List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So just so I grasp the idiocy here.

Example of a player leaving a club after a season and there draft capital drops rounds?

Bobby hill was coming off cancer and had the following season to date. Far from established and just as talented as Collard

View attachment 2015127
Do liam henry... Jamie cripps... Jarrod pickett... Jarrod's garlett... callum ah chee... SPS

So just so I grasp the idiocy here.

Example of a player leaving a club after a season and there draft capital drops rounds?

Bobby hill was coming off cancer and had the following season to date. Far from established and just as talented as Collard

View attachment 2015127
Hahahaha ****ing hell you are on one arent ya.

He’s played 3 games? And had 3 maybe 4 touches total.

No goals.

If we trade him at the end of this year, we MIGHT get what we paid for him.

If he does his 2 year deal and doesn’t play or doesn’t play any better his currency would drop.

If he plays next year and shows a bit he might be worth more.

Ultimately we won’t know until any of it happens.

Take a breath Stav.

We actually have a decent comparison with another homesick WA small forward.

Jamie Cripps was pick 24 in 2010.

We traded him and pick 46 in 2013 for 41 and 44.

He played 16 games for 16 goals for us.

Collard so far, 3 games for 0 goals.

Doesn’t seem THAT outrageous to suggest we might not get much for him. He might be Eddie Betts next season though.

Doesn’t seem THAT outrageous to suggest we might not get much for him. He might be Eddie Betts next season though.
It’s a piss poor comparison because future picks couldn’t be traded and players actually used the PSD 14 years ago.

So again, why would a player highly rated people on here wanted to draft be let go for worse currency when we have shown a willingness to play him and good form at VFL level?

His currency hasn’t exactly improved since being drafted. We used 28 on him (late second) if we traded him at years end we wouldn’t get anything more than that and if he keeps barely playing and we keep kicking 7/8 a game and he barely gets a touch that’ll slide.
He’s a kid, everyone knows he has the talent. Pace, agility, great kick and can fly for a mark. Give him a few years and everyone will be collard is a superstar. Saints need to show him the love and we have from all I’m hearing.

It’s a piss poor comparison because future picks couldn’t be traded and players actually used the PSD 14 years ago.

So again, why would a player highly rated people on here wanted to draft be let go for worse currency when we have shown a willingness to play him and good form at VFL level?
Not really. If he wants out and we don’t have a contract with him AND he’s done **** all at afl level well get what he’s worth, which is likely not a lot.

You seem to think I’m stating this WILL happen and I’m not but you can’t possibly tell me we’d be getting an upgrade on his pick if we traded him right now.

His worth will be dictated by what happens next year and if he wants to go.
He’s a kid, everyone knows he has the talent. Pace, agility, great kick and can fly for a mark. Give him a few years and everyone will be collard is a superstar. Saints need to show him the love and we have from all I’m hearing.
I love him, ffs, I’ve been saying playing him every week but if he wants to leave, and that seems to be a chance, his exposed form isn’t gonna get us a whole lot.

If players want out it's hard to keep them. North wanted JHF to stay too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a good game today - hence the post and if you have a look at the Adelaide board they definitely want him.

Suggest maybe watching the game before calling him Meh and not being sold on him.

I watched the last champs games and he was very average. I like Jagga but not sold on Draper. Maybe be confident enough in your opinions to not need to seek approval Flaps. I'll watch these ones during the week and if I change my mind I'll be sure to run back and beg forgiveness.

I watched the last champs games and he was very average. I like Jagga but not sold on Draper. Maybe be confident enough in your opinions to not need to seek approval Flaps. I'll watch these ones during the week and if I change my mind I'll be sure to run back and beg forgiveness.
Pretty sure I said I was interested in him during the week mate.

Enough with acting tough and thinking you know a thing or two.

Your opinions change as often as the wind and in Victoria that’s a ****ing lot.

We have needed mids for 15 years and after a year and a half he's just realised. I think his game plan is dated, assistants are not working and he's failed to keep up with the progressions in footy. Put his mates in roles rather than best practice. Probably pushed Walsh out who is an elite operator etc. Gubby is a weird appointment and seems to be the only one not pushed out and given a more responsible role.
We couldn’t get the experienced mids we wanted last year? We looked at Shiel and rumour of Wines as well, we did get Dow and Henry done.. So it’s not like we didn’t know midfield is the issue, just couldn’t get it done?

We couldn’t get the experienced mids we wanted last year? We looked at Shiel and rumour of Wines as well, we did get Dow and Henry done.. So it’s not like we didn’t know midfield is the issue, just couldn’t get it done?
The AfL canned the deal that would have netted us Band 1 for Gresham and Shiel for a second rounder and Gresham to the dons.

Why did we let ourselves get so fingered with the Cripps trade

Jagga was the high possession winner in the game and one of Metro's best performed on the day. He did his best work early when the weather was a mess. Other players were slipping and sliding around, fumbling the footy, but Jagga was clean as a whistle and helped Metro dominate through the midfield.

Sharing here to credit your work as a number of us would like him to land at the saints.

Not sure anyone has even contemplated Ashcroft or Lombard. So does it matter?
Heard there are few - Welsh / Crows, Ben Camporeale / Carlton , Stevens / Nth, Langford / Hawks , Ashcroft / Lions , as well Brisbane Academy's Sam Marshall (23 disposals), Swans Academy's Lachie Carmichael (20) and Gold Coast Academy's Leo Lombard (18) all listed to top 20 picks and the talk is pick 1 will be Potential be No.1 Josh Smillie.

Heard there are few - Welsh / Crows, Ben Camporeale / Carlton , Stevens / Nth, Langford / Hawks , Ashcroft / Lions , as well Brisbane Academy's Sam Marshall (23 disposals), Swans Academy's Lachie Carmichael (20) and Gold Coast Academy's Leo Lombard (18) all listed to top 20 picks and the talk is pick 1 will be Potential be No.1 Josh Smillie.
In Ashcroft or Lombard project to be before our first pick.

Rest are all irrelevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back