List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is NOTHING that suggests Parker wants to leave.

Macrae is also barely getting a game at the dogs at this point and would cost more as he is younger without the injury issues

Surely you would rather pay for something you can use. Why buy a broken down car to leave it in the driveway?

I'd say we did more in the last 2 years at the draft with picks 18 and 10 than most of the previous 20 years. Even Schoenmaker and Garcia look better than a lot of our high picks.

Adelaide did more taking Jordan Dawson and Rankine than all their drafting with high picks. Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney have been creative and barely been out of finals for decades.

Getting drafting right, targeting high end players and looking around alternative pathways will get you up the ladder quicker than finding a few extra high picks. 2 high picks likely take 3 to 5 years to get to a point where they are at high output. At that point all our old guys are going backwards or gone and we are still rebuilding.

If you are sending one good player out hoping to get an upgrade you are unlikely to send the needle significantly forward. I don't rate Geelong or Collingwood the best lists but they were the best sides with the best system in their premiership years. We need a fit solid midfield and forward line to step forward and keep trying to pick off high end players. We are more likely to attract good FAs by looking close than bottoming out and offering big dollars.

thereis one issue with your rankine and dawson analogy....they both requested trades back home to Adelaide.

asyou have stated over and over,wedo t have that luxury, we HAVE to use the draft

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we are doing it to help Essendon manage their cap? I honestly can't see any benefit for St Kilda. Are they giving us a pick to salary dump him?
They clearly feel like he will contribute Gringo.

Really this has been done to death. Just see what Happens and if he does come - we can lose our minds together if we overpay

Surely you would rather pay for something you can use. Why buy a broken down car to leave it in the driveway?
I would rather have a massive draft hand in a draft like this.

So Shiel Macrae etc don’t really do anything for me unless they cost minimal.

Because based on his last 6 weeks of football he presents as a better option than Ross and there are some serious queries on Crouch returning right now.

Irrespective of this boards perception of Shiel, he is still averaging 25 disposals in the last 3 weeks at AFL level. He is probably slower than his pomp but he still exited front of stoppage from watching Friday night. He still managed to find the football okay - even with some moments he probably would want back.

I’m not talking him up as a star. I think as a footballer he is more valuable than some of our older heads and that’s how I’m viewing it.

If it cost more than a lollie wrapper I’d be fuming.

100% understand where you are coming from and yes he may be selected ahead of others, if he was in the team right now.

But from my perspective I would want to build a champion team, not a team of champions. Not sure he will be in that window at his age or would be of huge benefit to young players coming through.

Looking forward to the melts if we don’t increase our offer to Battle and he walks, but we take Oliver’s contract as a salary dump
And Shiel...a billion for one year of floggish injury riddled uselessness, and then off to drink as many coke's as he wants, as he twaddles off into the sunset without a care in the world 😆

100% understand where you are coming from and yes he may be selected ahead of others, if he was in the team right now.

But from my perspective I would want to build a champion team, not a team of champions. Not sure he will be in that window at his age or would be of huge benefit to young players coming through.
He isn’t coming for the future.

He would be coming to support the youth we have. We can’t just throw them all in.

Need to balance the process.

Looking forward to the melts if we don’t increase our offer to Battle and he walks, but we take Oliver’s contract as a salary dump
Let’s be honest. If Oliver was 70% of the player he has been prior to this season - next year.

He will be better than Battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn’t coming for the future.

He would be coming to support the youth we have. We can’t just throw them all in.

Need to balance the process.

Not that he is the same person, buy many people have issues with Hannebery like players coming to the club. I understand the salary costs are minimal but it also reminds me of the Carlton crew in the 80's.

In one sentence the club says a focus on youth, the next one is we need older players.

I like the idea of Oliver, I don't like the idea of Shiel.

Superb detective work there PG.

Impressive........to say the least.

Josh is looking a million bucks in his Haileybury blazer.

You'd think he would have wound the window up driving down the sweeping driveway at the front of the college.

Image all the s*** flying his way driving a car like that at his age.......and just after being drafted.

:) :) :)
Freshly licensed driver, I don't think they are allowed to drive an SS, thinking it was the more humble S model....😉

Not that he is the same person, buy many people have issues with Hannebery like players coming to the club. I understand the salary costs are minimal but it also reminds me of the Carlton crew in the 80's.

In one sentence the club says a focus on youth, the next one is we need older players.

I like the idea of Oliver, I don't like the idea of Shiel.
And simultaneously everyone wants the great draft picks but won’t want to trade them for players.

I think you can understand the juggling act with managing a list and supporters expectations around it.

You and I see it differently. As long as we keep our great picks and pay absolutely minimal draft assets. I couldn’t care less about Shiel or Macrae or Stephen Powell for a year or two.

They are senior players who will support the hopefully excellent kids we will have coming through

Unless Allison kicks another bag or two before the end of the year, I pray to god that we don't offer him another contract off the back of 2 decent games over a 4 year period. I'd rather try our luck with a tall with our second round pick, like a Faull, shanahan, Whitlock etc

I would rather have a massive draft hand in a draft like this.

So Shiel Macrae etc don’t really do anything for me unless they cost minimal.

If Shiel was on our list , and someone asked me to choose who to delist at the end of the year, Shiel would be amongst them , using the same logic people use for Membrey, Ross, Hayes, Jones etc.

why would it? clubs can retain any player they want.. hence the trend of 7 year deals when their cap is tight.

its not a blank cheque either.

by all accounts its at most a 200k difference. its hardly going to stop us re-signing whom ever we want too. if it is we have much larger issues at play.

if your take away from the 10+ post on it is "give battle a blank cheque", i'm not surprised you can't understand it. it appears reading compression is about as natural to you as taking pick 1 to the draft for list management committee of Trout/Libba/Ameet and Finnis.
"reading compression"

Love a good self own while trying to bag someone else's intellect.

At the risk of dragging this out longer... where do you get your $200k from? Per year? That's another $1.2m you're throwing at a bloke who is replaceable & also at the cost of a top 5 pick.

Not sure that's good business at all.

This was true gringo2011... good pick-up.

giphy.gif
Would have been absolutely perfect for us on field.

Sadly he was an absolute cretin off field.

Unless Allison kicks another bag or two before the end of the year, I pray to god that we don't offer him another contract off the back of 2 decent games over a 4 year period. I'd rather try our luck with a tall with our second round pick, like a Faull, shanahan, Whitlock etc
And wait for them to come good in 4 years and when they arent dominating AFL level repeat the process? Talls take longer and if the club see something with Alison then why not give him one more year? They've put 4 years into his development, so doesn't really make sense to boot him now that he's starting to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back