List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously get upset at anyone having a different opinions than yours. Maybe we should just agree to ignore each other. Don't think this is much of a debate to be honest. I'm bored by it.
Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the lad bolted up the draft board and then became a star for the club.

No club has deserved some genetic luck more than St Kilda.

It seems as though Elwood can play. Shining for the Stingrays. Could be a late surprise packet.

I feel like Tarryn Thomas might be a tough sell to the membership base. Will be interested to see how the club spin it

Plus a generational backman, plus Cotchin, a great player in any era then they went and got Lynch while being premiers, but hey, we should emulate them by recruiting Paddy Dow and one first round dp while the two flag favourites get the best players in the draft.
Don't bother with reality, we just have to 'believe' harder.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tigers backline was key ... it was very solid and dependable which allowed the rest of the players to attack and flood forward ... Astbury, Grimes and Vlastuin rarely got beat

Add in half a decent mid field and playing the majority of your games at the G .... also playing interstate sides in 2 of their GF wins who hardly played the G was key as well.

If people read through your comments on this thread over the last 2 days, they'll see you argue against the same things you've argued for.

I can't tell if you're here just trolling or you don't know which lane to pick
I've just come to accept they're either giga brain stirring up activity......

Or the more likely, like the sound of their own voice. Reading through all the posts over the last 2 days are the ravings of a mad man arguing with themselves.

Tigers backline was key ... it was very solid and dependable which allowed the rest of the players to attack and flood forward ... Astbury, Grimes and Vlastuin rarely got beat

Add in half a decent mid field and playing the majority of your games at the G .... also playing interstate sides in 2 of their GF wins who hardly played the G was key as well.
Geez Alex Rance doesn't even get a mention. 5 x AA and AA captain. Rough ! Pretty sure Broad was above those 3 too.

Each to they're own l suppose but IMHO both are subjective cases that have root cause in stoopid.

That combined with a multitude of other unknown factors leads each to exhibit the aggregate of their personal misfortunes, to which none here are qualified to speak on.
The fundamental question is: What chance of rehabilitation or correction.
Either way, stoopid reduces the prospects of a favourable outcome to below 50% and with their existing liabilities l think it's a gamble we shouldn't take.

Oh yeah I wouldn't do either, and really club shouldn't either as neither will really add to us.

Just yeah, I see more Oliver getting his headspace better than I do TT suddenly removing the rod from his arse and recognising that half of the global population actually matter and it's not the 50's any more with burning bras and chanting.

That's a recent one that is really starting to bite.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the deals that Ross reportedly lost his shit over when he came back to the club.

There was zero reason why we couldn't have got both Crouch & Caldwell in either.
The thought was that Caldwell wanted more time in the midfield and us bringing in Crouch may have stifled that hence why he choose the Injector route

Caldwell is shaping up nicely but it's not like he is propelling Essendon to the flag ... he is just another above average nuts and bolts midfielder .... can he take it to the next level? ... maybe .... though he is playing better than Crouch is at the moment

Geez Alex Rance doesn't even get a mention. 5 x AA and AA captain. Rough ! Pretty sure Broad was above those 3 too.

Being fair, he only played in one premiership team.

Was a gun, no doubt, but they won 2019 and 2020 without him.

If we had taken Caldwell everyone here would have lost patience with him before he became any good.

This is like his 6th year now and the first one where he's lived up to potential

One thing I've learnt around here is if you're not good in your second year you should be traded.

Thank god Pou has come good recently, a few idiots wanted to trade him a couple of months back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can make an estimation by observing why he’s broken out this year. Clearly his output increased with increased midfield time.

We would’ve given him this midfield time immediately. He may not have been as good as he is now, but it definitely would’ve correlated to improved performance

Dumb to think that these estimations cannot be made
Caldwell goes to Saints does an acl .... just as valid as any other estimation

But hey what value is making an estimation that can't and will never be proven .... just a waste of time

People on here are claiming he's un touchable.
AFAIAK no kent is untouchable be it coach, player list manager or boot studder. Thats why it is ludicrious to be howled down by some for suggesting Kings is NOT untouchable.

Last edited:
Liam Reidy re-signed for one year at the Dockers. Could’ve been a cheap backup option to free up Marshall
He averages 10 disposals in the WAFL and doesn't kick goals ... lots of hit outs though

Carl Jr looks a better prospect and is younger ... averages more disposals, kicks more goals, takes more marks in a better competition ... less hit outs though

We still do need another developing ruck but would prefer if we found another one 22yo or under

AFAIAK no kent is untouchable be it coach, player list manager or boot studder. Thats why it is ludicrious to be howled down by some for suggesting Kings is untouchable.

Considering none of have any actual power to make any decisions. It all just a bunch of keyboard warriors with opinions. They can't actually hurt anyone.

There you go ... Tigers backline was key

Freed up players up the ground to attack because the backline was so dependable

Opposition was always on the backfoot

FTFY

Something, Something, Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Shai Bolton

I was all for Caldwell at the time but 22 touches a game with 9.5 contested isn’t all that upsetting to miss out on. Just another B grader to add to the list.

FTFY

Something, Something, Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Shai Bolton
Tigers backline was still key to allow those players to play with more attacking intent

Tigers backline was still key to allow those players to play with more attacking intent
A top notch back line is a very handy addition to an elite tier midfield. An elite tier back line ain't sh*t without without a top notch midfield.

Just put the Brisbane and Dogs games on repeat if you feel the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back