List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A top notch back line is a very handy addition to an elite tier midfield. An elite tier back line ain't sh*t without without a top notch midfield.

Just put the Brisbane and Dogs games on repeat if you feel the need.
And a top notch midfield is not nearly effective without an elite tier backline

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the lad bolted up the draft board and then became a star for the club.

No club has deserved some genetic luck more than St Kilda.

It seems as though Elwood can play. Shining for the Stingrays. Could be a late surprise packet.

Even better would be:

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the lad was taken with a very late pick and then became a star for the club

I feel like Tarryn Thomas might be a tough sell to the membership base. Will be interested to see how the club spin it

IF the club did all their due diligence, and decided to go down this path (you know because we can’t catch a break and the AFL is rigged and Daicos/Ashcroftx2/Ugle-Hagan and Tassie etc etc etc), then they need to follow the Geelong Stengle approach.

Get Eddie Betts to assess Thomas, and if he’s agreeable, to manage/mentor him.

This is not to say I think we should do it.

But if we did, the universal respect for Betts would help cushion any criticism and could help change the temperature of the story towards “helping save a lost indigenous youngster”

Out of choice. We went into austerity while paying down RSEA park and other debts so didn't employ football department staff. That stuff takes years to filter through and damage done 6+ years ago starts to show up now. Clubs like Collingwood and Geelong still have players from when we were playing in grand finals. All that link to culture, continuity and leadership are hard to replace.

They are the guys that hand over the club to a new generation and direct the kids in expectations and standards.
100% Agree. To me it was like throwing as much -well intentioned, but not properly thought out - shit at a wall hoping that something would stick....except that someone had put blindfolds on the throwers, and there was no wall.

SAINTS SPEEDSTER TO SIGN ON​

ST KILDA winger Ryan Byrnes is set to sign a one-year deal at the club.

Byrnes is coming towards the end of his contract with the Saints, but has enjoyed another consistent season that has seen him play 12 games and break back into coach Ross Lyon's plans across the last month.

The speedster spent six weeks playing at reserves level with Sandringham midway through the campaign, but his return to the senior side has coincided with a run where St Kilda recorded resounding wins over Sydney, West Coast and Essendon.

Byrnes missed last week's disappointing defeat to Brisbane through illness.

St Kilda has a number of pressing contract calls looming, headlined by defender Josh Battle's free agency decision and verdicts over veterans Zak Jones, Seb Ross, Tim Membrey and Dougal Howard.

As reported on Gettable, Cooper Sharman is set to sign a new multi-year deal to stick with the club. – Riley Beveridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those more familiar with the case ... what exact charges is Thomas facing?

Assault?
Harassment?
Just one ex-girlfriend or several individuals?

He’s committed low level (by that I mean non chargeable) domestic violence acts across a range of women from 2022-2023.

He was made to undergo counselling and rehab, which at first he treated like a joke. He finally passed what was required of him, came back to the afl and dominated for half of 2023.

He then started harassing one of the original women again, was investigated and fired.

He then harassed a women again, after being cut, and was subsequently charged by police.

So 3 groups of harassment, 2 of which came after counselling/rehab.

Yes. Max is a better player with a higher ceiling and better career output than anyone you've listed.

The supporter base cant complain about lack of A grade talent if they are also advocating to trade King because we have a bunch of mediocre other options.
Potentially A grade...however much of it is based on the clubs perception of his projected talent and speculation and hope from near fundamentalist supporters.
So far he has proven he can't play a full season, is wildly inconsistent, incapable of leading, chasing, tackling, or providing much in the way of second efforts (remember he is soon entering his 7th season)
We are speculating and hoping he is an A grade talent...that is all we've got so far.

Caldwell goes to Saints does an acl .... just as valid as any other estimation

But hey what value is making an estimation that can't and will never be proven .... just a waste of time
Okay if that's the case, no one ever should be complaining about drafting Billings over Bontempelli or McCartin over Petracca, both would've done an ACL if they came to the Saints

He averages 10 disposals in the WAFL and doesn't kick goals ... lots of hit outs though

Carl Jr looks a better prospect and is younger ... averages more disposals, kicks more goals, takes more marks in a better competition ... less hit outs though

We still do need another developing ruck but would prefer if we found another one 22yo or under
If Doppers look like signing Goldy again- I would be talking to Bryan
Has a year to run on his contract - but most likely looking for opportunity

Talking about him and changing the subject to the Sandy alignment and developing our players - a few posters think there is no coordinated development going on

To counter that it seems Campbell was played ( out of position according to Bachelor) as a forward
So Heath could ruck all day against the druggies - against Bryan - seems like they wanted to test him for a full game against another promising young ruckman of the competition

Seemed like a good bit of player development driven thinking to me

He’s committed low level (by that I mean non chargeable) domestic violence acts across a range of women from 2022-2023.

He was made to undergo counselling and rehab, which at first he treated like a joke. He finally passed what was required of him, came back to the afl and dominated for half of 2023.

He then started harassing one of the original women again, was investigated and fired.

He then harassed a women again, after being cut, and was subsequently charged by police.

So 3 groups of harassment, 2 of which came after counselling/rehab.
Thanks ... weirdly enough I just read that one of the girls was recently employed by our club ... there for 8 months last year but has since left

I certainly don’t like it but a brush (or two) with the law has never stopped an AFL Player being on a list.

Marlon Pickett is exhibit A.

If it happens we sit back, cross our fingers and hope to go it pays off.
happy game day GIF by CollingwoodFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back