List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can’t afford rent, find a cheaper home And if we miss finals next year. Which your entire premise banks on, we also lose:

Pick 6 for Battle.
Maximum currency for any other senior players we POTENTIALLY could trade.

The time to make the move is now. In a draft full of mids.

If we don’t land a gun free agent mid. Your entire plan has just sunk us into the Tassie drafts

With Steele Marshall Sinclair all 31 and Wilkie 30 in 2026.

Your literally planting us in hell

Be a bit more dramatic you old queen. Burn the house down in case we get termites and claim the insurance. If we are lucky we’ll buy another house in the same area.

That’s why I think we should trade Max, because I think he’s the most likely player to get a good return.

He’s the obvious one, another shit year and he’s worth nothing. We often play better without him. Battle and Steele are both needed. Get North’s pick 2 and another first. If you are trading for picks in an even draft and want to get the one you want you need to be top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s the obvious one, another shit year and he’s worth nothing. We often play better without him. Battle and Steele are both needed. Get North’s pick 2 and another first. If you are trading for picks in an even draft and want to get the one you want you need to be top 3.
I totally agree he seems the obvious and smart choice, not that I think we will do it though.

I think most would agree that a sizable portion of Gen Z'ers are prententious and uptight w***ers .... unless of course you're from that generation

That's 24 words ;)
:tearsofjoy:

You poor Boomer you seem to have held a tenuous grasp on the 25 words part but not the actual request before the Alzheimer caught up with you !

Anyway ..... back on topic. BaTTleS TrADe

Last edited:
If King is that useless why would North give up pick 2 and another first?

It’s not that he’s useless, I just think he’s the most expendable.
I've been critical of his attitude/body language but out of all our players he would be one of the top 3 to come back and bite us in the ass if traded out, especially for the value we would get for him after 2 injury interrupted seasons.

Would have been like Carlton trading out Curnow

Last edited:
No way. Our spine is already mediocre, we can't afford to lose Battle AND King. Ross also wants to move Caminiti to full back to replace Dougal in the long-term, which means we lose 3 key pillars of our best 22's talls within probably a couple of years depending on when the Caminiti move is made permanent.

More mids are nice, but there needs to be a balance otherwise its robbing and assassinating Peter to pay Paul
Is the view on Caminiti assuming the long term fullback role from club intel or just an observation?

I had thought it was more a trial in prep if battle was leaving.

He looks a likely type down back but has a point of difference to our other key forwards with his size and strength, which will only increase.

I've been critical of his attitude/body language but out of all our players he would be one of the top 3 to coma back and bite us in the ass if traded out, especially for the value we would get for him after 2 injury interrupted seasons.

Would have been like Carlton trading out Curnow
Curnow hasn't missed a game since the start of 2022 .... not sure how the Blues would cope without him .... no ready made replacement it seems unless De Koning goes forward

Either way King aint going anywhere but at least we have a few players who can fill Kings spot

Okay here we go my guide to our ins and outs this off season. This is not done with emotion I am a big fan of all of these players and the contribution to our club.

Included likelihood as a percentage

Outs (up to 8 of the below)

50% UFA: []Josh Battle[/]
75% DFA: []Tim Membrey[/]
60% Traded: Ben Paton
20% Traded: []Dougal Howard[/]

80% Retirement: []Brad Crouch[/]
80% Retirement: Seb Ross

50% Delisted: []Zak Jones[/]
60% Delisted: Matthew Alison
75% Delisted/Retirement: [l]Tom Campbell[]
50% Delisted: Jack Hayes
25% Delisted: Max Heath

Re-sign (

100% 2 years Dan Butler
70% 1 year Angus McLennan
100% 3 years Cooper Sharman
50% 3 years []Dougal Howard[/]
100% 2 years Isaac Keeler
50% 1 year James Van Es
100% 2 years []Liam Stocker[/]
50% 1 year lJimmy Webster
100% 2 years lMason Wood
60% 2 years Ollie Hotton
70% 1 year []Riley Bonner[/]
100% 2 years []Ryan Byrnes[/]

Ins (up to 8 from)

50% Trade: Dylan Sheil
30% Trade: Mat Owies

100% Pick #5-6: J Smith, J Smillie, H Langford, S Lalor
50% Pick #6-7: Same as above
100% Pick 25: Wide range of talent
100% NGA: Adrien Cole
100% F/S: Elwood Peckett
70% NGA: Lennox Hofman

Prepare for us to go young, this is our 2024 age profile

average 24.5 years old
ranked 10th for the year

We will be bottom 4 in age bracket if these changes go ahead.

Go back to go forward.

We just don’t have the top end talent the best sides do.

We are 12 months away from any POTENTIAL free agent.

Just build via the draft.
Have thought this since Lyon joined
Bassatt actually stated this very early - blind Freddy can see we aren’t near the big boys…Sunday spelt that out
I think we are at least 2 years off IF all goes well AND we can snag a decent FA plus draft very well
It’s a narrow path to success we have to walk ….unlike AFL handout central northern states …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back