List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We took collard who I believe will go on to become an A grade small forward so I think we’d be pretty happy with how that worked out.

I love Collard and wanted him in the draft but can't see him hanging around in Vic. If I was a betting man he'll be at WC for a late pick in 2 years. reckon we threw the Gresham compo away.

I love Collard and wanted him in the draft but can't see him hanging around in Vic. If I was a betting man he'll be at WC for a late pick in 2 years. reckon we threw the Gresham compo away.
If he is highly rated why would we be getting a late pick?

Given the top marginal tax rate is 45% on earnings over $180K pa - the diff between $800K and $1 million pa isn’t actually that much.

I'm no good at maths but it seems quite substantial to me. I'd rather lose 45% of 1 Million bucks that $800k. He'd get a very nice ute with the difference.

Unless the eagles or Freo are down the bottom … how do we end up getting next to nothing?
PSD is one option.

He's saying a later pick. Which i think is likely even if he is performing. I think itd be mid 2nd round more likely start of the 3rd. Which means we have downgraded the Gresham compo and wasted 3 years of development.

But it's dependent on how collard plays. He could get delisted and not play for another club. Which means we got nothing.

Unless the eagles or Freo are down the bottom … how do we end up getting next to nothing?
His currency hasn’t exactly improved since being drafted. We used 28 on him (late second) if we traded him at years end we wouldn’t get anything more than that and if he keeps barely playing and we keep kicking 7/8 a game and he barely gets a touch that’ll slide.

His currency hasn’t exactly improved since being drafted. We used 28 on him (late second) if we traded him at years end we wouldn’t get anything more than that and if he keeps barely playing and we keep kicking 7/8 a game and he barely gets a touch that’ll slide.
What was the original pick though... unless the rules change if we get say pick 28 that probably turns into pick 38.

TBH this thread could do with more use of the terms "numb nuts, flog and dipstick"

Be silent dipstick, you gotta let the numb nuts progress further into being a flog to draw attention, sheesh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the club gets that feeling they should go to our old mates freo with 3 frdp and tell them,we deal this year with you,or next year we do our best work with the eagles,get brodie and a nice pick for him,their 2nd outright,or one of their firsts with our 2nd back

thats if he is rated by them of course,but with sonny walters heading to pick up his pension,i can see them having a high level of interest right now

Adelaide have to win more with their home advantage you’d think.

I reckon Adelaide finish above us with the draw they have in hand on the same amount of wins.

if the club gets that feeling they should go to our old mates freo with 3 frdp and tell them,we deal this year with you,or next year we do our best work with the eagles,get brodie and a nice pick for him,their 2nd outright,or one of their firsts with our 2nd back

thats if he is rated by them of course,but with sonny walters heading to pick up his pension,i can see them having a high level of interest right now

Brodie is worth nothing. I think if we offered to take over his contract they'd be happy.

If he is highly rated why would we be getting a late pick?

Because unless they are established you never get maximum value. Bobby Hill got future second rounder and was a much more established player.

All this talk about Lance going back to WA is just a few here blowing smoke up each others arses imo.
You. All of YOU - are forgetting our elite indigenous support program. Dipshits !!!

Last edited:
All this talk about Lance going back to WA is just a few here blowing smoke up each others arses imo.
You. All of YOU - are forgetting your elite indigenous support program. Dipshits !!!
Should have champed us tbh. This is far too polite.

Because unless they are established you never get maximum value. Bobby Hill got future second rounder and was a much more established player.
So just so I grasp the idiocy here.

Example of a player leaving a club after a season and there draft capital drops rounds?

Bobby hill was coming off cancer and had the following season to date. Far from established and just as talented as Collard

1717913614379.png

You. All of YOU - are forgetting our elite indigenous support program. Dipshits !!!
For what it's worth. I think lance has to seriously improve his game before thinking about going back to WA. Lots of water to go under that bridge.

Plus he might find he enjoys Melbourne more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back