List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We have headhunted a ruck every year for the last three years.

TDK last year. Xerri the year before. Draper the year before that. I’m certain we know that is a hole in the list, but it seems like our planning is not to draft and develop one, but to recruit. Every year that Marshall gets older that hole gets more and more anxiety inducing.

I’d throw the kitchen sink at Ethan Read. It’s a pity we couldn’t get one of Flynn, Soldo or Sweet last year.

But you would think that the ruck merry go round will continue each year. With the advent of the mid year trade period clubs with good ruck depth may have some real draft currency.
Ned Moyle is one I’d be looking at

TDK last year. Xerri the year before. Draper the year before that. I’m certain we know that is a hole in the list, but it seems like our planning is not to draft and develop one, but to recruit. Every year that Marshall gets older that hole gets more and more anxiety inducing.

I’d throw the kitchen sink at Ethan Read. It’s a pity we couldn’t get one of Flynn, Soldo or Sweet last year.

But you would think that the ruck merry go round will continue each year. With the advent of the mid year trade period clubs with good ruck depth may have some real draft currency.
I like the recruit strategy for a Ruck because there are no guarantees with the Draft, particularly for that position.

There are 18 teams and maybe 25-30 rucks playing each week. There must be some quality playing in the Magoos that cannot get a gig. Make them a very strong offer

I have said it before but after watching the VFL today we seriously need to trade for another ruckman this year. Campbell is a servicable VFL player (ONLY) but is getting slower and Heath I now doubt is going to make it. If we lose Marshall to injury it will leave a huge hole in the AFL side and we simply dont have a player capable of filling the void. I can understand our recruiters attempted to get De Koning out of Carlton last year, but I think not recruiting another young ruckman last year was a mistake.

I know its the first game of the year and Im going early but after watching the game today our rucking cupboard is completely bare. Early days I initially thought Heath was our next ruckman, but we simply havent seen improvement in his game or his ruck craft to give us hope he will take the next step. I know ruckman take time to come good well if thats the case with Max, we cant afford to wait until he does we have to find another ruckman as a priority.

Hopefully we have a plan to find a ruckman somewhere at seasons end?
I’ve heard we are right into bed moyle from the Gold Coast. Can’t crack a game and is out of contract this year

I’ve heard we are right into bed moyle from the Gold Coast. Can’t crack a game and is out of contract this year
Beauty, perfect example.
Ethan Read will need games and will be second banana in no time, Moyle pushed to third.

Throw $400K+ as a generous offer to him, future 3rd to GCS for a kid playing in the Magoos.

You can usually grab a pre-developed ruckman from somewhere. Darcy Cameron, Nankervis, Witts, Pittonet, Grundy, Jackson all started at other clubs.

I reckon Naismith would have been a good get too. Ethan Read would be a great get.

Moyle is the best ruck outside AFL first ruck duties right now, I doubt they let him go.

Hmm was not the reporting on Pou only a month or so ago was that talks were progressing, or am I dreaming that? If so talks now being off is a new development. The longer this goes on the likelier he is to actually leave. I'd still say he will stay but the signs are starting to get a little worrying. Yes he is the sort that would back himself to get a new contract but we know how important he is so I am sure we are offering him a fair deal.
Not worried for a moment.
By all accounts he loves Melbourne. Is a big fan of RTB and vice versa.
After playing him every game last year the club is not going to sell him short.
Took ages to get NAS signed.
It’ll get done. I’m 100% confident.

Freo with the best ruck duo in the game. Would’ve been nice to snag babyhead Darcy 😩
Can it be the best ruck duo in the game when one of them isn’t even playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo with the best ruck duo in the game. Would’ve been nice to snag babyhead Darcy

Stay off the Lobster sauce Dard. We want rucks that actually stay on the park.

Unsure if a draft thread has been made, but noticed Olli Hottons younger brother taj was the leading ball winner on the ground in sandy dragons first game today with 28 touches, and 3 behinds. Was hoping Olli could become a goal kicking mid/half forward, but looking less likely by the week at this stage.

I have said it before but after watching the VFL today we seriously need to trade for another ruckman this year. Campbell is a servicable VFL player (ONLY) but is getting slower and Heath I now doubt is going to make it. If we lose Marshall to injury it will leave a huge hole in the AFL side and we simply dont have a player capable of filling the void. I can understand our recruiters attempted to get De Koning out of Carlton last year, but I think not recruiting another young ruckman last year was a mistake.

I know its the first game of the year and Im going early but after watching the game today our rucking cupboard is completely bare. Early days I initially thought Heath was our next ruckman, but we simply havent seen improvement in his game or his ruck craft to give us hope he will take the next step. I know ruckman take time to come good well if thats the case with Max, we cant afford to wait until he does we have to find another ruckman as a priority.

Hopefully we have a plan to find a ruckman somewhere at seasons end?

Ned Moyle is one I’d be looking at
We tried grabbing 3 last year.

There was a point mid year I thought we were landing TDK. That run of form changes everything.

Went after Moyle - probably hardest to pry out. For whatever reason he chose to stay.

Went after Goldstein and he took a longer offer At Essendon that we never offered. Believe he turns into a coach there when it’s all said and done + it wasn’t something we would discuss in our initial deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back