List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the view on Caminiti assuming the long term fullback role from club intel or just an observation?

I had thought it was more a trial in prep if battle was leaving.

He looks a likely type down back but has a point of difference to our other key forwards with his size and strength, which will only increase.
Ross keeps comparing Caminiti to past players who've converted from forwards into defenders - I'm assuming he's indicating that the long-term view is to have him play as a key defender, perhaps as a Jake Lever type

Schoenmaker + Caminiti has all the makings of being the next May + Lever. The two pairs have identical attributes it's randomly uncanny

Caminiti would be a loss from the forward line, but we have Keeler and Heath coming through alongside King and Sharman.. Im confident one of those two will be up for the fwd/ruck role. I also think we'll draft a key forward this off-season. We'll also get Cole so if he develops well, we can always shift Hammer back to the forward line. Plenty of flexibility

Trade 3:

Tim Membrey to Sydney for Luke Parker

Essentially:

Out: Steele, Collard, Membrey
In: Rachele, Edwards, Simpson, Voss, Parker

Parker replaces Steele, Voss replaces Membrey, Rachele replaces Collard, and Edwards + Simpson for free.. I can only dream :)

Last edited:
We'd love a bit of luck too. Someone to explode onto the scene from nowhere, like Garcia just becoming a massive gun over pre-season or Wilson suddenly becomes a midfield beast, Windy going to another level. Or Elwood Peckett from nowhere becomes an elite pickup.

I have faith in the coaches and list management, there has to be a plan to improve the midfield long term.
I think Wilson is a real X factor, great first season and who knows what his level is.

NAS is All Aus calibre
Pou like Wilson
Owens and Windy to keep improving

They’re are quality players there.

Amazi
For all those wondering why Steele has lost his effectiveness. Let’s remember the game has changed over the past 2 years. Rule changes have sped the game up and reduce the impact of pure I side mids.

We have Steele, Crouch, Ross and Hunter who are all plodders. It is not a coincidence that Oliver, McRae, Tom Mitchell, Luke Parker, Nat Fyfe and Wines are struggling or have struggled recently.

Unfortunately, due to the way the game is played, we have seen the best of Steele already.
ng how he started the season in some insane form and then got injured and struggled since. Give him a break ffs.

It seems the Trade Thread is copping the wrath of Sundays loss.

If Battle wants to stay, great lock him in.

If we only have one 1RDP, that's fine also. I suspect we will try and trade back in (maybe not in the First Round, but someone like Hynes not being in the Age Top 30 means even a 2RDP is going to be valuable this year.

Our midfield fortunes are going to be led by Phillipou, Windhager, Dow, Clark more than they will whoever we draft.

Development just as important.

Those screaming for mids understand that it's a finite position on the ground?

If the above (along with Steele) is our core, then adding 2 or 3 1RDP in the next 2 years will hopefully be the class on top.

Such silly logic. They also played in our wins and made a massive difference.

Those wins were against mediocre sides only good win was Sydney, Brisbane is the leader of the pack & we haven’t even got their @rse in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This thread is cooked!!!!

A lot of scorched earth in the last few days. It reminds me of the pre-season threads - start off slow and then a week before the season starts we are flag bound.

Nothing is easy and to expect the current list to be turned around in a single trade period is a fantasy. There is some good on the list but clearly a lack of A graders and particularly in the mids.

Talk of trading Steele is bonkers. Crouch goes, Ross goes, Jones goes - all likely. Steele is shipped off - we have a midfield led by Windy? That could be the weakest midfield in the history of the AFL/VFL. Forget Owens as a mid - he is simply not clean enough with his hands and he is not nimble enough with his feet.

The path has to be through the draft. Aside from delistings and retirements the obvious move, the one that addresses the need for young high end talent is Battle to Hawthorn. It will likely happen whether we like it or not but it is also the one change that will likley get us a very good return without crippling the list.

Next 2 years have got to be about high end young talent and retaining the core group - NAS, Sincs, Pou, Wilson, King, Caminiti, Sharman, Henry.

Steele, Marshall, Wood, Wilkie, Howard are all solid senior citizens there to help develop the young players. Whether we like it or not we are 3-4 years away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As has been the case since Ross has come back, you build around your youth cause the older brigade isn't good enough, nor deep enough. Nas, Owens, Pou, Windy, Wilson, King, Henry, Caminiti. Bonus points if any of Garcia, Keeler, Sharman, Hastie, Collard, Ari, Heath and McLennan become regular contributors or hopefully more.
From the older brigade, Sinclair, Wilkie, Marshall are must keep for me. I'm ambivalent about everyone else as long as the price is right. A top 6-7 pick for losing Battle is a no brainer for me.
The thing about the young'ins is that there are really only 4 mids in that list at present (Pou, Windy, Wilson, Garcia), maybe 5 depending on how you see Henry. We need to take 10-12 picks in the next 2 drafts and a whole lot of those picks need to be mids.

