List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Riley Beveridge also linked us to Matt Owies from the Blues.

I understand why we could be interested, considering he's basically been Carlton's third best goal scorer over the past couple of years and it out-of-contract. We had interest in Stengle, so this could be a low-cost option.
Interesting maybe there is a cap squeeze at IKON park, he would be handy as he seems to kick 2 goals a game.

Got an interesting thought. If we get band one for battle would I be worth giving that to Gold Coast for there two early first round pick? They need to get ahead of the Lombard pick who would be right around our pick. I think it would be 8 and 12. So we go to the draft with 4/5 8 and 12 but loose battle

Got an interesting thought. If we get band one for battle would I be worth giving that to Gold Coast for there two early first round pick? They need to get ahead of the Lombard pick who would be right around our pick. I think it would be 8 and 12. So we go to the draft with 4/5 8 and 12 but loose battle
We should do this with pick 5 yes. And then bid on Lombard at pick 4.

We should do this with pick 5 yes. And then bid on Lombard at pick 4.
dodoro GIF by AFL

Good way to end up like this.

Collard set to sign on for 2 more years(gettable twomey)
Wow, been talk about him getting pressure from family to go home.
Understandable, apparently from a lower socio economic area.
It just underlines how the AFL corrupting the NGA so last draft four non indigenous Suns players got stay at home with family while an 18 y.o first nations NGA WCE player couldn't be bid on and had to leave his family 4000 ks away.
The AFL has discriminated against an indigenous kid. They pay corporate lip service to our first nations with welcome to country and indigenous round, NAIDOC etc, but enshrine rules that are discrimatory.

Did they intend this to happen? No. But it shows the short sighted, narrow thinking that chasing the corporate $$$ does and it's unintended thoughtless consequences.

Collard is lucky he went to a club that has a strong indigenous presence, leadership, and support. He could have ended at Hawthorn or other less accommodating clubs.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, been talk about him getting pressure from family to go home.
Understandable, apparently from a lower socio economic area.
It just underlines how the AFL corrupting the NGA so last draft four non indigenous Suns players got stay at home with family while an 18 y.o first nations NGA WCE player couldn't be bid on and had to leave his family 4000 ks away.
The AFL has discriminated against an indigenous kid. They pay corporate lip service to our first nations with welcome to country and indigenous round, NAIDOC etc, but enshrine rules that are discrimatory.

Did they intend this to happen? No. But it shows the short sighted, narrow thinking that chasing the corporate $$$ does and it's unintended thoughtless consequences.

Collard is lucky he went to a club that has a strong indigenous presence, leadership, and support. He could have ended at Hawthorn or other less accommodating clubs.

God people are "making up" a lot of crap about Collard.

Good for him! With all the talk he'd already booked his ticket back to Perth, it's good to see he wants to stay. Says a lot about the environment we are creating.

Now let's focus on him improving as a player.
Great news as far as I'm concerned.

My understanding is that Lance is "happy as Larry" at Rsea.

I'm confident that he'll get to be the player we have expectations for.....but of course there's no guarantees.

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again but Auntie Katrina is doing an absolutely fantastic job at Rsea.

Your spot on re the environment BT.

Wish we had 5 of her......she's a walking dynamo.

Our support systems are very strong and equally impressive.

Kudos to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God people are "making up" a lot of crap about Collard.
What part is crap?
That Collard is indigenous?
That he comes from a low socio economic part of Perth?
That 4 non indigenous Suns NGA's got to stay at home but a WCE NGA indigenous could not stay at home because WCE were not allowed to match?

Because none of that is crap it is all absolute fact.

So the only thing that could be crap was their was pressure from home. Now that is not fact only rumour, have heard from two sources, still doesn't make it fact though.

Please elaborate.

Our support systems are very strong and equally impressive.

Kudos to the club.
Yup. Club brought all of Liam Henry's family over pre season. Had a chat to his dad, reckon Liam comes from a pretty good family, except his dad is a Pies supporter

Thank goodness trout is no longer there. Dalrymple gives me some hope for our future drafting efforts.
people will be right to point to this but given how important battle is, i'd love to have seen some runs on the board and some form before we took this risk.

oh well :(

What part is crap?
That Collard is indigenous?
That he comes from a low socio economic part of Perth?
That 4 non indigenous Suns NGA's got to stay at home but a WCE NGA indigenous could not stay at home because WCE were not allowed to match?

Because none of that is crap it is all absolute fact.

So the only thing that could be crap was their was pressure from home. Now that is not fact only rumour, have heard from two sources, still doesn't make it fact though.

Please elaborate.

The whole drama they've been talking about all week, all fabricated.
None of those things you stated as absolute fact are up for debate.
The racist bit you mentioned is kind of a long bow though.

I might be wrong here, but isn't Collars already signed on for 2 more years because he is technically a first rounder? Don't first rounders now get three years as standard or did I just make that up??

The whole drama they've been talking about all week, all fabricated.
None of those things you stated as absolute fact are up for debate.
The racist bit you mentioned is kind of a long bow though.
Like King, like Steele, just rumours.

The racist thing was not on purpose but just showed how incompetent, lazy and poorly thought out these NGA legups gor the charity cheat booster clubs are.

Which any way it is cut and dices, an indigenous kid was disadvantaged compared to 4 non indigenous kids purely because of where he lived.
The definition of discrimination.

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back