List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I once asked why RoMa couldn't start at the centre bounce with Ryder and plugger66 said I was the "dopiest bloke ever to have access to the internet" or something.
And I still feel he may have been right.

Even really dopy people have good ideas at least once.
That was probably your big one.

Quite funny reading the Hawks trade thread.

"Josh Battle Is a Golden God, we are not worthy!"
were not worthy waynes world GIF

Some guy posts he's staying at the Saints.

"Josh Battle is a terrible player who has just given up the opportunity to play in the next ten premierships:
Climate Change Un GIF by MOODMAN
Not again!

1718347268864.png

No chance it happens this year imo, Carlton, GC and Brisbane have already been working on the assumption they'd just get those players for free, the AFL have to give further notice surely?
Why?

The system is broken. Fix it before the next draft

All Brisbane has done is work out it needs roughly X points from its currently top 10 pick

Yep, it's a good start for sure but they will make sure GC still get their boys somehow.
The article says they have 2 this year and 4 next.

They can still land them… providing they land picks in that round.

Absolutely fantastic outcome and should be brought in immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance it happens this year imo, Carlton, GC and Brisbane have already been working on the assumption they'd just get those players for free, the AFL have to give further notice surely?

It wont matter when they introduce it, it will affect clubs so they might as well bring it in this year.

Last edited:
I rate Henry but the claim was that he's been fantastic. His game against the Pies was fantastic. His latest form has been better but I would have him as alright more than fantastic.

I was the opposite, last year at Freo he had plenty of dominant games around 30 touches on a wing. He looked ready to become a star. We are obviously using him differently but he's been a a bit of a disappointment to me. His kicking is a bit messy but not disgraceful. Hopefully as he gets fitter he gets better because if he never improves on his current form he's a GOP.

You got it wrong - and that’s okay. 22 turning 23 in a few months.

Fantastic round 1 and 2. Massive lay off. Struggled to find his feet for a few weeks.
Good against the eagles.
Fantastic again last night.

We have a really really good one and people should be excited.

Why would he be bewildered? Seriously if this rampant incompetence and corruption is allowed to continue without changes this year, I am done.

I will not renew my membership, and will be writing to the club to explain why.

The AFL hold the STKFC members in contempt and think they will just rock up pay their $600 and not be allowed to compete for the top players.

If it is not changed I would encourage every STKFC financial member to consider not throwing your money after a competition that is openly contemptuous of you as a member. They arrogantly think that we are so into a cult that we will continue just to hand over our money when the drafting, trading, NGA's F/S, and the FIXture is stacked against us every year.

Had enough of being ridiculed by the likes of Ms North Melbourne Kane who puts together a submission while at North for free draft picks and then while at AFL approves it.

This is the definition of corruption and I wont finance it. Does it hurt the STKFC? Sorry if it does, but by withdrawing financial support is my only way of protest.

I will make our President know how I feel, its not the clubs fault, or his, but when the AFL corrupt the competition in plain sight and have their client media like Whately and Russell just boost anything the AFL tells them to, what else can we do?

Nas, windy, Owens and even phillipou would probably be ahead at equal stage of their careers
The graphic does a bit of a disservice to how good Dusty was early in a poor Richmond side. He kicked 33 goals averaging 22 touches in his second year, and had 18 Brownlow votes across his first 2 years. Those guys have 5 combined (Nas 4). Phillipou is in the VFL and rightly so.

Development is not linear but right now it's not even close and nor does it have to be - the bloke is a freak and one of the best to ever do it.

It’s a shame Hayden Young is signed until 2027. Stingrays boy, we like taking Freo players too. he’d be great.

I think todays VFL and last nights game are fairly good evidence our list still has long long way to go all over the park. We need elite mids and a number of key positional players before we are going to improve. I now think the media pundits were right about last year it was an anomoly and we performed well above where our list is positioned.

We had a terrible start to the year injury wise and are still without our best midfielder (who may not make it back). A number of players have fallen off a cliff Membrey, Ross and the kids are not doing as well as last year. They will all be very good players but they take time. We are covering for far too many B & C graders and until the kids come through we are going to keep treading water.

Lyon can coach he nearly got a B grade list a win against an now in form last years runner up, but he needs the players if we are to have any hope of reaching the pinacle under his watch.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back