
47. Evan Bradley - Nth Adel - 174cm
48. Jacob Newton - Norwood - 178cm
49. Luke Urquhart - East Frem - 190cm
50. Jasper Alger - Oakleigh (VC) -182cm
51. Xavier Ivisic - Geelong - 180cm
52. Charlie Nicholls - Cent Dist 197cm

I doubt they'd give away Lobb and a FRDP for taking over his contract. They paid pick 30 and a future second round pick for him in 2022. I think they'd give him away free for taking on his salary but can't see them stumping up a FRDP for him to go to another club.
Assuming we have the money their 2ndRDP would help us a lot and they could likely pay some of his salary. If we lose all of Battle, Hayes and Membrey this year, we could most certainly use the cover. I know Lobb isn't a desirable player but it just might be a sound moneyball option in the end.

Assuming we have the money their 2ndRDP would help us a lot and they could likely pay some of his salary. If we lose all of Battle, Hayes and Membrey this year, we could most certainly use the cover. I know Lobb isn't a desirable player but it just might be a sound moneyball option in the end.

I don't think they are going to stump up a pick to take him. It sounds like a few clubs are interested.

We do need gun mids. The only one likely to be there at our pick is Lalor now and then we probably have to reach for others.

Davo has some interesting rankings. Jagga obviously doesn't do it for him....or Lalor. Agree on O'Sullivan on pure talent, he's got Wardlaw vibes. Ashcroft would be the most certain to be a gun player in the draft IMO.

I really rate Faull too but that's crazy high. My boys Langford and Murphy Reid getting some love though.

July 2024 Rankings - Top 51

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm
4. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
5. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
6. Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
7. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
8. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
9. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
10. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
11. Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (acl injury)
12. Josh Murphy - Murray - 190cm
13. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm
14. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
15. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
16. Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17. Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
18. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 186cm
19. Sam Marshall - Sandringham (Bris A) - 185cm
20. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
21. Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
22. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 185cm
23. Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
24. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
25. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo - 194cm
26. Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
27. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm
28. Kayle Gerreyn - West Perth - 199cm
29. Thomas Sims - Northern - 199cm
30. Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
31. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
32. Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
33. Zaydyn Lockwood - Bendigo - 198cm
34. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm
35. Jesse Dattoli - Northern - 179cm
36. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm
37. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm
38. Malakai Champion - Subiaco (WCE NGA) - 172cm
39. Damon Hollow - Calder - 180cm
40. Lucas McInerney - Northern - 180cm
41. Kade Herbert - WWT - 184cm
42. Lucca Grego - Western - 184cm
43. Doug Kerr - Oakleigh (acl injury/Coll NGA) - 192cm
44. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo - 186cm
45. Hugh Boxshall - Clare - 187cm
46. Oliver Depaoli-Kubank - Tas - 178cm
47. Evan Bradley - Nth Adel - 174cm
48. Jacob Newton - Norwood - 178cm
49. Luke Urquhart - East Frem - 190cm
50. Jasper Alger - Oakleigh (VC) -182cm
51. Xavier Ivisic - Geelong - 180cm
52. Charlie Nicholls - Cent Dist 197cm

Got to remember the BF draft experts are very often a long way off what AFL recruiters see.
They're nothing more than a guide, bless their cotton socks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back