List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No I rated him but didn't want to pay a FRDP for him. Very happy with that trade. I pointed out some of his flaws but never said I thought he was a bad target. I watched as many of his games as I could last year so I knew what I was talking about. He wasn't the finished article but he had some really high possession games. He's much better this year even though his numbers are down. His best games are much more damaging.
Henry has played one good game so far?

I rate Henry but the claim was that he's been fantastic. His game against the Pies was fantastic. His latest form has been better but I would have him as alright more than fantastic.

I was the opposite, last year at Freo he had plenty of dominant games around 30 touches on a wing. He looked ready to become a star. We are obviously using him differently but he's been a a bit of a disappointment to me. His kicking is a bit messy but not disgraceful. Hopefully as he gets fitter he gets better because if he never improves on his current form he's a GOP.

That's not what he actually said though. To me he adds to a pool of similar outside runners so as an individual he's not that exciting at the moment but what he adds in an extra wave could make that rebound line even stronger if we can fix all the other issues.

Henry probably makes it. Dow looks around Hunter Clark level. I’d hope we have him replaced by then. If King and Snags are all that’s left for the next challenge we should almost just ask to move to the NT, it’s a decade away at least.
funny what happens when players get time to find their feet after a massive hammy injury.

Also funny how much you sway with a game or two.

The talent ID to be fair has been on point since SOS came on board.

Maybe just relax and let it all play out. The entire Battle situation has been done to death and is out of our control

Battle and Caminiti are nothing alike. Hammer would take Dougal's spot as a KP defender. Battle is more Tom Stewart or Jake Lever. Ari would have to take his place.

It might work out long term but the best player around that pick is probably Trainor who is pretty much an 18 year old Battle. That's if we don't rise up the ladder and miss out on the already thin cream.

By the time the 18 year old mids can take control of the midfield Sinclair, Wilkie, Marshall, Steele, Wood, Howard, Hill and those guys will be ready to retire.

I'd say that in the mid career age bracket we have three best 22 players left and a few speculative ones. Battle, Snags and King best 22. Dow, Sharman, Clark, Paton, Byrnes, Bonner etc.

We probably lose a lot of depth this year. It sounds like Membrey, Paton, Ross types are probably on the way out and we get younger again. If we don't overachieve at the draft we are going to be in for a really long rebuild.
A very good mate of mine is young Trainor's Godfather, whatever the significance of that is in today's society, so we have been watching his career with interest. IMHO, to say he's a Josh Battle type is way off, Battle was a full forward at the same age and drafted pick 39 from memory, whilst Luke is an elite prospect and a couple of inches taller.

Battle has made himself into a reasonable defender, at age 26, so if the Saints can steal pick 5 or 6, I'd be pushing him out the door asap. From what I have heard, Doug will get a one year contract extension, whilst Membrey and Jones will not, with Seb Ross 50-50 with more VFL time than AFL time next year if he accepts that role. Then there are the obvious delistings like Allison etc.

To say the Saints are in for a long re-build is inaccurate in my opinion, they are always rebuilding! lol

A very good mate of mine is young Trainor's Godfather, whatever the significance of that is in today's society, so we have been watching his career with interest. IMHO, to say he's a Josh Battle type is way off, Battle was a full forward at the same age and drafted pick 39 from memory, whilst Luke is an elite prospect and a couple of inches taller.

Battle has made himself into a reasonable defender, at age 26, so if the Saints can steal pick 5 or 6, I'd be pushing him out the door asap. From what I have heard, Doug will get a one year contract extension, whilst Membrey and Jones will not, with Seb Ross 50-50 with more VFL time than AFL time next year if he accepts that role. Then there are the obvious delistings like Allison etc.

To say the Saints are in for a long re-build is inaccurate in my opinion, they are always rebuilding! lol
North will probably finish above west coast and take Trainor at pick 3

Great news Watto.

After leading to the shadows of the post, the Hawks stumbled as they stopped to leave a foundation stone for their new Dingley Dump whilst the Saints lunged for the tape

3ox6wbl.jpeg
I was absolutely counting on you Doc.....and praise the Lord....you have delivered.......in spades !!!!!!!!

Your artwork is........shall I say........spell binding.

:cool::cool::cool:

PS....LOVE the stickman.

You are on a piss take with Gringo aren’t you?

I’ll let the 2 of you enjoy your tea parties and doomsday theorising

Im amazed that intelligent people seem to lose there abilities to remain subjective when it comes to supporting the club and staff. Lyon has an almost 'cult like following' with no matter what people are shown contrary to their beliefs they simply wont accept it. All I have been suggesting over the past few weeks is that Lyon has deficiencies which have contributed to our season, and as a result I have been accused of being a troll. Its quite laughable really.

I am not a Lyon hater but I dont think he is the second coming either!

