List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

No one. Its just a speculative trade someone came up with and makes no sense. Stringer for all his issues is still a 40 goal a year forward at the moment. He aint going anywhere and unless another club offers him 3 years neither is membrey.
Reported by fox footy that he is an option. Happened in the last hour or so.

So we managed to **** up every high draft pick since Brendan Goddard and most late ones as well until he arrived but you're not sure? We pushed him out demoting him to get Dalrymple. It's a massive gamble. Dalrymple hasn't been great at Sydney. Blew more picks than he nailed. Warner was his absolute gold nugget though.
Chad Warner at pick 39 is a great outcome for Sydney but not a good reflection on Dalrymple. If he rated Warner, he wouldn't have taken 3 duds (Stephens, Gould and Elijah Taylor) before Warner and risked someone else grabbing Warner.

I think Warner is the type that would have starred anywhere. Rowbottom looks like the type that could easily have missed the boat without the right system.

To me development and system brings the bottom 15 players into line more than your top picks.

Spot on. For example, a player like Billings would have had the career that he would have had regardless of which team took him with pick 3 in the draft. Likewise, players like Riewoldt and Hayes would of been A graders regardless of club.

It's all so exciting
Isn't it just...
Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

I just about wrote Membury off mid season he seemed to have lost his one wood the high leaping two footed jump he looked like he was cooked. Had a resurgence late in the season and deserves 1 more year but more than that would be a mistake in my view. He is a player coming to end and it may come fast he is insurance only at this point probably would not have played if King was fit. Better off playing Wood forward if we need the insurance next year. Also probably why we haven't delisted Hayes yet he probably stays if Membury leaves and Keeler needs an opportunity soon. Not to mention Rowan spending more time forward if Soldo comes and we play two rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percentages say we don't replace him with an upgrade and I'm not convinced that we necessarily take two mids with our FRDPs.
As I said, in hindsight, only time will tell.
Trying to accentuate the positive 🤣

Seven hiring frenzy lands Nick Riewoldt, Craig Hutchison departs Nine​

Former St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt will join Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson on Channel 7 next year, while Craig Hutchison has also parted ways with Channel 9.
Jackie EpsteinJackie EpsteinExclusive
Follow
@jackieheraldsun

less than 2 min read
September 26, 2024 - 9:06AM
2 comments
55ea9299b40ebf8a241901306c7b2d6b

00:40
Kane Cornes clips Luke Darcy again after retirement news

Kane Cornes has taken another dig at Luke Darcy after the news his media foe was stepping away from the industry.

Confidential

Don't miss out on the headlines from Confidential. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Former St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt is returning to the media next year and will be the latest name to sign with Channel 7.
In another big media landscape development, Riewoldt is moving back to Melbourne after living in Texas for the past two years.
He joins Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson, who have jumped ship from Channel 9.
Wilson is set to be challenged by legal action, forecast by Eddie McGuire, with Nine maintaining she’s under contract until December with a restraint clause.
Craig Hutchison whose production company Rainmaker is set to be creating new shows for Seven next year, is also gone from Nine.
Crisis talks were held at Nine on Tuesday morning before Footy Classified went ahead with Cornes, Wilson, Hutchison and Matthew Lloyd – without acknowledging the turmoil.
Former AFL champion Nick Riewoldt will return to Melbourne, and the media, next year. Picture: Sarah Matray

Former AFL champion Nick Riewoldt will return to Melbourne, and the media, next year. Picture: Sarah Matray
Riewoldt’s addition further fuels the notion that Seven will boost its programming in 2025.
The footy legend left Fox Footy at the end of 2022 and moved with his wife, Catherine, to her home town in Houston, Texas with their three children.
His departure after he’d been a regular contributor since 2018, came as a shock given his rising stature as an analyst and media personality.
It is understood Channel 9 had been keen to secure to Riewoldt for Footy Classified upon his return to media, but missed out again.
Caroline Wilson, Craig Hutchison and Kane Cornes have all left Channel 9. Picture: Supplied

Caroline Wilson, Craig Hutchison and Kane Cornes have all left Channel 9. Picture: Supplied
The 336-game forward said in October last year that he had every intention of moving back to Australia.
He had described it as being a phenomenal year abroad.
“Everyone’s integrated really well, the boys have played sport and fit in at school,” he told SEN.
“They’re a bit of a novelty with the Australian accents. It’s been great.
“(It’s been) really great personally as well to be able to live and experience a real-life MBA, being involved in the (PMY Group) business and removed from footy for the first time since I was 17.
“I missed the footy season this year; it was a bizarre experience, not being just totally immersed in it.”
Riewoldt said his sons James, Will and Teddy, had got into baseball but he was intending to win them back over to footy and the Saints.
He has appeared regularly on the Footy Talk podcast with Leigh Montagna.
Well the kids are now unlikely to be nominated under NGA rules by another club. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back