List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You want the compo pick so no matter what is said, you will hear something that implies we are getting it.
Go on the hawthorn board or the trade thread.

They all hear the same complete lack of certainty.

And for the record. I’d like to keep Battle. I just don’t think he is staying

Go on the hawthorn board or the trade thread.

They all hear the same complete lack of certainty.

And for the record. I’d like to keep Battle. I just don’t think he is staying
People hear what they want to hear.

The hawks board want Battle as proof they are a destination club so any statement about him, vague or otherwise, will confirm that he's going to them. They had the same certainty about 10 different players last year who were all going to pick them yet went elsewhere.

People hear what they want to hear.

The hawks board want Battle as proof they are a destination club so any statement about him, vague or otherwise, will confirm that he's going to them. They had the same certainty about 10 different players last year who were all going to pick them yet went elsewhere.
So based off that video you’re confident he is re-signing?

If players want out it's hard to keep them. North wanted JHF to stay too.
So many on here were convinced NAS was leaving. And he stayed.
It’s too soon to worry about Collard. He’s had a go. Will only get better at vfl.
Backing the club in to get him to stay too.

Wasn’t my question.

Based on that interview. Are you confident in Josh Battle re-signing with us?
I gave you answer.

You may be desperate for that interview to confirm whatever narrative you are desperate to push for this anonymous online clout you crave but it was a vague, nothing statement.

Maybe he stays, maybe he doesn't. Maybe the person who is making the decision doesn't even know yet.

Wasn’t my question.

Based on that interview. Are you confident in Josh Battle re-signing with us?
Why would Misson give the interview if they weren't confident? It seems to be the word "hopeful" that has people saying he's gone but I actually feel more confident after seeing that. It definitely confirms we want to keep him.

Why would Misson give the interview if they weren't confident? It seems to be the word "hopeful" that has people saying he's gone but I actually feel more confident after seeing that. It definitely confirms we want to keep him.
It was pre match to our game. He regularly gives interviews. It’s a hot topic for us right now.

I wouldn’t look into him giving the interview as a sign of confidence.

He was asked directly if we were confident and he said hopeful. That doesn’t imply confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave you answer.

You may be desperate for that interview to confirm whatever narrative you are desperate to push for this anonymous online clout you crave but it was a vague, nothing statement.

Maybe he stays, maybe he doesn't. Maybe the person who is making the decision doesn't even know yet.
So the answer is no from you.

Anonymous clout. Are you okay? I couldn’t care less what people think and I don’t crave it. I love chatting about my saints. I can easily log off again for another month and just chat away on Twitter.

It was a direct question to our GM of footy about re-signing a key player and his confidence in doing that.

He could have said. Yes we are confident.
He could have said, Josh will re-sign.
He could have said, it’s a matter of time.

What he did say was, we are hopeful.

Not exactly categoric. Not exactly definitive.

Infact it falls in line with what I mentioned here during the week. Inside Moorabbin they aren’t so optimistic about retaining Battle.

And if those rumours at marvel are true yesterday. It’s understandable

I was at SCG this evening watching Chad Warner tear the Cats midfield a new one...I would be offering him a Godfather deal if I was S. Dylrimple

So the answer is no from you.

Anonymous clout. Are you okay? I couldn’t care less what people think and I don’t crave it. I love chatting about my saints. I can easily log off again for another month and just chat away on Twitter.

It was a direct question to our GM of footy about re-signing a key player and his confidence in doing that.

He could have said. Yes we are confident.
He could have said, Josh will re-sign.
He could have said, it’s a matter of time.

What he did say was, we are hopeful.

Not exactly categoric. Not exactly definitive.

Infact it falls in line with what I mentioned here during the week. Inside Moorabbin they aren’t so optimistic about retaining Battle.

And if those rumours at marvel are true yesterday. It’s understandable
My answer is this interview isn't the smoking gun you are desperate for it to be to confirm whatever rumour you crawled out of your hole to consistently push the past week.

My answer is this interview isn't the smoking gun you are desperate for it to be to confirm whatever rumour you crawled out of your hole to consistently push the past week.
Your answer is evidently no. Seeing as you can’t say.

Yes based off that interview you believe he will stay.

Ahh… it seems to always boil your piss - that I have always genuinely had good info.

Not sure why you get so many camel toes over it.

He said they are hopeful. Not exactly a strong statement as implied by StCicatriz in Perth last week. Other supporters are smelling blood having listened to that and I’d agree

If i was Battle, and someone went on TV saying i'd definitely re-sigh, i might crack the shits and go somewhere else out of spite.

The actual fact is that no-one , possibly including Battle, knows what he will do.

If i was Battle, and someone went on TV saying i'd definitely re-sigh, i might crack the shits and go somewhere else out of spite.

The actual fact is that no-one , possibly including Battle, knows what he will do.
It’s round 13. This was supposedly done and dusted in round 2. The clubs been talking to his agent for months.

You are either confident you are getting a deal done and soon as history says the majority of unrestricted free agents not signed yet - often are leaving.

or you are hoping he stays but are preparing for him to leave.

As far as any names go for potential trade targets, I've noticed Busslinger is still uncontracted. Granted he is from WA but has anyone seem him play? Tall defender getting some great numbers in the VFL.

As far as any names go for potential trade targets, I've noticed Busslinger is still uncontracted. Granted he is from WA but has anyone seem him play? Tall defender getting some great numbers in the VFL.
Eagles apparently keen. But yeah you would love to roll the dice on him.

I was at SCG this evening watching Chad Warner tear the Cats midfield a new one...I would be offering him a Godfather deal if I was S. Dylrimple

No way that we get him, but the fact that we lack a true midfield gun, or two, who can both win and use the ball well is a big reason why were are not as good a team as we would like.

We have a fairly decent support cast, but we lack true elites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back