List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't we class as top 4 in culture by the AFLPA?
Can't we trust our strong culture, and aunty Katrina and our large indigenous contigent to help him stay on the straight and narrow?
And as Diehard Saint said huge behavioural clauses in the contract.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have our secret weapon….Mason Wood!
And probably Hilly too.
Wood and Hill are footballers. They aren't responsible for babysitting and rehabilitating domestic abusers.

Their presence at the club should not be used as some sort of excuse or justification for why Thomas should be given yet another chance.

Wood and Hill are footballers. They aren't responsible for babysitting and rehabilitating domestic abusers.

Their presence at the club should not be used as some sort of excuse or justification for why Thomas should be given yet another chance.
I agree. Also wood and hill have been helping new young players like draftees. They don’t need to be taking in almost 25 year old men who can’t be trusted to be a decent human on their own.

Lighten up please.
It was a joke.

But it’s well-known just how positive an influence both those players have been. And every club, and all the players, benefit when you have role models like these around.

Can't we trust our strong culture, and aunty Katrina and our large indigenous contigent to help him stay on the straight and narrow?

At least we have Aunty Katrina there and not Craig Kelly hurling some stuffed marsupials around RSEA Park.

The fact that they are looking at him means they have no one else in there sights , which is not good.
Based on what evidence?? I don't get the pearl clutching over the possibility of TT being in our sights. I don't look to the football club that I support to be the moral compass in my life. Nor do I expect moral leadership from a footballer - I expect football.

If he is still capable of good football and staying out of jail, play him. We are supposed to be a football team, not a convent. If he comes on board, I hope he does great things for us. If he come on board and ****s up, we sack him.....

Based on what evidence?? I don't get the pearl clutching over the possibility of TT being in our sights. I don't look to the football club that I support to be the moral compass in my life. Nor do I expect moral leadership from a footballer - I expect football.

If he is still capable of good football and staying out of jail, play him. We are supposed to be a football team, not a convent. If he comes on board, I hope he does great things for us. If he come on board and ****s up, we sack him.....

“If the Saints don’t improve next year I’m not renewing my membership.”

“If the saints sign Tarryn Thomas I’m not renewing my membership.”

Seems like whatever we do we may lose some supporters but may gain some others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievably ignorant take. It is not a matter of whether we are lucky or not with F/S, it is completely unprofessional and corrupt for some clubs to be favoured by the AFL.
If all you can say is stop whinging, I think your fingernail analysis deserves about as much as I have given it. Jog on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I literally said clubs should pay their fare share for those F/S picks.

You can’t honestly say had of we benefited from the current system more, we’d be as strong on wanting to change it? And to be clear, I agree the whole thing isn’t fair and should be changed. The NBA Draft and Free Agency system is probably the most fair that I wish the AFL would borrow more more (but I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong on that too).

All I am saying is, with what has been in our control, the actual drafting of players, has let us down more. Yes, we would have maybe had access to better players without all those concessions, but I daresay that you could find players that we didn't pick when we had the chance were better than the ones we did.

I'm off for a jog.

Do we draft another church going choir boy scholar in Dan Markworth or do we back in our culture and risk blowing shit up for a flag in our lifetimes?

It's an interesting world we live in when it comes to professional athletes.

Everyone loves Dusty, greatest this greatest that, also threatened to kill a woman with chopsticks.

Ronaldo has a history of sexual assaults, in fact, there are dozens of international soccer players with similar stories.

How many people know that Kobe Bryant had a rape case as well?

I guess if you are good enough as an athlete then all will be forgiven.

I'm not saying what TT has done is ok, but I also think any issues he had would've continued whilst he stayed at North.

I'm not 100% on the give him another chance side, but I think its a pretty complex issue and he also is not beyond redeeming himself as a person first and foremost.

I trust the club to do due diligence when it comes to TT. We have the programs in place to back ourselves in if he has proven that he gets that his old gangster ghetto dv bullshit is never ok

Those footballers also aren't responsible for integrating young interstate kids like Nas but here we are...

When the midfield won the contest against Essington Steele the "purely inside mid" kicked three goals.
We need to help him in the middle, not jettison him.
Not sure I said he needs to go. Just that we have see. His peak and need to accept his current output is what we can expect moving forward. AA Steele won’t be returning due to the game not suiting a player like him completely.

Essendon game is a small sample size. On that logic the swans should be building their list around Amarty after he kicked 9 two months ago. It’s the exception, not the rule.

No one wants to be “competitive”.

People want to be contenders

Huge difference
Spot on
Sick to death of soft draw finals ffs
Get serious get talent Nd challenge
I don’t think Lyon is interested in “being competitive “ fck that
and people saying he should be accountable-of ourselves course he should that’s obvious

Who’s to say we won’t improve if Battle chooses to go?

A few examples:

Ryan Griffen
Brett Deledio
Brodie Grundy

Now I’m not saying we will win the flag next year, but I don’t see why we can’t improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back