List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the last part of it on the radio, unsure who was talking but they stated some clubs came knocking last year and we said no.

They believe this year might be different.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we did that, no Crouch and Steele, there would be no support for the young guys in the middle.
We'd be like Melbourne with Trengove and Scully.

Just heard the last part of it on the radio, unsure who was talking but they stated some clubs came knocking last year and we said no.

They believe in a year where we have less midfield depth than ever that we'd be willing to let our only good mid and captain leave?

Sounds like nonsense.

Saints are willing to let jack Steele go for the right price.

If we were going to do it last year was the time with Melbourne having a couple of early picks. I reckon they would’ve quickly given up those picks for Steele so they can play Petracca forward more and that was before Brayshaw had to retire. They’ll have a red hot crack at him this year but I can’t see us trading him.

They believe in a year where we have less midfield depth than ever that we'd be willing to let our only good mid and captain leave?

Sounds like nonsense.

Complete tripe
It’s true. But ill reframe it.

Been something I’ve mentioned in PM.

STEELE …. Would be open to another move, at the right club.

THE CLUB …. Will consider the right deal and nothing less.

Additional layer to what I heard.

Melbourne wanted to talk to us about an Oliver for Steele swap. I don’t believe we had an interest in that specific deal.

For those who keep suggesting Will Phillips, hope you are watching Norf vs Cats. Just such a bloody terrible kick he would shave years off the lifespans of Saints fans

I was keen on him but lost interest since he got back in. He was a potential real cheapy but now he's getting games he looks ordinary and not going to come as cheap. Paddy Dow is a similar type. We probably want someone a bit higher end now.

Melbourne wanted to talk to us about an Oliver for Steele swap. I don’t believe we had an interest in that specific deal.
Good grief. We’re in no position to game on an Oliver

Oliver plus their first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver plus their first?
I don’t know what it would look like. But it wouldn’t be straight up.

And can I just say. It’s highly speculative. To pull a move like letting Steele go. Would have So many hoops to jump through.

So, if you’re asking if I think it’s likely. No it’s not.

But it’s not a “new” piece of information

Sounds like nonsense.
Even more so, apparently we are letting him go for a late first pick.
This happens on the proviso that whoever takes him allows us to pay his entire salary and they Lube us enough so when we bend over it is not too painful.
I heard the discussion, they are basing this on what may have happened last year.

So, so far, Battle, Steele, and Howard gone. Challenging in 2030's?

The s.hit spoken is ludicrous.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just to add to the ludicrous nature of the talk on SEN, they said in the Oliver deal, the club trading for him, would need to give at least a second rounder.
These people are dart throwers. Steele is contracted to 2027, we gunna give up a contracted player who is captain and admired at the club for peanuts?

And a right deal would be two firsts with one being top 10 and Oliver for Steele. That is barely minimum for a club that has no midfielders, and are losing Crouch, Ross and keeping Jones?
A ridiculous suggestion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Needs to lose the captaincy as soon as possible. Wilkie the obvious choice you’d think. God our leadership has been an absolute nightmare for a long time.

It blows my mind how ill informed and illogical some of the journalists/media types are. They struggle to understand basic facts or use common sense when it comes to contract situations or potential trades.

Case in point the discussion in the media last year about st kilda chasing Shiel and how the deal would look. I.e The Saints giving our Gresham compo to Ess for Shiel.

And then in the aftermath to report it as St Kilda missing out on Shiel

I reckon we hear this every year, I think it's because of his laconic style that people think he's unsettled but then year after year he gets selected as the captain.

I love your info mate but I reckon this one is well wide of the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back