List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He has gone forward a number of times and kicked goals

He has been improving lots
Yes Sammm , I know as I have been watching him all year , I have no problem with him going forward but its his rucking craft he needs to work on which you don't get much of that in the goal square

While that’s true, given we may be the only team with 2 inside 10, I reckon we’ll be more likely to want to trade a high pick than anyone else in the top 10. And yes they could trade out their picks into the later point in the draft or into the first round next year. But our option would give them 2 top 10 picks this year which would have to be very attractive. Add to that Botts suggestion of threatening an early bid

This is the team that paid the Cats a first round draft pick to take a player off their hands. Who knows what they deem attractive.

In my mind, this is the order that should happen in terms of leaving the club, either by delisting/retiring or trade.

1- Allison

2- Daylight

3- jones
4-Ross
5-Hayes
6-membrey
7-hotton
8-mclennan
9-Byrnes
10-stocker
You cant say Byrnes on here mate , they will lynch you
PS , Im with you , lets see how he goes this week

I wonder if drafting Taj Hotton could help Olli get the best out of himself. Same thing happened with Josh Daicos when Nick came in. Would make splitting one of our picks all the more valuable

In my mind, this is the order that should happen in terms of leaving the club, either by delisting/retiring or trade.

1- Allison

2- Daylight

3- jones
4-Ross
5-Hayes
6-membrey
7-hotton
8-mclennan
9-Byrnes
10-stocker
I think you’re being a bit harsh on Daylight there. Might be worth persisting with for a bit longer.

1- Allison

2- Daylight

3- jones
4-Ross
5-Hayes
6-membrey
7-hotton
8-mclennan
9-Byrnes
10-stocker
I'm generally supportive of whoever is on our list, but the staggering thing about Allison is just how unlikely he's looked from start to finish (well, to now anyway). Except for that one game where the girl commentating observed that he happened to be in the right place at the right time a bunch of times. Whatever the opposite of the "eye of the tiger" is, that's what he's got - "eye of the doe" I guess.

I'm generally supportive of whoever is on our list, but the staggering thing about Allison is just how unlikely he's looked from start to finish (well, to now anyway). Except for that one game where the girl commentating observed that he happened to be in the right place at the right time a bunch of times. Whatever the opposite of the "eye of the tiger" is, that's what he's got - "eye of the doe" I guess.

Totally agree, he looks and runs like tarzan its a shame he doesnt play like that. One of our least likely recruits in modern history to get an extension under Gallagher. I cant fathom ever drafting him, he was a terrible decision all round basically.

Last edited:
Trainor is an attacking tall back who you imagine would be a Wilkie replacement. Basically if we lose Battle and Howard this year we will have Wilkie and maybe Butts or even Cordy as our tall backs. Ari plays the interceptor role that Battle plays.

Wilkie is 28 so probably has 4 years before he's ready to retire or at least seriously slowing down. They probably do need to think about the future but Battle would have been one of the few players still in the side when those guys do retire. Big gamble.
The height of idiocy to lose both Howard if we lose Battle would take some beating.
The absolute stupidity of it would actually be awe inspiring.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He hasn’t even debuted yet how could you know that for sure
And we won't know for certain if we don't play him. Neophobia. I don't understand selecting Campbell over Heath and Jones over Garcia.
Just blood all the kids, we play better with them anyway like last week's match.

And we won't know for certain if we don't play him. Neophobia. I don't understand selecting Campbell over Heath and Jones over Garcia.
Just blood all the kids, we play better with them anyway like last week's match.
Well Campbell isn't in the team

I've said repeatedly that Garcia needs to develop midfield craft in the VFL, how is he gonna do that as AFL sub or playing forward pocket? He's certainly not replacing Steele Pou Clark Sinc

McLennan is what position though? He's sort of an accountable marking HB but not overly tall. A short third tall back? He doesn't seem to be a runner and more a stay on his player and intercept type to me. Ari looks like the long term Battle replacement and not sure where McLennan fits in. Do you think he's taking Webster's spot when he retires?

Jagga looks one of the few that will more than likely to be a gun so I think he probably does go before we get a go at him. Lalor and Reid are both a similar level IMO. Both just off the absolute best players. Once the Champs are over we should have a much better idea of where they all sit. Even guys like Gross and Langford could push up into that range.

Trainor looks better than a lot of the mids we have been talking about. It will shit me if we take a tall but as long as we pick up a mid with our second pick I guess it works out.
How does Trainor rank as a key back? Any similar recent KPBs?

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Trainor rank as a key back? Any similar recent KPBs?

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's quite attacking, he goes for a run and uses his good kicking to distribute. Probably a bit like how Battle plays. Gets lots of ball and will come up to meet it. He looks a good player. He's the grandson of Doug Wade who was a legendary key forward. It's a shame that he's not playing at the other end of the ground.