If he thought he had any chance of playing in a flag at the Saints, his child hood dreams would mean zip. Josh is still not 26yo and his footy will only improve for the next few years thats why Hawthorn are prepared to pay the $$$. IMO the club SOS & Gubby are playing a dangerous game believing they can afford to lose a player like Battle. If we do they had better absolutely nail the compensation pick they receive, otherwise they will have some very angry Saints supporters on their door steps.

Losing a very good player like Josh brings up all sorts of emotions for me, because I love seeing the guy run around for the Saints. He is one of my favourite players because he is so reliable and always has crack.
How are SOS and Gubby at fault in this situation.
Haven't we offered him what we think he is worth

Im amazed that intelligent people seem to lose there abilities to remain subjective when it comes to supporting the club and staff they follow. Lyon has an almost 'cult like following' with no matter what people are shown contrary to their beliefs they simply wont accept it. All I have been suggesting over the past few weeks is that Lyon has deficiencies which have contributed to our season, and as a result I have been accused of being a troll. Its quite laughable really.

So does every coach so why do you keep talking about it?

He certainly isn't the second coming(could land a one liner nut won't)

Not one Saints fan I know thought he would be.

Everyone quite simply thought RTB would come in.......sort the wheat from the chaff....and try and leave the list in the best possible shape for the next coach.

My best guess(there ordinary at the best of times) for the next coach.......his name rhythms with Corey Enright.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Everyone quite simply thought RTB would come in.......sort the wheat from the chaff....and try and leave the list in the best possible shape for the next coach.

My best guess(there ordinary at the best of times) for the next coach.......his name rhythms with Corey Enright.

So someone really experienced.....or not.
Great a guy who's only coached StKilda and only for a couple of years.

How are SOS and Gubby at fault in this situation.
Haven't we offered him what we think he is worth
Please read on Stavro explains how it is not their fault, which Im happy with.

So does every coach so why do you keep talking about it?
Noone is perfect Im not expecting him to be. But when his flaws are pointed out people keep making excuses for him. The more I hear and see of Lyon the less I am convinced he will acheive the ultimate sucess at our club. I think he is a very good defensive coach, a good orator who sells his product well, but there a major gaps in his armour which a lot cant see. What I will concede he has improved standards and expectations since he's arrived, but its obvious some players are questioning him also.

I think he will be best remembered for setting up the club again rather than winning anything.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im amazed that intelligent people seem to lose there abilities to remain subjective when it comes to supporting the club and staff. Lyon has an almost 'cult like following' with no matter what people are shown contrary to their beliefs they simply wont accept it. All I have been suggesting over the past few weeks is that Lyon has deficiencies which have contributed to our season, and as a result I have been accused of being a troll. Its quite laughable really.

I think you mean objective. Everything on this forum is subjective so ipso facto everyone remains subjective :D

Your evidence for things going wrong at the club and their being a questionable environment is… checks notes

Ahh here we go. We ****ed off this forums favourite under performers in Gresham and Billings and now Battle with strong family links to the Hawks is looking to go to them over North the Dees or the pies.

It has nothing to do with Ross. The environment at the club or list management.

When a player is in free agency. Sometimes this shit happens. Even if he was a restricted free agent - you do realise the outcome may not be panning out any different?

And like I said from the very beginning of the year when Mowman was still around. There will eventually be an acceptable return that we will just accept happily in the event Josh goes. We won’t over pay him to stay.

Who lost their shit? The only shit was how much we'd have to pay for him dealing with Freo.
We paid a future second rounder and got Adelaide's future second rounder in a trade swap with GWS on trade night.
So at worst, it is a one place pick in the second round for Henry this year.

So if the amount we had to pay for him to Freo was shit, it was very very constipated.

Your evidence for things going wrong at the club and their being a questionable environment is… checks notes

Ahh here we go. We ****ed off this forums favourite under performers in Gresham and Billings and now Battle with strong family links to the Hawks is looking to go to them over North the Dees or the pies.

When a player is in free agency. Sometimes this shit happens. Even if he was a restricted free agent - you do realise the outcome may not be panning out any different?

And like I said from the very beginning of the year when Mowman was still around. There will eventually be an acceptable return that we will just accept happily in the event Josh goes. We won’t over pay him to stay.

Fair enough I wont take the Battle discussion any further...

Last edited:

Maurie Bentight????

ffs...bloke couldnt coach a dog from a cage from what i hear

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So someone really experienced.....or not.
Great a guy who's only coached StKilda and only for a couple of years.

Really isn't that hard to google

'Enright joined Geelong's coaching team for the 2017 season, beginning as a development coach before becoming an assistant coach and helping Geelong reach finals in each year of his tenure. Ahead of the 2022 season, Enright joined St Kilda as an assistant coach'

Mowmans has told me that we are pushing him out?

I'm also intrigued, what do you mean by Battles families ties with Hawks?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back