List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Pou leaving, he's definately staying and will be our superstar for the next 10 years.

I want to talk about getting a future superstar via trade. We can't get a current superstar because they don't want to come to us, but an up and coming player on a struggling team or a stacked team where they are not getting opportunity is a real possibility.

My list of who I would want most

1. LDU
2. Finn Callahan
3. Shai Bolton
4. Zak butters
5. Chad Warner

Throw the absolute cheque book at any of them. Pay them 1.5 a season, I don't care. We just need some class in our midfield.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blake Hardwick?

RFA.

He would help solve our post Webster small defender issues... hard as a cat's head, done his time in a rebuilding team. Reckon he'd thrive in a strong defensive unit like ours.
We have stocker, webster and paton (granted paton is a shell of the bloke with an intact leg).

Can’t see why we’d go after another small defender especially one who has just been moved forward by his team.

Forget Pou leaving, he's definately staying and will be our superstar for the next 10 years.

I want to talk about getting a future superstar via trade. We can't get a current superstar because they don't want to come to us, but an up and coming player on a struggling team or a stacked team where they are not getting opportunity is a real possibility.

1. LDU
2. Finn Callahan
3. Shai Bolton
4. Zak butters
5. Chad Warner

Throw the absolute cheque book at any of them. Pay them 1.5 a season, I don't care. We just need some class in our midfield.

I like Bailey Humphrey for this, reminds me of the midfielder green from gws.

Behind a few in the midfield at GC and a victorian.

Throw the cheque book at him.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm hoping that if Hardwick keeps shaking things up at the GC Jack Lukosius becomes a realistic target. Could be an upgrade on Owens up forward, and allow us Mitch to focus on his midfield journey.

1. LDU
2. Finn Callahan
3. Shai Bolton
4. Zak butters
5. Chad Warner

We're missing a long term replacement for Crouch, who wins a lot of the ball, but perhaps isn't that damaging with it.
Luckily we have Windhager and Owens who "might" be able to grow into that role.
Both of them have had high contested possession counts at times.

Steel and Taranto dominated contested possessions in that last game, but after that, neither team had anyone special ( in that aspect).

I’m already looking forward to trade period and Trade Radio

We have stocker, webster and paton (granted paton is a shell of the bloke with an intact leg).

Can’t see why we’d go after another small defender especially one who has just been moved forward by his team.

I think you answered your own question.

Paton is a huge ?

Jimmy is getting on.

Most teams have at least 2 small forwards. Stocker can take 1.

And Hardwick was moved forward for the 1st time in his career on Sunday (& showed he has some versatility).

Yeah you’re probably right… why would we look at a player who plays in an area of need & has a few strings to his bow.

And who is a free agent.

Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paton is a huge ?

Jimmy is getting on.

And Hardwick was moved forward for the 1st time in his career on Sunday (& showed he has some versatility).

Yeah you’re probably right… why would we look at a player who plays in an area of need & has a few strings to his bow.

And who is a free agent.

Crazy

Which teams have 2 small forwards worthy of a lockdown defender?

We also have Hotton, Bonner, O’Connell, Garcia who can probably play back (not everyone can play midfield remember)

How’s the pitch gonna go to Hardwick.

“Yeh so our backline, the most settled part of our team with Battle, Stocker, Wilkie, Nas/Sincs, Doogs/Cordy locks would love you to battle for the 6th defender for the 4 games a year we need a small lockdown defender against 4 others guys, 3 of whom are substantially younger than you, we don’t wanna pay you too much cause we’re chasing a big fish but come onboard”.

Look, fill your boots, I just don’t see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really like it, I LOVE it
i look forward to it,then get pixxed off with the anti saints bias,i swear no word of a lie within 30 minutes last trade radio,edmond and morris said saints should take the shiel deal because they have no mids,then dow should go to swans not saints because the saints have a deep midfield,then there was goddard before that,with his saints should get a bag of peanuts for steele/king/marshall,while essendon should get 3 first round draft picks for james stewart

but i wasnt that bloke who took his annual leave one year for trade radio

Is Max King being poorly coached or just can’t be motivated to put 💯 percent effort in?
He definitely has the skills, the physical attributes and I think he has a decent footy iq.

Paton is a huge ?

Jimmy is getting on.

And who is a free agent.

Crazy

Would that be better than keeping Hunter and playing him back? Can't say I've ever looked at Hardwick.

Is Max King being poorly coached or just can’t be motivated to put 💯 percent effort in?
He definitely has the skills, the physical attributes and I think he has a decent footy iq.
It's a good question but I'd say last year was a write off and this year he's now doing some of the stuff we all wanted to see.
Bad habits are hard to break.

He is putting in the effort. And he's been a good contributor without kicking a bag.

Our game style doesn't really help our key forwards with kicking goals either.

1712642330037.png

Welcome to trade radio, ....nothing has happened in the first three days...so we're going to make stuff up....

D'ya reckon StKilda could trade Ben Long for Patty Cripps? what would it take to sweeten the deal?

Blake Hardwick?

RFA.

He would help solve our post Webster small defender issues... hard as a cat's head, done his time in a rebuilding team. Reckon he'd thrive in a strong defensive unit like ours.

I wanted him at the draft. Looked like Stevie Milne in his draft year but Clarko reassigned him back. He's played a couple of weeks forward now and looks good there.

I like Bailey Humphrey for this, reminds me of the midfielder green from gws.

Behind a few in the midfield at GC and a victorian.

Throw the cheque book at him.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think he's a jet.

Didn't Dimma come out around Jan or so and say he thinks he's the next Dusty?

Which teams have 2 small forwards worthy of a lockdown defender?

We also have Hotton, Bonner, O’Connell, Garcia who can probably play back (not everyone can play midfield remember)

How’s the pitch gonna go to Hardwick.

“Yeh so our backline, the most settled part of our team with Battle, Stocker, Wilkie, Nas/Sincs, Doogs/Cordy locks would love you to battle for the 6th defender for the 4 games a year we need a small lockdown defender against 4 others guys, 3 of whom are substantially younger than you, we don’t wanna pay you too much cause we’re chasing a big fish but come onboard”.

Look, fill your boots, I just don’t see it.
You've wowed me. Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back