Wasn't having a crack at him at all mate and apologies if it game across like that. Very grateful for his contribution to Aboriginals. I am referring to clubs like Hawthorn that he mentioned who believe that they know what is right for Aboriginals. Apologies to Sunshine Sainter if it caused any offence. Would actually be very interested in what it is that you do. Have deleted my post so not tp cause any issues.
Didn't read as currently semi-retired and travelling overseas with my wife. In Dili, Timor-Leste waiting for our car to clear customs (Monday) so we can drive around here and then to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and onwards. Thank god for Starlink, Kayo and Big Footy our AFL addiction can continue to be fed.

Have thick skin so wouldn't have offended me. My comment on Hawthorn was that they think they know what is best for others, rather than actually finding out what people really want. The family club "Hawthorn" are the biggest bloody hypocrites in the league. End of rant.

Wasn't having a crack at him at all mate and apologies if it game across like that. Very grateful for his contribution to Aboriginals. I am referring to clubs like Hawthorn that he mentioned who believe that they know what is right for Aboriginals. Apologies to Sunshine Sainter if it caused any offence. Would actually be very interested in what it is that you do. Have deleted my post so not tp cause any issues.

PS And just saw your comment, as it was quoted elsewhere and you are absolutely correct in that it should be Aboriginal people, advising on Aboriginal matters. I spent the best part of two decades in this area and firmly believe that our role was one of making ourselves redundant. I am happily long retired from this area now for many years and see many positives moving forwards.

The Saints are to be applauded for our First Nations welfare staff member and all that they do behind the scenes there. Brisbane when under Robert Walls came to Darwin and spent a weekend with me. Their plan was to make Brisbane the destination club for every Aboriginal player in the league. They wanted to do everything possible to not only better cater for their own draftees, but to set themselves up with the huge advantage of being the destination club for Aboriginal players. It is not unrealistic to think that the Saints could do this now to better cater for their First Nations players and to become a destination club, for those who aren't settled, don't feel at home, or just want to be part of the Saints story.

These days just an interested bystander, making random, slanderous and ill-informed comments lol. Once again no offence caused, as you are absolutely correct in what you said.

If you misrepresent what I say you sound like an idiot. I've never said Ross Lyon should be sacked. I have said he should be held to exactly the same standard as any other coach. If he can't perform to a level that's expected he will and should come under pressure no different to him being Ratts or Adam Simpson.

This list is a partially built list with a very good senior crew and promising youth. We are in a similar build level to clubs like Essendon, Freo, Port etc. We should be in the sides sitting between probably 5th to 13th range. Obviously had injury to two areas with no injury cover so he gets let off for this year but by next year he'd want to start to move forward. He';ll get an easier fixture and the youth will be another year advanced. He should have a very clear idea of what players he needs to fill holes.

If we start losing players and go backwards he needs to go like any other coach. We have been hitting the draft which is why we have a huge group under 22. The way you get better quickly is to have those youth come on like Phillipou did last week. If Owens, Phillipou and Wilson come on fast and guys like Garcia, Schoenmaker and Hastie start to rise all of a sudden you have pressure for spots and surge. We'll get another top pick this year for our shit year and hopefully we won't have access to another high pick for ten years.
That assumes development of all those under 22 kids is linear and so next year we automatically go forward because ….thats what happens with linear progression
Problem with that theory…it’s BS as Lyon said when describing Pou in his latest presser …he’ll go backwards..forwards etc for a while yet
That “5-13” list has a 1 paced bottom 4 midfield- it’s nowhere near top 4 …that’s the real measure ….finishing 8th is a waste of time /making up numbers
A soft draw sugar hit like Bombers have this year does us no favours just so you can feel good about our future for 1 year …
We’ve danced around fixing these list holes for 10 years - I’m not interested in 1 year sugar hits ….im keen to see us finally be smart and amass sone younger elite talent preferably mids…
Anyhoo I’ve not read anyone on here suggest Lyon and coaching group shouldn’t be held to account. That’s just a lame excuse to criticise the coach who is not even a full 2 years into the gig yet
Lyon will get his 4 years and so he should then the club decides

Well Campbell isn't in the team

I've said repeatedly that Garcia needs to develop midfield craft in the VFL, how is he gonna do that as AFL sub or playing forward pocket? He's certainly not replacing Steele Pou Clark Sinc
Probably initially, it will forward pocket pinch hitting in middle, mixed in with dedicated mid role at Sandy.

Eye of the prey.......

While I think you’re right and I may be operating with wishful thinking we would very much have the upper hand in the negotiation. I’m sure they rather get 5/6 and their player vs 9 and their player (if the bid likely comes before their first pick).
Suns have another potential 4 Academy kids next year(2025), so I wouldn't be surprised to see them split one of those picks into future picks

people will be right to point to this but given how important battle is, i'd love to have seen some runs on the board and some form before we took this risk.

oh well :(
Good point. I have some experience of Simon's expertise, so I guess I'm biased. What little I do know of him does make me confident we've made a good move.

Then again, Toce looks to have done a reasonable job over the last few years. I suppose only time will tell.

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back