List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder, Tom Barrass in F1 out? thoughts

In between he was a school principal from memory. Definitely has those vibes
You're thinking of his wife. Misson has been elite sport fitness boss across cricket, AFL and NRL. Leader in his field. Has seen the inside of many successful footy programs. Done his MBA. Going well in the role so far from what it seems.

This question is not aimed at you specifically, but to everybody.

Do we really think this is a particularly strong draft? I thought the prevailing thought was that, aside from Ashcroft, there is no real standout? Not a super draft per se, but a draft containing a bunch of equals.

Have we moved on from this?

It's super deep IMO. The front end is much less easy to guess than normal. To me I think it's most likely a repeat of 2017 where some absolute cream came in the first round- LDU, Naughton, Brayshaw, Ed Richards etc but then that second round run found a heap of guns and ran right into the 30s with guys like Tom De Koning, Fritsch, Petty in the 30s and even guys like Meek, Xerri, Switkowski and Guelfi in the 70s.

Nah this is different no comparison between the potential we have now in our young players compared to back then. I know some supporters are scarred from the last decade but we are really building now.

As I've been saying for 10 years, fix the backroom first and the rest takes care of its self. We have finally worked out that you can't just bluff it with anyone in those roles. Nearly everything we've done in the last few years has been spot on. I could argue about a few appointments but we've made some massive improvements. Basset is an asset, he gets lot right.

Replace that with Pick 8 and you have a deal. Pick 7 is a must keep it's just in range to get us one of the top mids where Pick 8 is just outside that range.
If they do pick 8 even better, I reckon that would be ambitious though. I really think this draft is that even that there isn’t too much difference from the so called top mids and the level below. They all have at least one weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so let me get this straight we trade out a CHB with plenty of football left only to bring in a much older injury prone FB where we have coverage

makes perfect sense
He wasn't traded out though. Bit of a flaw in that argument.

Thats it capatin obvious but my point is why not say that, excluding Phillips of course. Then even to expect a kid like Tauru or Trainor in their first year to hold down CHB is ridiculous. Misson is a media/marketing teams worst night mare...as boring as bat sh*t. Was he an undertaker before he go involved in the industry? :D
Sorry had to treat you like an idiot if you couldn’t work out how many players are available for those roles.

Had to be as obvious as possible

When I watched Brisbane in the GF it was really notable that our 2024 model was about 8 seriously good players away from that level.

NAS is already there, im confident he will be an AA quality player. If Windy, Pou, Wilson and Caminiti come on we're halfway there. We'd need the last handful to come from Schoenmaker, Collard and picks 7, 8 and 9/F1.

We don't have much margin of error right now, we need all those blokes to develop into the potential we are projecting onto them.

I don't think there are any guarantees that this group will take the next step that the previous group not only failed to do, but actually significantly regressed.

What worries me is that it seems more common these days for the elite players of the comp to announce themselves early (Daicos, Ashcroft, Sheezl, Wardlaw, Weddle, Lehman, Amiss, Watson, Pickett, JHF, Gulden, NAS, Reid, Darcy etc.). If we start seeing some of these guys enter years 4 and 5 with the potential tag still attached it is an area of concern.

Brisbane is probably the best and deepest list in footy. We aren't going to catch them on talent in the next few years but the best list doesn't always win the flag. You just have to be able to compete and have enough talent on hand and a bit of luck. Geelong wasn't the best list, neither were Collingwood or plenty of other flag winners.

Phillipou and Wilson have bolted out of the gates. They are tracking in the right direction.

Carlton likely out of the race for Pick 9 with these developments. Down to St Kilda, Melbourne & GWS
Hmmm - Melbourne are in a world of pain re midfielders. I think they will want to keep their F1. Anyway we have pick 27, they have 28 and our F1 is potentially more attractive

GWS - 9 for 15 & 16 is too much I think, they would offer 16 and 21 so the first would be eaten up on a bid. Dont know about there futures, they probably want them for NGA or whatever the AFL gift them next year.

Carlton likely out of the race for Pick 9 with these developments. Down to St Kilda, Melbourne & GWS
Plenty more than 3 clubs still in it
  • Dogs can still offer F1 + 35 (or pick they get for Daniel)
  • Collingwood could (and should) abandon chats with GC for 13 and offer F1 + 36
  • Geelong can still offer F1 + 38 (until Oliver trade)
  • If Port get 12 and 14 from Carlton they could offer F1 + 39

How about pick 8 f1 to North for pick 2

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
How about no. We lose a frdp and only have two picks this draft, when we want three.

Pick 2 is certainly getting us our first option, but the first 7 to 8 picks are incredibly even and I am sure there will be a slider or two in the first 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back