List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get picks 4 and 5, take those to the draftand trade for McCrae.
Keep Steele, but trade King for 2 firsts, split the top ten for two firsts.

Keep Steele, keep Jones and Clark.

Go to the draft with 5 first rounders.

Next year's midfield, Steele, McCrae, Clark, Phillipou, Jones and 4 or 5 frdp mids.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stupid

I haven't read all the posts today, but I will repeat my position fwiw:

We should keep Battle and make him Captain. I can't stress the second part of this hard enough. He and Wilkie are the only senior players we have who even close to leaders, and I think Wilkie is better as Vice Captain, he's too mild-mannered to be skipper. If he goes he goes but if he stays, we'd be crazy not to do this imo.

I would take a plane from Paris to Melbourne tomorrow to drive Jack Steele to whoever wants to give us decent picks for him EXCEPT that if Crouch retires as looks likely and Ross retires or moves as I hope he will, Steele is the only established senior mid we will have. (Sincs is a valuable half back moonlighting as a mid, Zac Jones is too inconsistent, Dow has massive question marks over him.) So if we do that, we'd have to trade in a ready to go replacement, which defeats the purpose.

I like Steele, I think he's a good player but he's not a captain and his form has crashed since 2022. I think we've seen his best. He may still fetch us a first round pick plus change. It would look terrible from outside and be very risky, but I'd still do it all things considered.

Bringing in Oliver has the potential to be a turning point for us, either like Lovett or Schneider. If we get him plus a pick, we'd have to consider it.

Right now a handful of teams need to trade in experienced cultural pieces, Ross and Membrey would be worth next to nothing, but Gold Coast, North or even West Coast could do with someone who can help them harden up so it's worth investigating for a pick swap or extra 2nd rounder or something. Dreaming probably.

And no to trading Max, not yet anyway. He's young, he can see the way we play best. Back him to bend to fit us rather than wait for the opposite. If he doesn't adapt, at least we tried. His value is at an all-time low right now

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Ol Beany looks like he's waiting for a Metro Train......good luck with that one Beany.

For all those wondering why Steele has lost his effectiveness. Let’s remember the game has changed over the past 2 years. Rule changes have sped the game up and reduce the impact of pure I side mids.

We have Steele, Crouch, Ross and Hunter who are all plodders. It is not a coincidence that Oliver, McRae, Tom Mitchell, Luke Parker, Nat Fyfe and Wines are struggling or have struggled recently.

Unfortunately, due to the way the game is played, we have seen the best of Steele already.

We need to get picks 4 and 5, take those to the draftand trade for McCrae.
Keep Steele, but trade King for 2 firsts, split the top ten for two firsts.

Keep Steele, keep Jones and Clark.

Go to the draft with 5 first rounders.

Next year's midfield, Steele, McCrae, Clark, Phillipou, Jones and 4 or 5 frdp mids.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way. Our spine is already mediocre, we can't afford to lose Battle AND King. Ross also wants to move Caminiti to full back to replace Dougal in the long-term, which means we lose 3 key pillars of our best 22's talls within probably a couple of years depending on when the Caminiti move is made permanent.

More mids are nice, but there needs to be a balance otherwise its robbing and assassinating Peter to pay Paul

For all those wondering why Steele has lost his effectiveness. Let’s remember the game has changed over the past 2 years. Rule changes have sped the game up and reduce the impact of pure I side mids.

We have Steele, Crouch, Ross and Hunter who are all plodders. It is not a coincidence that Oliver, McRae, Tom Mitchell, Luke Parker, Nat Fyfe and Wines are struggling or have struggled recently.

Unfortunately, due to the way the game is played, we have seen the best of Steele already.
It's definitely a factor, but not the full reason. Most of it comes down to the injuries - he was in AA form early in the season before the knee knock derailed his season. Has been solid post-bye

Game has sped up, but the likes of Serong, Neale, Cripps, Dunkley have all survived. Serong is probably the closest comparison with size, shape, attributes etc. Need more mids so we can take some burden off him and allow him to be rested when needed

I would take a plane from Paris to Melbourne tomorrow to drive Jack Steele to whoever wants to give us decent picks for him EXCEPT that if Crouch retires as looks likely and Ross retires or moves as I hope he will, Steele is the only established senior mid we will have. (Sincs is a valuable half back moonlighting as a mid, Zac Jones is too inconsistent, Dow has massive question marks over him.) So if we do that, we'd have to trade in a ready to go replacement, which defeats the purpose.

I like Steele, I think he's a good player but he's not a captain and his form has crashed since 2022. I think we've seen his best. He may still fetch us a first round pick plus change. It would look terrible from outside and be very risky, but I'd still do it all things considered.

Bringing in Oliver has the potential to be a turning point for us, either like Lovett or Schneider. If we get him plus a pick, we'd have to consider it.

Right now a handful of teams need to trade in experienced cultural pieces, Ross and Membrey would be worth next to nothing, but Gold Coast, North or even West Coast could do with someone who can help them harden up so it's worth investigating for a pick swap or extra 2nd rounder or something. Dreaming probably.

And no to trading Max, not yet anyway. He's young, he can see the way we play best. Back him to bend to fit us rather than wait for the opposite. If he doesn't adapt, at least we tried. His value is at an all-time low right now
Nope.

Crouch gone (looking 99% likely)
Ross gone.
Jones near the end, injury prone.
Clark injury prone - or at least damn unlucky
Sincs - more elite HBF

Pou
Windy
NAS (potentially) up and comer mids.

Dow - who knows but not a saviour
Stocker -ditto

And you want to MOVE Steele on?

Last edited:
Just a correction here for those saying for the Club to let Battle go

News Flash Noobs ..... Battle will decide if Battle wants to go .... the club have an offer on the table ..... Josh will choose if he goes or not .... not the Club .... unless of course the club withdraws the contract offer ... which they won't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a correction here for those saying for the Club to let Battle go

News Flash Noobs ..... Battle will decide if Battle wants to go .... the club have an offer on the table ..... Josh will choose if he goes or not .... not the Club .... unless of course the club withdraws the contract offer ... which they won't
When people say let Battle go, they mean dont overpay him to stay and don't be desperate to keep him

Also fk me how cringe is the unironic use of the term 'noob' in 2024

Ross isn't letting King go.

I would also like to see someone else besides Steele as captain.

I'd like to see Owens train full time as a mid. It should have happened ages ago.

It seems like the most St Kilda logic ever. The only way to get better is to nose dive the club.

The competition is the most even it's ever been, you are much better to stay close and try to make a run at while drafting and trading in bits. Port Adelaide are able to attract players to them because they always look around the mark.

Gambling is not the way forward. Gambling is how you send yourself broke.
I get what you are saying, but I am at the point where I am like "faark it", let's be reckless. If it blows up in our face so be it. We are already so beige. Stuck in no man's land right now.

Let's get Oliver, roll the dice. At least it would be interesting.

I haven't read all the posts today, but I will repeat my position fwiw:

We should keep Battle and make him Captain. I can't stress the second part of this hard enough. He and Wilkie are the only senior players we have who even close to leaders, and I think Wilkie is better as Vice Captain, he's too mild-mannered to be skipper. If he goes he goes but if he stays, we'd be crazy not to do this imo.

That's it, jump on the Oliver train. I am 100% all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back