Last edited:
All this place does is whine about how we have no good players then in the next breathe, suggest we should trade all our good players.

In saying that we should trade Ro also, so that we might draft a good player. Eventually.

But no, I mean I get it, we largely got burned with the GCS and GWS entry previously where we had to deal with topping up, so now that Tassie is popping up and North have what they have for example, there is a real sort of "do we maybe get burned again" going around.

You then essentially have to give some things to get some other different things, so when you hear things like Steele being amenable to going elsewhere, Battle as a UFA deciding things, people obviously retiring off Jones yet keeping Clark who was previously shopped as same diff, Coff being the actual leaver; how long do you keep people around? If you do want to get better, or do you want to almost whole with the core you currently have in the Nas/Windy/Owens/Wilson/Pou/Ming/Hammer grouping.

Some are just pulling immediately is all.

Won’t happen.

Trade 1:

But if Adelaide wants Steele for Rachele (small forward that can pinch hit in the middle?) + Charlie Edwards (ex-dragons mid), would you take it?
I think I’d rather just the picks for this draft.

There are a lot of really interesting players in this draft.

Tobie Travaglia for example will probably go around that 8-12 area and he looks like a Josh Weddle type plug and play anywhere immediately

As has been the case since Ross has come back, you build around your youth cause the older brigade isn't good enough, nor deep enough. Nas, Owens, Pou, Windy, Wilson, King, Caminiti. Bonus points if any of Garcia, Keeler, Sharman, Hastie, Collard, Ari, Heath and McLennan become regular contributors or hopefully more.
From the older brigade, Sinclair, Wilkie, Marshall are must keep for me. I'm ambivalent about everyone else as long as the price is right. A top 6-7 pick for losing Battle is a no brainer for me.
The thing about the young'ins is that there are really only 4 mids in that list at present (Pou, Windy, Wilson, Garcia). We need to take 10-12 picks in the next 2 drafts and a whole lot of those picks need to be mids.
The issue with Battle is he's not guaranteed a band one pick. If he does leave we obviously will be crossing our fingers but can you imagine if it comes out band two? Ouch. Not that we can really do anything about it.

Where did I say trade Steele?

I said trade King. In my view both Kings are overrated and are Daniher only quality.

Get 2 firsts for him, that is at least four frdps, 3 probably top ten.

We lose Battle and King. Showed with decent ball supply what Coops and Hammer can do.

We have to be bold or we risk another 15 years of total nothingness.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

North will pole vault past us when those already high draft picks are supported by even more plus start to attract FAs once they can see the star factor with Sheezel, Wardlaw and so on.

Sick to death of trading for some garbage sugar hit, improving to mid table and falling again once the ne t batch of bear 30yo fall away.

Even if there is no trading of Steele etc, please do not top up with other slow / past it 30yo that cost us decent draft picks in a very deep draft.

I want some F’ing hope and want my kids to see some kind of hope. Particularly when we now see some recruiter talent and a good coach for a bloody change.

The issue with Battle is he's not guaranteed a band one pick. If he does leave we obviously will be crossing our fingers but can you imagine if it comes out band two? Ouch. Not that we can really do anything about it.

AFL journalist Cal Twoomey has gone with the Band 1 story I don’t think he would do that unless there was significant truth to it. Band 2 would be pick 19-26

Where did I say trade Steele?

I said trade King. In my view both Kings are overrated and are Daniher only quality.

Get 2 firsts for him, that is at least four frdps, 3 probably top ten.

We lose Battle and King. Showed with decent ball supply what Coops and Hammer can do.

We have to be bold or we risk another 15 years of total nothingness.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kings issues are a by product of that midfield.

Majority of our issues are a by product of that midfield.

If King is that useless why would North give up pick 2 and another first?

He’s not useless he’s high potential. If you want maximum return for minimal on field impact he’s tradable.

Everyone on here wants to bottom out. If you want our antique coach to be able to rebuild and be brave, lose all the good players and bottom out properly. If Steele and Battle go we might as well trade everyone over 28. If we are going to be bottom 4 make it properly shit. Slow bleed out to lower expectations is just making it longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back