List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch has had a shocking year but according to the stats still a better year than Kurtis

Curtis looks on the way to being a good player still. It's hard to compare them on stats. Curtis is more goal sneak than medium tall forward.

If I was to guess Phillipou will end up a better player and Wilson really could be anything. The 22 under 22 is a bit of fun more than anything.

North have 2 guns in Wardlaw and Sheezel and I think Comben is heading towards being a gun. McKercher will probably be an absolute gun too. Duursma showed a bit early. They have heaps of young talent so not sure why Powell and Curtis got in over a heap of others but it's more amusing than anything.

Why do you keep this straw man going? One frdp acres and Bruce would not have won us a flag.
Our list balance was a mess. Hill is playing better than at any time with us, Howard same in my opinion and are you telling us Ryder was not there to give a young Rohan a chop out and went way above that.
Jones and Butler are still in the 22 like Howard and Hill, you know, the team you keep saying is a top eight team.
Since then we have used our first round every draft, in fact the only time we have not used our frdp since 2015 was 2019.
Coff and Clark 2017
King 2018
Allison 2020
NWM 2021
POU 2022
Wilson 2023
Two top ten this year.
So we didn't use the first once in 10 drafts and four of those five players still are regular senior players.
Your argument makes no sense, one frdp in 10 years would have us competing for the flag? Laughable.
Maybe if we got multiple F/S and NGA's or be North and get inexplicable multiple free dp's we wouldn't have to look at getting rid of players.
Please quit with this myth of yours please, it is just factually incorrect. One first rounder 5 years ago would not make us a flag threat. What planet do you live on?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wouldn't have won us anything. We probably would have dropped away like we are now. It would have let us draft hard for a few years and jump up. We were losing Armo, Stuv, Roberton, Carlisle was cooked etc. It was time to draft hard. Clark, King, Coffield and Paton weren't a deep enough youth group to top up.

Go back and read my criticism at the time.

List builds are about knowing where you are in the cycle and using the right levers. We used an upside down model making icing before the cake had been made.

I know you were a huge fan at the time so you find it hard to admit that you were wrong but it was a stupid model proven by the fact that people are now wanting to go backwards again and the club trying to get back into drafts.

You are saying now one FRDP pick isn't enough. We traded away years of second round picks and chased older and recycled players with less wait but lower upside.

What stat does he lead by a considerable margin except Hitouts and Center Clerances? They basically have identical stats except Paul kicks way more goals

Dude, you started out quite cute but now you're getting a bit tiring. Maybe go have a circle jerk on your board.

Lmao what stats, Curtis leads in nearly statistic except disposals with Mitch leading by a whopping 0.7 disposals

What stat does he lead by a considerable margin except Hitouts and Center Clerances? They basically have identical stats except Paul kicks way more goals

You made a claim, I showed the stats, you've moved the goalposts. You're wrong on a lot of levels, I just used the easiest method to refute. Take your biased claptrap back to your own board - it might be welcome there.

Are you dense? How can it be so hard to comprehend stats…maybe you were one of the ones in the “kanga kanga kanga” video?

I suspect Montagna took an extra critical eye to several saints players.
Wilson could have been selected over Windsor (Leading on close to every statistical metric).
And suspect Pou and Owens would be walk up selections next year.

To be fair Curtis wins clangers hands down. Jog on charity cheat, welfare handout bludgers.

Amazing he can actually play at all with a racist/homophobe as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn this board getting dragged down to debate with Norf nuffies. This is a dark day
Their board must be seriously boring if they have to hop over here for entertainment.

I thought it was a terrible idea at first, but I am starting to warm to the idea of giving TT his 9999th chance. It would almost be worth it just to see the tantrum of Norf supporters at an unprecedented scale. It would make the Webster bump/ angry manlet incident look like the practice match that it was.

re TT

im not going to draw a line on everything the saints do,that shiel business last season was mighty scary & dont want him this year either,certainly with no loss of saints picks,but the mere suggestion of handing them the gresh compo pick for shiel is enough to shut the gate

but one thing im already cringeing abour re thomas,is that first goal where the boys come from everywhere to get around him,

that aint gonna be a good look

It all may be nothing IF the AFL permanently deregister him 50/50?

My take is the club are seriously considering him and have leaked the story to the media to get a read on how bad the fall out might be. The other consideration releasing it now gives the key stakeholders time to digest it, if we were to take him on later in the year.

Stay tuned Sainters!
You make it sound exciting recruiting a piece of trash

They must have run out of rubber chickens to play with

It’s okay; Laura’s got their backs

D7zz5YL.jpeg

The work and care of Auntie Katrina and the salvation of a second chance could very well prove the making of Tarryn Thomas the man.

I personally think this recent approach to misdemeanor - idealistic absolutism, abandonment, ethical fascism - serves society pretty ill but I'll admit it's a very sensitive issue where our deepest emotions inhibit reflection.

We've been down this path before: most recently with our new cult hero Arie Schoenmaker but before that with hypothetical trades for a rogue's gallery of flawed gun players including JDG, Cousins, Dusty, and so on. The same comments keep cropping up: "If we sign this ratbag, I'll toss my membership in the bin" etc. Usually the same people looking for any excuse to leave. I sort of hope it happens for this reason.

Maybe he is a reprehensible human, incapable of any degree of self improvement. That's what due diligence and a clause-heavy contrast will protect us from.

We are looking at recruiting a very good football player, that's all he has to be. Our club stands for certain values we want all our players to hold true, but I don't like the idea that any person is "beyond hope".

Domestic violence is a difficult issue, there's so much that is behind it all and the end result is so horrible, but it is not as simple as we'd like it to be.

Bit of a ramble, sorry. My 2 cents fwiw.

If the club lost any remaining ethics and recruited TT, I fear there would be significant drop off in female memberships, and females and children attending our games. Already discussed this with a few women older and young and it was a strong in- your-face response.

I suspect Montagna took an extra critical eye to several saints players.
Wilson could have been selected over Windsor (Leading on close to every statistical metric).
And suspect Pou and Owens would be walk up selections next year.

Windsor looks really good so far could win the RS award this year. I'd probably have him a bit ahead of Wilson too. Wilson has shown enough to think he'll be an exceptional talent regardless. They were hard to split at the draft, Wilson probably had more X factor and flash, Windsor the more renowned wing game.

I reckon both are going to have really good careers. We saw a bit of what Darcy can do so far but he's got gears to go up. He's got a candy selling game and good around goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back