2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy but I reckon nas ends up better than winmar.
There's naturally a long long way to play out with Nas's career but he'd have to have an absolute eye popping career to surpass Nicky's career.

But....you never know.

Nas's kicking at times is absolutely sublime.

Who could forget that time in 2022 against Norf at Marvel when he marked at the foward flank....was giving Big Maxy a signal with his middle finger to lead.

Maxy duly led....marked and slotted the goal from a tight angle.

The replay showed that Nas had threaded that pass thru a forest of players.

Incredible.

Some of the "screamers" that Nicky took on the grandstand side of the ground at Moorabbin will be etched in my memory forever.

Who could forget that time in 2022 against Norf at Marvel when he marked at the foward flank....was giving Big Maxy a signal with his middle finger to lead.

Incredible.

Just for you Watto

JCkPfq8.gif

I really like the look of Murphy Reid, but the time has gone that we get a high half forward and hope he becomes a midfielder.
We really need to go for outright mids.

When they said Lalor looked like a Stringer type, that frightened me a little bit.

Who thinks that Lalor is like a 17 year old girl?

Just for you Watto

JCkPfq8.gif
Doc....you've made my night with that clip.

Thanks so much.

I was only thinking of this piece of play on Sat night when Nas was humming around Marvel like a Rolls Royce.

I remember this piece of play so well as people around me were babbling like idiots as to what they had just seen.

I also remember thinking straight after the above that maybe Nas and Big Maxy could develop an "understanding" like Plugger and Nicky had......and their understanding was surreal.

How good would that be in the years ahead.

I've watched your clip about 20 times in the last 2 mins.

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never argued otherwise. He's absolutely an elite level player but I don't regard him as a star. Don't even know if N Daicos is yet but probably the heir apparent for the next crop coming through and right on that border.

I don't think he quite transcends the sport yet which is where I have the "stars". At the ned of the day it's semantics. I think when they say "Saints Star Jimmy Webster suspended" it makes them sound like ****ing idiots. He's a good player but star is a very exclusive club as far as I'm concerned.

Players get called all kind of superlatives these days....gun, star, superstar, legend and half the time they are barely even top 10 in their side . The same people probably want participation awards for kids that finish last.

I’ve seen some silly things on here, but making an argument over Neale not being a ‘star’ is one of them. This would be like saying Lenny Hayes wasn’t one. Pointless.

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

There's naturally a long long way to play out with Nas's career but he'd have to have an absolute eye popping career to surpass Nicky's career.

But....you never know.

Incredible.

Some of the "screamers" that Nicky took on the grandstand side of the ground at Moorabbin will be etched in my memory forever.
Took one on the wing against Essendon that’s etched on my memory, I loved Moorabbin.

Took one on the wing against Essendon that’s etched on my memory, I loved Moorabbin.
That mark is the greatest hanger I've ever seen live. 1987, only Nicky's 11th game with the club. He was a star from the moment he arrived at Moorabbin. It was breathtaking. It's such a pity there was limited coverage of our games in those days. There is a video of it somewhere I've seen. Not great quality. If the shadow of the stand didn't get in the way, and the video quality was better, it would have gone down as one of the best ever and seen much more often.

It was also on a video done by the club that year with the Johnny Farnaham fronting, Little River Band song "Playing To Win" as the soundtrack. Winmar also kicks an amazing goal on his left to the South Rd end on that video if my memories correct.

Would love someone to post it if they have a copy.

EDIT
Footage of the actual mark is in this clip. Plugger also kicks 9 in this game.

That mark is the greatest hanger I've ever seen live. 1987, only Nicky's 11th game with the club. He was a star from the moment he arrived at Moorabbin. It was breathtaking. It's such a pity there was limited coverage of our games in those days. There is a video of it somewhere I've seen. Not great quality. If the shadow of the stand didn't get in the way, and the video quality was better, it would have gone down as one of the best ever and seen much more often.

J7ltXZl.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been non stop: "You NEED to do a Jack Ough video", "When are we getting your Jack Ough video", "Stop stealing my parking spot Jack Ough". So here it is, and if it gets my channel banned I'm blaming you all.

It's been non stop: "You NEED to do a Jack Ough video", "When are we getting your Jack Ough video", "Stop stealing my parking spot Jack Ough". So here it is, and if it gets my channel banned I'm blaming you all.

Jesus, he looks really good. Hadn't noticed him but he'd suit us. What range is he meant to go at?

Jesus, he looks really good. Hadn't noticed him but he'd suit us. What range is he meant to go at?
I think he'll be a later pick just due to the depth of the pool. He's a really nice size, but leans outside and isn't super quick. Really solid overhead.

He has potential to move up though, just started playing more inside mid rather than wing so if he can keep up his form and show a bit in there things might shift.

Interesting that Cole got an invite. Do you need more than one club to nominate you?

You can apply or be nominated, to get accepted then yes either you need to fullfill certain aspects (I got accredited in being a literal badarse GI Joe with footy talent, here's my forms) or have multiple clubs (last check was 5) agreeing that you should attend for the testing.

As noted in the article you linked to, if you lack certain things or if people are iffy on you, then you get punted to state testing instead of league testing, so this is more an initial check of who in the least has a bit of eyes their way at present, to see who fronts up at the combine to then progress to having many chats with actual clubs to then have "yeah maybe 2nd round" sort of inklings.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back