List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago when he was this boards love child I was saying that. Absolute butcher. Never wanted that bloke.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's always been a very average kick but would be one of the better mids for kicking goals. He's an excellent inside extractor and contested ball winner. He's quite fast too.

If you're waiting for a goldilocks target you'll wait for ever. His biggest downside is how injured he's been since moving to the Tigers.

So on Steele does anyone think the rumors have legs? Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire 🔥
Ten years ago this was true. Now the media reacts to even the most vague of rumours and run with them. You cannot take them as having any sort of legs until you hear from them or their management.

He’ll be 27 when next season kicks off and there’s no way in hell I’m giving up a first rounder for him. It’s Richmond’s problem let it stay that way, Clanger king on big coin.

Definitely not wanting to give up a high pick for him just because of his injury history. He's good enough though. The idea that he's not a quality player is wrong. He seems to miss more games than he plays and for a guy who's pace sets him apart that's not ideal. He's a better version of Dylan Shiel.

When you look at our recent trading it's usually only after a good season that we've been able to attract decent names.

Our midfield needs the injection of a gun. Guys like LDU and Brayshaw are free agents next year but they're only going to come if we're a top eight side.

In this way we're stuck a bit between a rock and a hard place. We need to make a move up the ladder with the pieces we have to add better pieces.

When you look at our recent trading it's usually only after a good season that we've been able to attract decent names.

Our midfield needs the injection of a gun. Guys like LDU and Brayshaw are free agents next year but they're only going to come if we're a top eight side.

In this way we're stuck a bit between a rock and a hard place. We need to make a move up the ladder with the pieces we have to add better pieces.

And if we lose Crouch, ( and wtf is going on with Steele ) , we'll need people like Macrae or Shiel to do that.

We need more than a decent name - we need a midfield gun.

It’s just unlikely at present. They all signed this year. It’s looking similar next year.

Go back to the draft needs to be the plan. We only get one shot at doing this the right way before Tassie comes in and the draft is a wasteland for the next few years.

It’s just unlikely at present. They all signed this year. It’s looking similar next year.

Go back to the draft needs to be the plan. We only get one shot at doing this the right way before Tassie comes in and the draft is a wasteland for the next few years.
Need to nail the draft no doubt but at some point we have to trade in a gun don't we? Or ideally a free agent. They generally do seem to sign on though unfortunately

Prestia was B&F in a premiership side.
He's now a podgy turnover merchant who has the calves of a 50 year old.

His game on Saturday was one of the worst 28 disposal games you'll ever see.

Shiel (who I don't not want us to go near) would be a much, much better option than the expanding human meatball.

Need to nail the draft no doubt but at some point we have to trade in a gun don't we? Or ideally a free agent. They generally do seem to sign on though unfortunately
Do you think we are in a position right now to burn draft assets?

Because I certainly don’t.

We don’t have enough top end youth.

Don’t be caught up in what and where you want us to be next year.

Brisbane are right now the premiership favourite. They are also landing the number 1 pick in the draft … AGAIN.

The swans are loaded with top end talent. Freo is and has picks to burn.

Ports midfield talent is light years ahead of ours. Covers a piss poor defence and a forward line that has the corpse of Charlie Dixon in it.

Do you think we are in a position right now to burn draft assets?

Because I certainly don’t.

We don’t have enough top end youth.

Don’t be caught up in what and where you want us to be next year.

Brisbane are right now the premiership favourite. They are also landing the number 1 pick in the draft … AGAIN.

The swans are loaded with top end talent. Freo is and has picks to burn.

Ports midfield talent is light years ahead of ours. Covers a piss poor defence and a forward line that has the corpse of Charlie Dixon in it.
I'm more talking about landing free agents. Has to be a part of the plan at some point. Definitely don't want us burning high draft picks that can't be the plan right now, I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not wanting to give up a high pick for him just because of his injury history. He's good enough though. The idea that he's not a quality player is wrong. He seems to miss more games than he plays and for a guy who's pace sets him apart that's not ideal. He's a better version of Dylan Shiel.
I rate him just not highly enough for various reasons to cough up a first rounder.

Completely agree. I’m sick to death of trying to half remain competitive and pissing away a decade. This is our last shot a proper restump for years to come.

Completely agree. I’m sick to death of trying to half remain competitive and pissing away a decade. This is our last shot a proper restump for years to come.
Problem is that the current climate means that if you miss the opportunity to trade out some good players at the end of your previous run, you can't get enough goodies at the draft to get you back up again.
We've been stuck in the vally of death and we have to hope our drafting acumen is going to be the difference maker or we'll have to go full Norff Melbourne after Tassie's draft concessions normalise.
Get it wrong and we may as well pack up camp for the next decade.

I'm more talking about landing free agents. Has to be a part of the plan at some point. Definitely don't want us burning high draft picks that can't be the plan right now, I agree.
Yeah and I agree.

But landing one is very hard. You can’t rely on planning
I know we had a few out who would make us better.

But I’m seriously deflated after yesterday. It was a real genuine, wtf are we doing moment.

Love Battle. Love Steele.

But Battle was probably our best. Had it 24 times.

Yet Andrews impact was so much greater from his 18 touches.

Steele is a shadow of the 2020/21 AA.

I just don’t want to go down this road where we try and make finals with half the talent of everyone else.

Yeah we might blow the picks. But right now it’s like running on a hamster wheel. We know our ceiling. We need more than 1 good first rounder each year.

I’d seriously let Battle go. Trade Steele.

Bring in both Shiel and Macrae for more senior support and I’d absolutely do my due diligence on Oliver if a first rounder is attached.

We have to go all in on a draft. Tassie is coming and if we keep the path we are on, we will sink when Tassie dilutes the draft.

Yes, it is part of the plan. In 2026, we'll start trading for stars after we attack the draft from 23-25. Bassett has said this countless numbers of times

Yeah and I agree.

But landing one is very hard. You can’t rely on planning

I know we had a few out who would make us better.

But I’m seriously deflated after yesterday. It was a real genuine, wtf are we doing moment.

Love Battle. Love Steele.

But Battle was probably our best. Had it 24 times.

Yet Andrews impact was so much greater from his 18 touches.

Steele is a shadow of the 2020/21 AA.

I just don’t want to go down this road where we try and make finals with half the talent of everyone else.

Yeah we might blow the picks. But right now it’s like running on a hamster wheel. We know our ceiling. We need more than 1 good first rounder each year.

I’d seriously let Battle go. Trade Steele.

Bring in both Shiel and Macrae for more senior support and I’d absolutely do my due diligence on Oliver if a first rounder is attached.

We have to go all in on a draft. Tassie is coming and if we keep the path we are on, we will sink when Tassie dilutes the draft.
I am really beginning to think with Brisbane, GC, North getting more free hits ( honestly blows my mind how no one in the media talks about it with any conviction ) on top of Tassie coming in that re-signing Battle / keeping Steele is a big mistake. Love both of them but we aren't winning anything while they are in their prime while we don't have a midfield period. Yesterday should have smacked the rose colored glasses off anyones face. Max has his issues to work on but 100% going to waste his talent and primes years without decent supply.

Are dual elite midfielders guaranteed at the draft hell no, but it's a damn sight more likely than digging up anything other than a potato at Moorabbin over the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back