List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle update on Tradies apparently. Anybody listened to it? I can’t listen to Sam McLure anymore, too much floginess. You just know he’s going to go with Dusty to Gold Coast again.
Cleary says he is keeping an eye on Membrey for a trade. Still no new deal discussion.

Battle - week or 2 ago he had him at 80% leaving. Bit of weak chatter on the weekend. 70% confident he goes

Battle update on Tradies apparently. Anybody listened to it? I can’t listen to Sam McLure anymore, too much floginess. You just know he’s going to go with Dusty to Gold Coast again.

Just Mitch Cleary saying he is reducing the chances of Battle going from 85% down to 70% based on some talk over the weekend. Im guessing this is referring to the facebook group posts. Nothing credible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just Mitch Cleary saying he is reducing the chances of Battle going from 85% down to 70% based on some talk over the weekend. Im guessing this is referring to the facebook group posts. Nothing credible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
HS....you lost me at the word "Facebook"

:) :) :)

Where did I say trade Steele?

I said trade King. In my view both Kings are overrated and are Daniher only quality.

Get 2 firsts for him, that is at least four frdps, 3 probably top ten.

We lose Battle and King. Showed with decent ball supply what Coops and Hammer can do.

We have to be bold or we risk another 15 years of total nothingness.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would do this all day long, but I can't see anybody coughing up 2 first rounders for King.

Maybe 1-2 years ago, but not now. Draft value has dropped significantly.

My dream off-season would be trade King, get Battle comp, trade for Oliver.

End up with potentially 4-5 early picks, and if Oliver is back to 80%-90% of his best we are already better next year.

We won't miss King, and Battle is good but let's invest in Schoenmaker, he will he a player.

In 2 years if Wilkie, Sincs, Marshall hold there form we should be contending.

We would never do the King or Oliver trades but has massive potential upside if we get it right.

End up with potentially 4-5 early picks, and if Oliver is back to 80%-90% of his best we are already better next year.

We won't miss King, and Battle is good but let's invest in Schoenmaker, he will he a player.

We would never do the King or Oliver trades but has massive potential upside if we get it right.

See that's in your dreams.
In your dreams all your draft picks turn into superstar mids.

See that's in your dreams.
In your dreams all your draft picks turn into superstar mids.
4-5 cracks at it at least we are in the mix. If the club thinks Owens is not a mid we are looking really cooked.

It's basically Pou and that is it in terms of star potential. Windy is a nice prospect but every club has a handful of these.

We need to pull of bold off. Anybody thinking King is going to become a star of the comp at this point is kidding themselves.

Trading King would be the worst move in the history of the club.

The issue isnt so much what we have.

It’s a 2 fold issue about what we need and what the list demographic will be in a reasonable time frame to get there.

We need a gun midfielder/s.

We have missed out on those in free agency.
So if one becomes available your looking at a first rounder at trade time and weighing that up with are we positioned to contend?

Say we don’t land 1 and say we head to the draft. It will be 2026 before a gun midfielder potential plays a game after coming across.

That means that core group of: Sinclair Steele Marshall are 31.

Thats what needs to be considered and the conversation needs to be overlayed with Tassie coming in.

So we effectively have 2 drafts before they get raided.

Steele’s value only declines from here.
Battle looks like netting us p6 - so if he stays we need to weigh that up.

It’s a very tough situation. That’s why myself and others are in favour of going back a step or 2 and loading up now. So that we can avoid needing to hit the draft when Tassie arrives.

The mids we draft now will come on just as all our best senior talent finish up. Unless we fully rebuild we will be bottoming out to get ready to bottom out again. If you feed kids into a competitive side they are more likely to come on quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading King would be the worst move in the history of the club.

We are the masters of bad decisions. Why stop now?

Lyon needs to be held to account and if the club goes further backwards next year we need to cut him as soon as possible before he fully Malthouses us.

hey wait that happens in my dreams too.. come to think of it I've never seen saintbill and myself in the same room before :think:
Very funny there MG.

Bonus points incoming.

You wouldn't want to hear what happens in some of my dreams(aside from me guzzling the bubbly stuff out of a big shiny silver cup)

That's between myself and my therapist.

;) ;) ;)

Exactly.

The same people advocating that are probably making serious plans for straight after their wedding to Margot Robbie!!

We can't we trade him? Sounds like no-one is off limits and there is no plan to move forward next year. By the time we are playing finals again he'll probably be late 20s.... he's a year younger than Battle. It's not like he's 20.

We need to either decide to bottom out hard or go hard at a finals push. If we bottom out we might as well offer up every one with value over 22 and start to build around the kids.

It sounds like a lot want another bottom out on here.

The mids we draft now will come on just as all our best senior talent finish up. Unless we fully rebuild we will be bottoming out to get ready to bottom out again. If you feed kids into a competitive side they are more likely to come on quickly.
The interest in Shiel and Macrae for hotdogs can cover the competitiveness.

Look at and explore an Oliver with a first rounder attached.

There are ways around that competitive point in the short term that bridges the gap for the talent.

Missing out on all the free agent talent makes the path really simple for me.

Every chance we miss finals with Steele and Battle still with us. Why not load up in a good draft and trade smartly?

Ross met with Tarryn Thomas today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back